ALL >> Legal >> View Article
Hiring A Miami Personal Injury Attorney Following A Workplace Injury
Total Articles: 452
In 2007 alone in the US, almost 5,500 workers died as a result of job injuries, while 49,000 died from work-related injuries. It's also estimated at about four million Americans are injured every year in work-place injuries or illness.
If you've been hurt on the job, you were probably told that you can only receive compensation from the employer's workers' compensation insurance. While this is true in many cases, there are a lot of exceptions and you may be able to sue for damages with the help of an injury lawyer in Miami.
Examples of cases were you may sue include:
• Injuries from a toxic substance,
• Injuries from a defective product,
• Injuries caused by your employer's intentional or egregious behavior,,
• Your employer doesn't have workers' compensation insurance, or
• A third party caused the injury.
Unfortunately, workers' compensation usually provides very little permanent disability payments and temporary disability payments, and it won't even compensate for pain and suffering. It also fails to provide punitive damages to punish your employer in certain cases, which is why it's so important to consult with a Miami personal injury attorney if you've been hurt at work in Florida.
Third Party Cases
There are many workplaces that are more likely to result in third party claims for workers hurt on the job. This includes construction sites that employ different work crews, warehouse loading docks, employees driving for work purposes involved in a car accident and businesses that use industrial or manufacturing equipment that may be defective or improperly maintained.
The most common third party claims an injury lawyer in Miami handles are work-related car accidents on Florida's roads and construction site accidents. According to the US Department of Transportation, your employer is responsible for providing lighting, special devices, speed control, activity area planning, training and high-visibility apparel on roadside construction sites, but accidents are common. Construction projects are also very dangerous with a high risk for employees. Accidents may involve electrical fires, scaffolding, defective equipment and more.
It's important to consult with a Miami personal injury attorney if you've been injured in a work-related injury. You don't necessarily have to go through workers' compensation, despite what your employer may tell you, and you need someone to fight for your rights and help you get the compensation you deserve for pain and suffering and your recovery.
Help with a Workers' Compensation Claim
Keep in mind a personal injury lawyer in Miami who specializes in workers' compensation can also help you file a claim with workers' compensation to ensure fast approval and benefits. Workers' compensation claims must be filed quickly, but a great deal are denied initially. This means you should appeal with the help of an attorney, who will help you build the strongest case possible to get your claim approved. This means collecting new evidence, such as medical records and supporting evidence. Remember: if your employer's insurance company contacts you, refer them to your attorney and do not respond to requests. The company will also watch you in public, and may even record you.
For more information on Leighton Law and Personal Injury Lawyer Miami. Visit Today - http://www.leightonlaw.com/
Legal Articles1. Bail Bond Facts
Author: Emily Stone
2. Why Immigration To Canada Is The Best Option?
Author: Radvision World
3. Six Steps To Attaining Compensation For Accident Injury In Toronto City
Author: Dasilva Legal
4. Know Need Of Living Trust Attorney California
Author: Leah Wilmot
5. The Houston Criminal Defense Attorneys Are The Best To Help You Against Any Criminal Charges
6. Risks And Rewards Of Buying Property In Dubai
Author: hHassan Elhais
7. Massachusetts Workers Compensation Lawyer – Knowledgeable Lawyers Get What You Need
Author: Tina smith
8. Nursing Home Abuse And Negligence – Who Is Responsible?
Author: Tyler Pillay
9. Basic Corporate Laws For Business In Dubai
Author: Hassan Elhais
10. Consult An Employment Lawyer For Issues Regarding Flexible Work hours
11. Employment Lawyers Perth
12. Dallas Personal Injuries Increased” – How About Mediation
Author: Ted Lyon
13. Guidebook For Parents In Fort Worth On Child Custody
Author: Kevin Clark
14. Seven Common Traffic Offences That May Bring You Ticket Or Fine In Toronto
Author: Neil Dasilva
15. Fort Worth’s Divorces Are Painful, But It Gets Adjusted Overtime