ALL >> Food,-Cooking-and-Drink >> View Article
Get Lost In The Unique Taste Of Civet Coffee
Total Articles: 6
There are many different types of rich coffees available in different parts of the world as compared to the one that we drink every day in our homes. One such rarest thing in the world known as Kopi Luwak or Civet Coffee. It is an expensive alternative just because of the fact that it is produced in lesser quantities only. The cost of this bean will reach nearly hundreds of dollars per pound frequently.
It is unique in the sense that the bean is harvested from the excretion of Asian palm civet, which is a rat-like animal. It is produced in the area called as Sumatra. The excreted beans that are in proper shape are collected, washed and they are dried and roasted at more than 4000F. When the bean reaches the stomach of the animal, after it consumes the fleshy portion of the fruit, it is exposed to enzymes that reduces the peptides and free amino acids, thereby giving it the aroma and lesser bitterness. Now, let us get into the history of this coffee:
It is basically produced in the Indonesian island of Sumatra, Java and Bali and the name Kopi Luwak are closely connected with its history. In the early 1700s, it is known that the Dutch established the plantations in their colonies that were located in the islands of Sumatra and Java. The local farmers are restricted from consuming the coffee that they have harvested just because of its high price mainly for exporting purposes. It is exported to Europe and the farmers engaged in the production process are well-aware of the fact that the droppings of the civet will have some undigested beans that should be cleaned, roasted and brewed. The farmers used these undigested beans and the information about this reached the owners of the farm lands and this also increased the demand and value of the local version as well.
Recently, several researches are being conducted as to how the bean reacts after getting into the body of civet in such a way that the same thing can be done externally without taking the bean from the excretion of the animal. Some farmers also cage this animal to produce this high yielding civet coffee beans. But, the University of Florida has found a method that does not involve the use of any animal at all.
You can procure this costlier beverage online these days from a reliable online seller.
This content is taken from http://www.amazines.com/article_detail.cfm/6108037?articleid=6108037
Get genuine Most expensive coffee beans only at Catsasscoffee.com. It is the world's Most expensive coffee for its incredibly delicious, subtle, lingering flavor and exceptional smoothness. To explore more, please Click Here.
Food, Cooking and Drink Articles1. What Kind Of Vegetables Do You Want Slice Instead Of Junk Foods?
Author: Emory Carucci
2. Exploring Special American Steak Dishes Is No Big Deal In London
Author: Mathew Gomes
3. Oklahoma City Roofing- Choose The Right Material For Your Roof
Author: Fred Lydick
4. Professional Toronto Food Delivery – Ordering Quick And Easy
Author: Oliver Shin
5. Pre Or Post Workout Meals Toronto – Getting Healthy Food Is No More Difficult
Author: Oliver Shin
6. Explore Santa Rosa Restaurants In Different Way
Author: Todd Hedrick
7. Benefits Of Dark Chocolate | Bakers Fun
Author: Bakers Fun
8. Find Out The Reputable Online Water Suppliers To Obtain Purified Water
9. Food Delivery Toronto Service Can Be Your Savior Sometimes
Author: Oliver Shin
10. Ready Made Meals, Home Delivered By Dineamic
11. There Is Still Time To Get In The Halloween Spirit!
Author: Chris Ingallina
12. 5 Top Drinks To Try This Winter If You Are In Uk
Author: Lily Alvin
13. Food Truck Catering – Finger Food Perth Can Make Your Guests Satisfied In A Unique Way
Author: Michael Wickham
14. Craft Brews Get The Most Attention
Author: Tod Henry
15. The Importance Of Hiring A Qualified Los Angeles Event Planner
Author: Daniel Chapman