ALL >> Business >> View Article
7 Steps On Budgeting For Software Development
Total Articles: 49
Listed below are steps that will help you make the right moves in the direction of precise software development budgeting:
1. Start with determining software scope.
When you know your organization needs some software, it is a must you know what kind of software is required and what the software should do at the minimum. Document all your needs that can be presented to a software development company or software consulting firm.
2. Estimate primary development cost.
After presenting the software scope document to your chosen software development organization, get a quote from them and take that as a baseline for your budget. This is an important step and the entire budget is based on the outcome of this step.
3. Remember to add hardware and setup cost.
For using most software, you will need computer or server setup and network connection sometimes, in your budget allocate required amount for hardware installation and or purchasing required inventory.
4. Make some space in your budget for future enhancements.
You may desire either modifications or extension, post software development; it is always advisable to include in future costs in your budget in order to avoid issues due to contingency.
5. Identify software maintenance and support outlay.
Software is just like a machine, it needs maintenance and even if you master your software, your provider is the one who designed it and thereby in case of queries about functionality they would be able to help you better. There is a good chance that you might not need to use this portion of the budget at all, but adding it to the budget would be a smart decision.
6. Include Software Personnel’s remuneration in your budget.
If your organization does not have skilled software professionals, you might have to hire some personnel. First ascertain with current software professional salaries, and then add accordingly to your budget depending on number of professionals you might hire.
7. Consider software learning and training costs.
Every software is different from another, even if your company has acquired skilled software professional, there is still a need to educate them about the software that is developed specially for your organization, if that is not done, your skilled professional might not be in a position to make the best use of that software. Add learning and training costs in your budget, a little investment here would ensure efficient use of the software in your organization.
By Unique Solutions of Advanced Technologies Inc
USATInc.com is the online presence of the company. They provide quality, reliable and cost effective IT Solutions that eliminate bottlenecks and frustration in running a business. USATInc.com is helping customers achieve success via custom software development, custom programming services, legacy applications management, IT consulting, and staff augmentation services. Their service offerings aimed to improve business operations, business efficiency and profitability.
Business Articles1. Five Things You Could Be Doing Wrong While Choosing Your Renovations Team
Author: Stephen Kavita
2. Add Value To Your Lancaster Home With The Right Renovations & Remodeling
Author: Cory Frank
3. Get The Most Out Of Family Counseling
Author: Cory Frank
4. The Case For Composite Decking
Author: Blue Star Carpentry
5. Motivation & Support
6. What Is A Leased Line And Its Advantages
Author: Ketan Shah
7. Carpet Cleaning And Flood Damage Repair
8. General Description About Bolts
Author: Harpreet Chhabra
9. Garage Door Service Irvine
10. Carpet Cleaning In Tustin
11. Colorado Garage Door Company
12. Hollywood Hills Carpet Cleaners
13. Custom Home Bars Make The Perfect Spot For Your Home Parties
Author: Larry Lynch
14. Overview On Benefits Of Telco Cost Saving To Benchmark Your Business
Author: Amber Brake
15. Corona Del Mar Carpet Cleaning