ALL >> Business >> View Article
7 Steps On Budgeting For Software Development
Total Articles: 49
Listed below are steps that will help you make the right moves in the direction of precise software development budgeting:
1. Start with determining software scope.
When you know your organization needs some software, it is a must you know what kind of software is required and what the software should do at the minimum. Document all your needs that can be presented to a software development company or software consulting firm.
2. Estimate primary development cost.
After presenting the software scope document to your chosen software development organization, get a quote from them and take that as a baseline for your budget. This is an important step and the entire budget is based on the outcome of this step.
3. Remember to add hardware and setup cost.
For using most software, you will need computer or server setup and network connection sometimes, in your budget allocate required amount for hardware installation and or purchasing required inventory.
4. Make some space in your budget for future enhancements.
You may desire either modifications or extension, post software development; it is always advisable to include in future costs in your budget in order to avoid issues due to contingency.
5. Identify software maintenance and support outlay.
Software is just like a machine, it needs maintenance and even if you master your software, your provider is the one who designed it and thereby in case of queries about functionality they would be able to help you better. There is a good chance that you might not need to use this portion of the budget at all, but adding it to the budget would be a smart decision.
6. Include Software Personnel’s remuneration in your budget.
If your organization does not have skilled software professionals, you might have to hire some personnel. First ascertain with current software professional salaries, and then add accordingly to your budget depending on number of professionals you might hire.
7. Consider software learning and training costs.
Every software is different from another, even if your company has acquired skilled software professional, there is still a need to educate them about the software that is developed specially for your organization, if that is not done, your skilled professional might not be in a position to make the best use of that software. Add learning and training costs in your budget, a little investment here would ensure efficient use of the software in your organization.
By Unique Solutions of Advanced Technologies Inc
USATInc.com is the online presence of the company. They provide quality, reliable and cost effective IT Solutions that eliminate bottlenecks and frustration in running a business. USATInc.com is helping customers achieve success via custom software development, custom programming services, legacy applications management, IT consulting, and staff augmentation services. Their service offerings aimed to improve business operations, business efficiency and profitability.
Business Articles1. One Of The Best Kitchen Equipment Manufacturers
Author: Paul Wright
2. Advantages Of Getting Listed In Online Construction Directory
Author: John Smith
3. How Radiologist Email Lists From Healthcare Mailing Change Your Business Perception?
Author: Richard Braxon
4. Choose Yourself As A Yoga Teacher With The Help Of Adinath Ashram
Author: Jack Stevens
5. Best Service Provider For Life Time Events In Pune
Author: biz porto
6. Crimping Your Own Earrings
Author: Nitesh Pathak
7. An Overview Of Surface And Chemical Analysis
Author: Tan Sean
8. Prorack Roof-racks Install With Smart-foot Technology
Author: Tony Bulic
9. Siib: The Changing Face Of Business Education In India
Author: Mohan Kumar
10. Things To Know About Coworking Spaces
11. Things To Consider Before Opting For A Mailbox Rental
12. Different Types Of Advertisement Print Products
13. Advantages Of Hiring Professionals For Printing
14. Data Cabling Through Wire Mesh Cable Tray
Author: Noah Gabriel
15. Pretreatment And Grit Removal From Sewage Water To Repurpose It
Author: Manoj Shukla