ALL >> Health >> View Article
Treating Varicose Veins The Ayurveda Way
Total Articles: 69
Varicose veins are inflated, puffy, bulged and distorted veins, which appear just under the skin’s surface. They are blue or dark purple in color that can emerge in any parts of our body. Generally, they are seen on the legs.
There are two kinds of varicose veins the superficial varicose veins and deep varicose veins. Both these varicose veins are painful. The superficial varicose stratum emerges just below the surface of the skin and is bounded by swamped capillaries, whereas deep varicose are located deep beneath the muscles and generally indiscernible. Superficial varicose looks horrible, but usually they are harmless, while deep varicose may have an effect on the deep venous system. Sometimes this is fatal because there is hundred percent chance of pulmonary embolism getting activated by blood clotting and the inflammation of the deep veins.
Varicose veins are inclined to be hereditary and it is more prominent as a person grows old. Women are at much higher risk when compared to men.
The main factor that causes varicose veins is genetics because it is seen that mostly those people gets affected, who have had someone in their family background suffering from this disease. The other general reason involves defective valves from the time of birth or congenitally defective valves, Thrombophlebitis, pregnancy, menopause, aging, obesity, leg injury, prolonged standing, crossing legs and abdominal straining. Furthermore, excessive physical work that increases the pressure on your legs or a sedentary life style.
Some of the exceptional reasons are incontinence and phlebitis obstruction, venous along with arteriovenous malformations.
The usual indications of varicose veins are:
• Tenderness and heavy legs, which gets worse at night or after prolonged physical activity.
• The dark blue veins are prominently visible.
• The skin turns brown at the ankles with swelling.
• The area around varicose veins gets dry and red with irritation.
• Sudden moves can cause cramps.
• Skin ulcer may occur at the ankles in more severe cases.
• The area starts bleeding, if a minor injury is caused and healing will take a long time.
• Fidgety leg condition may crop up.
• Irregular white scars can pop up at the ankles.
To treat varicose veins is common in allopathy, where patients are advised to stay away from heavy exercise, unnecessary standing, wearing elastic supports and raising your legs when you are sitting or sleeping. Surgery is the modern way of treating this illness.
Optionally, in ayurveda the bulging of veins is due to issues of srotus, which means arteries and veins. This ailment is called, ‘Srotavarodham’ in ayurvedic. Through Ayurveda, you can treat varicose veins permanently, but it is a slow process. Some of the herbs that are prescribed should be taken on time regularly.
Tips to treat varicose veins with the help of herbs
• Brahmi is the best ayurvedic remedy for flooded veins. Two to three teaspoon of Brahmi extract along with a pinch of Jasad Bhasma will show positive results.
• Garlic is also good for healing varicose veins. The protein supple is enhanced in the lower limbs that relieves blood clotting and regulates the blood circulation.
• Just like garlic, ginger also breaks down and dispenses the proteins in our body.
• Apply a mudpack on the distressed area at night.
• Apply fish oil on the affected parts.
Health Articles1. Nutritious Food - Some Smart And Healthy Foods To Stay Fit
Author: Vidya Jayaram
2. Best Hair Transplant In Odisha.
Author: Aesthetica Clinics
3. Using Ultrasound To Assess Male Organ Health
Author: John Dugan
4. Tips To Find A Top Quality Hospital For Your Maternal Care
Author: James Stevenson
5. 3 Organic Oils For Massage That Rejuvenates Your Soul!
Author: Bryan Loo
6. Choose The Right Mattress For Sound Sleep.
7. Dme Billing Software To Automate Your Dme Billing
8. Huge Quantity Of Mushroom Cultivation In Kolkata
Author: Kanchan Das
9. Things You Need To Know When Buying Water Ionizer
Author: Hydrate Global
10. What Things To Expect When Looking For Infertility Treatments
11. Benefits Of Psychotherapy Treatments
12. How To Handle Teen Anger Management At Home
13. Going Back To Stress Management Basics
14. Dealing With Anxiety Disorders - What Is Best For You?
15. Controlling Stress By Cultivating Top Management Tips