ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Honda Continues Drive-in Movie Theater Campaign
Total Articles: 5
Honda Drive-In Project was launched by the Honda Motor Company after Hollywood announced that it was shifting to the latest technology in projection. Due to the advancement in technology and associated advantages of digital projections, the leading entertainment industry was no longer going to distribute 35mm films. The move by Hollywood to stop the production of the 35mm film could affect the drive-in theaters adversely since these theaters solely depend on film projection.
Unlike common movie theaters, drives in theaters are unique in that people watch movies while still inside their cars. The unprecedented shift from the film projection to the digital projection could only translate to the closure of drive-in theaters across the country. The majority of the existing drive-in theaters cannot afford to migrate with Hollywood into the digital projection era. According to the website autoweek.com, a single digital projector can cost up to $ 75,000. Due to limited funds and decreased revenue, drive-in theaters risked closing their premises by the end of the year.
The Honda Drive-In Project was initiated by the Honda Motor Company to create awareness of the existing drive-in theaters and the risk of closure that many theaters were facing. The project intends to inform the public and the entertainment industry stake holders of the existing challenges facing drive-in theaters. Through the creation of public awareness and public education, the program is aimed at keeping the American culture of theaters alive. In addition to the awareness creation, the program is also urging people to aid the theaters through contributing to the project's fund. The Honda drive-in fund was set up to help buy and install digital projectors for the most online voted theaters.
Beside the public education, Honda pledged to donate digital projectors to selected drive-in theaters across the country. According to the program's website www.projectdrivein.com, fans are given a chance to vote the theaters they wish to be given the digital projectors. Honda was able to donate nine digital projectors to each most-voted theater during the project's initial donation.
The company also managed to integrate the campaign with the social media and mass media. Through the project's website www.projectdrivein.com, members of the public are able to make online pledges and further share this information to other social sites like Facebook and Twitter. The campaign also aimed at raising the decreased number of theater visitors through the production of a promotional video which emphasized the American culture of movie theaters.
The Honda Drive-In Project will help ensure the survival of the deep rooted American culture of visiting theaters. Apart from saving the theaters, this campaign has led to the preservation of lively hood for many families whose incomes were being generated from the theater business. The donation of digital projectors has further created job opportunities for technicians who will be employed to operate and maintain the theater systems. However, the utmost role of the project is still far from over. It is the objective of the project that all drive-in theaters in the United States be installed with digital projectors.
Livermore Honda is dedicated to serving all of your automotive needs. If you are searching for Honda dealers using the keywords Honda Tracy or new Honda Dealer, stop by to test drive the latest Honda models!
Automobiles Articles1. Recognizing The Real Value Of A Student Auto Loan
Author: jeffery reynold
2. Be A Pioneer In The Motorcycle Repairs Here's What You'll Need
Author: Levi Fysh
3. Rockman – The Leading Manufacturers Of Drive Chain Kits & Alloy Wheels For Two Wheelers
Author: Rockman Industries
4. The Most Effective Method To Become An Independent Tyre Dealer
Author: My Tyre Point
5. Atv Tyres
6. Destiny International Filtration - Oil Cleaning Machine Manufacturer In India
Author: priya singh
7. Wounded Warrior Project & Harley-davidson Surprise Los Angeles Veteran With New Bike As Part Of Miss
8. Vectra - The Heavy Construction & Earth Moving Equipment Manufacturing Companies In India & Europe
9. Think Long Term Before You Decide On Your Auto Loan Term
Author: Kaitlin Miller
10. Tips On Choosing The Best Car Breakers Services In Birmingham
Author: Denny Sour
11. Benefits Of Scrap Car Removal In Birmingham
Author: Alex Stewart
12. Black Car, Limousine Service And Airport Transportation West Palm Beach Fl
13. Matters To Look Upon While Looking For A Gear Manufacturer In India
Author: SONA BLW Precision Forgings Ltd.
14. Car Detailing Tips And Keep Your Car Exterior In A Superior Condition With Autofresh
Author: neel patel
15. Things To Know About The Availability Of Different Warranty Plans For Cars
Author: Ewan Thorpe