ALL >> Health >> View Article
Ayurveda For Panic Attack
Total Articles: 69
Ayurveda is a branch of medical treatment that uses herbs and other ingredients from the lap of nature to cure ailments. It has been in practice in ancient India and has recently gained popularity in the West. It is a self-healing process. It aims at a holistic treatment of the mind, as well as body and soul. Like the harmonious elemental existence in the Universe, it seeks to bring about harmony in the elements of the body. There are several herbs for anxiety and panic attacks available in ayurvedic medicine that reaps significant results.
Herbs like Ashwagandha, Brahmi and Chawanprash are extremely effective in curing panic attacks.
Ashwagandha also called the Indian Ginseng contains large amount of anti-oxidants, which tranquilizes the mind. One of the major reasons of panic attacks is stress. Regular intake of ashwagandha significantly helps reduce stress, brings about cerebral repair and enhances the memory of an individual
Brahmi or Bacopa monneiri is also one of the highly recommended herbs to cure panic attack. It is also effective in rejuvenating the mind and the body, repairing brain cells and improving one’s memory.
It is a mixture of a number of herbs and spices like cardamom, Gooseberry. (phyllanthus emlica), beechwood( Gmelina arborea), wood apple (aelele marmelos) and ashwagandha. Chawanprash brings about holistic improvement of the mind amd the body and is beneficial for the general health.
Other Ayurvedic treatments
Deep breathing is an effective ayurvedic treatment of panic attacks. It helps refocusing the mind. When one breathes properly, the brain receives the right quantity of oxygen to tranquilize one’s mind. Deep breathing depends on concentration, which redirects one’s thoughts from the attack of panic to the breathing.
Massage is yet another ayurvedic way of dealing with panic attacks. A body massage using sesame oil before going to bathe and another massage at night before going to sleep goes a long way to alleviate frequent panic attacks. The effect is enhanced if ginger powder and baking soda powder are mixed in the bathing water.
Taking tea is another recommended ayurvedic treatment of panic attack. Valeriene and Nutgrass are the two most recommended teas for panic attacks. However it should be ensured that the tea is completely devoid of caffeine, as caffeine acts as a stimulant and hampers the effect of the antidote.
Orange juice with a sprinkling of nutmeg and a spoon of honey is also an effective treatment.
Ayurvedic treatment of Anxiety
There are several ayurvedic herbs for anxiety alleviation like Aswagandha, Jatamansi (Musk Root), Brahmi, Shankhapushpi (Bindweed), fennel, lavender, Ginseng. Meditation, relaxation and calming specific pressure points across the body are immensely helpful to cure chronic anxiety.
There are many soothing drinks recommended by ayurvedic science to fight anxiety:
1. Almond milk with a little nutmeg, ginger and saffron.
2. Herbal tea containing valerian and nutgrass.
3. Orange juice with nutmeg, honey and ginger.
Bathing with a mixture of ginger powder and baking soda is also beneficial. A regular body massage with hot sesame oil twice a day is also highly recommended to control anxiety attacks.
Health Articles1. Set Up Your Romantic Mood With Essential Oil
2. Important Tips For Buying Essential Oils
3. Mistakes That You Should Avoid When Buying Essential Oil
4. Important Things To Remember When Planning To Buy Essential Oil
5. Where To Purchase A Good Quality Essential Oil?
6. Do You Know How To Use Essential Oil?
7. Buy Essential Oil For Weight Loss
8. Buy Quality Essential Oils For Your Soul, Body And Emotions
9. Where To Purchase Best Essential Oil
10. Essential Oil – A Best Natural Skincare
11. Fragrant Healing For Emotional Well Being
12. Learn The Secrets About Essential Oils
13. Fragrance Based Treatment Tips For Beginners
14. Manual For Evaluating The Aroma Of An Essential Oil
15. Step By Step Instructions To Perform A Skin Patch Test With Essential Oils