ALL >> Health >> View Article
Ayurveda For Panic Attack
Total Articles: 69
Ayurveda is a branch of medical treatment that uses herbs and other ingredients from the lap of nature to cure ailments. It has been in practice in ancient India and has recently gained popularity in the West. It is a self-healing process. It aims at a holistic treatment of the mind, as well as body and soul. Like the harmonious elemental existence in the Universe, it seeks to bring about harmony in the elements of the body. There are several herbs for anxiety and panic attacks available in ayurvedic medicine that reaps significant results.
Herbs like Ashwagandha, Brahmi and Chawanprash are extremely effective in curing panic attacks.
Ashwagandha also called the Indian Ginseng contains large amount of anti-oxidants, which tranquilizes the mind. One of the major reasons of panic attacks is stress. Regular intake of ashwagandha significantly helps reduce stress, brings about cerebral repair and enhances the memory of an individual
Brahmi or Bacopa monneiri is also one of the highly recommended herbs to cure panic attack. It is also effective in rejuvenating the mind and the body, repairing brain cells and improving one’s memory.
It is a mixture of a number of herbs and spices like cardamom, Gooseberry. (phyllanthus emlica), beechwood( Gmelina arborea), wood apple (aelele marmelos) and ashwagandha. Chawanprash brings about holistic improvement of the mind amd the body and is beneficial for the general health.
Other Ayurvedic treatments
Deep breathing is an effective ayurvedic treatment of panic attacks. It helps refocusing the mind. When one breathes properly, the brain receives the right quantity of oxygen to tranquilize one’s mind. Deep breathing depends on concentration, which redirects one’s thoughts from the attack of panic to the breathing.
Massage is yet another ayurvedic way of dealing with panic attacks. A body massage using sesame oil before going to bathe and another massage at night before going to sleep goes a long way to alleviate frequent panic attacks. The effect is enhanced if ginger powder and baking soda powder are mixed in the bathing water.
Taking tea is another recommended ayurvedic treatment of panic attack. Valeriene and Nutgrass are the two most recommended teas for panic attacks. However it should be ensured that the tea is completely devoid of caffeine, as caffeine acts as a stimulant and hampers the effect of the antidote.
Orange juice with a sprinkling of nutmeg and a spoon of honey is also an effective treatment.
Ayurvedic treatment of Anxiety
There are several ayurvedic herbs for anxiety alleviation like Aswagandha, Jatamansi (Musk Root), Brahmi, Shankhapushpi (Bindweed), fennel, lavender, Ginseng. Meditation, relaxation and calming specific pressure points across the body are immensely helpful to cure chronic anxiety.
There are many soothing drinks recommended by ayurvedic science to fight anxiety:
1. Almond milk with a little nutmeg, ginger and saffron.
2. Herbal tea containing valerian and nutgrass.
3. Orange juice with nutmeg, honey and ginger.
Bathing with a mixture of ginger powder and baking soda is also beneficial. A regular body massage with hot sesame oil twice a day is also highly recommended to control anxiety attacks.
Health Articles1. His Red Male Organ: Balanitis For Her
Author: John Dugan
2. Replacing A Meal With Vega Sports Protein Bar Chocolate Peanut Butter Can Increase Your Protein Cons
3. Signs Your Hair Needs A Protein Treatment
4. Choose A Pediatric Dental Care Treatment Services In Lancaster
Author: Greg Walters is the author of this article
5. Dental Implants Mexico | Dental Implants Cancun
Author: Michel starc
6. Indian Physician Columbus
7. Global Remote Patient Monitoring Devices Market
8. Clean Air Equipments Manufacturer And Supplier
Author: Airtech Equipment Pte Ltd
9. Concentrate More By Doing Yoga
Author: Owen Jones
10. Ritalin Can Be Usage For Exams Preparation
11. An Extensive Guide To Get The Best From Physiotherapy
12. Self-pleasuring Too Much: Is It Even Possible?
Author: John Dugan
13. Discover Top Four Advantages Of Using Stem Cell Therapy For Autism Treatment
Author: Autism Connect
14. Simple Tips To Get The Most Handsome Male Organ Around
Author: John Dugan
15. What Is Assisted Living Facilities?
Author: Assisted Living Facility