ALL >> Legal >> View Article
Hiring A Miami Personal Injury Attorney Following A Workplace Injury
Total Articles: 452
In 2007 alone in the US, almost 5,500 workers died as a result of job injuries, while 49,000 died from work-related injuries. It's also estimated at about four million Americans are injured every year in work-place injuries or illness.
If you've been hurt on the job, you were probably told that you can only receive compensation from the employer's workers' compensation insurance. While this is true in many cases, there are a lot of exceptions and you may be able to sue for damages with the help of an injury lawyer in Miami.
Examples of cases were you may sue include:
• Injuries from a toxic substance,
• Injuries from a defective product,
• Injuries caused by your employer's intentional or egregious behavior,,
• Your employer doesn't have workers' compensation insurance, or
• A third party caused the injury.
Unfortunately, workers' compensation usually provides very little permanent disability payments and temporary disability payments, and it won't even compensate for pain and suffering. It also fails to provide punitive damages to punish your employer in certain cases, which is why it's so important to consult with a Miami personal injury attorney if you've been hurt at work in Florida.
Third Party Cases
There are many workplaces that are more likely to result in third party claims for workers hurt on the job. This includes construction sites that employ different work crews, warehouse loading docks, employees driving for work purposes involved in a car accident and businesses that use industrial or manufacturing equipment that may be defective or improperly maintained.
The most common third party claims an injury lawyer in Miami handles are work-related car accidents on Florida's roads and construction site accidents. According to the US Department of Transportation, your employer is responsible for providing lighting, special devices, speed control, activity area planning, training and high-visibility apparel on roadside construction sites, but accidents are common. Construction projects are also very dangerous with a high risk for employees. Accidents may involve electrical fires, scaffolding, defective equipment and more.
It's important to consult with a Miami personal injury attorney if you've been injured in a work-related injury. You don't necessarily have to go through workers' compensation, despite what your employer may tell you, and you need someone to fight for your rights and help you get the compensation you deserve for pain and suffering and your recovery.
Help with a Workers' Compensation Claim
Keep in mind a personal injury lawyer in Miami who specializes in workers' compensation can also help you file a claim with workers' compensation to ensure fast approval and benefits. Workers' compensation claims must be filed quickly, but a great deal are denied initially. This means you should appeal with the help of an attorney, who will help you build the strongest case possible to get your claim approved. This means collecting new evidence, such as medical records and supporting evidence. Remember: if your employer's insurance company contacts you, refer them to your attorney and do not respond to requests. The company will also watch you in public, and may even record you.
For more information on Leighton Law and Personal Injury Lawyer Miami. Visit Today - http://www.leightonlaw.com/
Legal Articles1. Why Is It Important To Contact An Attorney In Phoenix?
2. Overview Of The Ins And Outs Of Settling A Car Accident Claim In Scottsdale
3. Seattle Insurance Lawyer To Settle Accident Claims
Author: Chris Thayer
4. Four Crucial Complications That Can Result Immediately After Ivc Filter Transplant
Author: Nick Feizy
5. Who Do I Sue After A Car Accident In Tucson?
6. Check Criminal Records
7. Knowing More About Forfeiture And Bail Bonds
Author: Emily Stone
8. What Does It Take To Hire A Car Accident Attorney
Author: ABetter UCBD
9. Requirements For Proving “inability To Present The Case” - Enforcement Of Foreign Awards
Author: S Ravi Shankar
10. Amazing Guide To Hire The Accident Attorney
Author: Chris Thayer
11. Can You Still Recover Damages - If You Were Not Wearing A Seatbelt
12. St Louis Missouri Divorce Lawyers Can Help You Rebuild Your Life
Author: kirk c stange
13. Some Secret Of Criminal Lawyers
Author: Lex Lords
14. Starting A Start Up Business
Author: IBS India
15. What Are The Steps Involved In Fssai Compliance & Registration Requirements?
Author: Jeeny Cruz