ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Don’t Crash The Car, Well Even If You Do The Car Will Save You
Total Articles: 312
Have you been drinking and driving? Or perhaps chatting on your mobile while driving? If you are a little careless while you drive and are prone to having a bump here and there you are better off getting your hands on a new set of wheels with active safety technologies. Car manufacturers such as Mercedes are incorporating space age technology into their cars to save lives or rather save us from crashing our buggies when we are simply too careless with our own lives. This might sound science fiction to you but these are some of the technologies Mercedes’s latest S Class has:
Auto cruise control warns you if you are getting too close to the car in front and if you don’t react it applies brakes on its own to maintain a safe driving distance.
Traction control sense when you steer too sharply or lose traction in the wet and cuts engine power and limits the power individually to each wheel to bring you back on track.
Anti Lock Braking System, this has been around for quite some time now. ABS helps in achieving best possible braking performance, it prevent jamming of the wheel which results in skids and loss of vehicle control. The computer senses when the wheels are about to lock and releases the brakes momentarily and then applies them again.
Airbags, as many as 8 airbags protect you in the unlikely event of a crash. Airbags exist for all passengers and are inflated in milliseconds when the care ‘senses’ a crash. Airbags can protect the occupant even at 100mph crashes.
Space Age Safety Technology
Now this is the most impressive of them all, the Mercedes S Class sense when the Car is going to meet with a crash using it 360 degree radar and braces for impact. It rolls up windows if they are down, inflates the seat cushions to protect occupants and lowers the steering to save the driver from chest injuries and lowers pedals to prevent foot injuries.
Now that’s some technology, all to save our lives when we loose control. Maybe if Diana was riding this S Class she would have been amongst us. So lets not crash it, for if you do the car will save you but repairing the high tech car will burn your pockets for technology doesn’t come cheap. The fully loaded Mercedes S500 with all the safety features retails at over $1,25,000!
Chevy Dealers Houston
Chevy Tahoe Houston
Automobiles Articles1. Things You Should Always Focus On While Buying A New Motorbike
Author: Levi Fysh
2. Thinking If You Should Buy An Electric Scooter? Here Are Some Pros!
Author: Hampry Gomes
3. Which Electric Vehicle Charger Should I Install At My House?
Author: Sam Korkees
4. The Importance Of Regular Car Servicing And Repairs
Author: Paul Zervos
5. Give Your Old Car The Fresh New Feeling With Tight Budget
Author: Samual Smith
6. Reasons That Your Vehicle May Need Auto Glass Replacement
Author: Wieslaw Biedrzycki
7. Total Station – Its Function And Applications!
8. How To Find Auto Repair Shops To Fit Your Needs
Author: Mark Josesh
9. How Much Does It Cost To Repair Car Headlights?
Author: Nathan Howard
10. Working With The Best Van Hire Service
Author: Gabriel Fulton
11. 5 Ways To Find Great Deals On Used Cars
12. Rejoice The Moment Of Experiencing Some Great Family Time On A Trip
Author: Masson Donnelly
13. Husky Floor Mats : The Best Darn Truck Mats Around
Author: Cass Cooper
14. Wrong Steps That Can Make Your Travel Budget Double
Author: Max Brier
15. What All Are Needed To Build A Harley Davidson Custom Cruiser At Your Home?
Author: Levi Fysh