ALL >> Legal >> View Article
Hiring A Miami Personal Injury Attorney Following A Workplace Injury
Total Articles: 452
In 2007 alone in the US, almost 5,500 workers died as a result of job injuries, while 49,000 died from work-related injuries. It's also estimated at about four million Americans are injured every year in work-place injuries or illness.
If you've been hurt on the job, you were probably told that you can only receive compensation from the employer's workers' compensation insurance. While this is true in many cases, there are a lot of exceptions and you may be able to sue for damages with the help of an injury lawyer in Miami.
Examples of cases were you may sue include:
• Injuries from a toxic substance,
• Injuries from a defective product,
• Injuries caused by your employer's intentional or egregious behavior,,
• Your employer doesn't have workers' compensation insurance, or
• A third party caused the injury.
Unfortunately, workers' compensation usually provides very little permanent disability payments and temporary disability payments, and it won't even compensate for pain and suffering. It also fails to provide punitive damages to punish your employer in certain cases, which is why it's so important to consult with a Miami personal injury attorney if you've been hurt at work in Florida.
Third Party Cases
There are many workplaces that are more likely to result in third party claims for workers hurt on the job. This includes construction sites that employ different work crews, warehouse loading docks, employees driving for work purposes involved in a car accident and businesses that use industrial or manufacturing equipment that may be defective or improperly maintained.
The most common third party claims an injury lawyer in Miami handles are work-related car accidents on Florida's roads and construction site accidents. According to the US Department of Transportation, your employer is responsible for providing lighting, special devices, speed control, activity area planning, training and high-visibility apparel on roadside construction sites, but accidents are common. Construction projects are also very dangerous with a high risk for employees. Accidents may involve electrical fires, scaffolding, defective equipment and more.
It's important to consult with a Miami personal injury attorney if you've been injured in a work-related injury. You don't necessarily have to go through workers' compensation, despite what your employer may tell you, and you need someone to fight for your rights and help you get the compensation you deserve for pain and suffering and your recovery.
Help with a Workers' Compensation Claim
Keep in mind a personal injury lawyer in Miami who specializes in workers' compensation can also help you file a claim with workers' compensation to ensure fast approval and benefits. Workers' compensation claims must be filed quickly, but a great deal are denied initially. This means you should appeal with the help of an attorney, who will help you build the strongest case possible to get your claim approved. This means collecting new evidence, such as medical records and supporting evidence. Remember: if your employer's insurance company contacts you, refer them to your attorney and do not respond to requests. The company will also watch you in public, and may even record you.
For more information on Leighton Law and Personal Injury Lawyer Miami. Visit Today - http://www.leightonlaw.com/
Legal Articles1. Avail Houston Criminal Defense Attorneys Services To Safeguard Your Legal Interests
2. What Does A Car Accident Lawyer Do?
3. The Traffic Tickets Defense Lawyer Houston Can Save You From All Types Of Traffic Violations
4. Importance Of Hiring A Wrongful Death Lawyer
5. Setting Up Business In India
Author: knowledgentia Consultants
6. Choosing A Reputable Attorney To Represent You In Court
Author: Adam Clark
7. Know About Law Firms That Help In Accident Cases
Author: Adam Clark
8. Leading Criminal Defense Attorney Assistance
Author: Adam Clark
9. At What Point Should You Contact A Lawyer To Deal With Your Car Accident?
10. 5 Important Questions To Ask Your Car Accident Attorney In Arizona
11. Contact Personal Injury Lawyers Oklahoma For Best Compensation
12. How To Divorce Your Spouse -mutual Consent Divorce- Hindu Divorce Law
Author: Legal Resolved
13. Wrongful Death Lawyers: What To Expect In A Wrongful Death Lawsuit
14. How To Attract Clients And Boost Your Law Firm Business?
Author: John Ford
15. Importance Of Legal Documentation Company