ALL >> Fashion-Costume >> View Article
How Can You Keep Safe Your Beautiful Silk Sarees?
Total Articles: 93
It is a well known fact that sarees are the most indispensable component of the wardrobes of Indian women. As it is said that precious things should be cared for very diligently, the notion follows when it comes to keep safe the most prized possession, your expensive silks. They are as exclusive as expensive and are equally delicate, so always handle them with utmost care for an extended life when you buy silk sarees online. But here preserving them is not the job done; rather their sheen and sparkle should also remain intact. And this you would obviously expect without having a single stain on your gorgeous Indian silk sarees.
Silk is a fabric that asks to be pampered by you. Well, when you buy silk sarees online, an exquisite item of Indian ethnic wear, you must also ensure its complete care by following simple tips to keep safe your beautiful Indian silk sarees.
Storing Indian silk sarees properly:
When you buy silk sarees online, also remember wrapping them in a dry muslin cloth is largely helpful in prevention from humidity that is quite deteriorating for the luster of fabric and zari. Also change their folds rather regularly to refrain zari from damaging along a set fold.
Though dry cleaning is highly recommended for washing the delicate Indian silk sarees, you can also hand wash them by using a mild soap or shampoo. Avoid chlorine bleach and more preferably, avoid washing them frequently as it could damage their inherent shine and quality. Do not soak, brush, and bundle the silk sarees. To dry them up, roll in a dry towel and hang on a non metal or rather padded hanger.
Ironing techniques for Indian silk sarees:
Medium or low heat ironing is best for your silk sarees. It is better to damp the saree with little water and them steam iron it carefully. Different forms of silk have separate resistance to direct heat of iron. While china silk can be easily ironed, for the more delicate versions, place them between the wraps of a cotton cloth or newspaper and use relatively cool iron on them.
Getting rid of stains:
Staining can damage the fabric of saree and your image as well. In the event of staining, rush to your dry cleaners though there are some stains that can be removed at home itself. But before actually doing so, it is advisable to check the saree for color fastness every time you buy silk sarees online. Oil, ghee, or any other grease stain can be removed by dabbing the talc on affected area and then washing in hot water appropriate for the silk. For nail polish, rubbing acetone does the job while for darker stains; laundry is the most suitable option.
This article written and posted by a fashion designer who working with kalkifashion.com and gives more information how to wear silk sarees.
Fashion/Costume Articles1. Be A Show Stopper With Michael Kors Bags!
2. 5 T-shirt Designs That Will Never Go Out Of Fashion
Author: Maulik Shah
3. What Are The Benefits Of Buying African Fabrics?
Author: Anil kumar
4. What Is The Perfect Business Attire For Women?
5. How To Look More Confident In Your Business Attire?
6. What Kind Of Skirt Suits Is Mostly Appropriate In Offices?
7. Luminox Land Sentry 0200 Series Swiss Quartz 100m Xl.0201.bo Men's Watch| When Hands-free Timekeepin
Author: Jasson C
8. Find Beautiful Designer Jackets For Womens Online
9. Factors To Consider When Buying High Heels
Author: Sam u
10. Bridesmaid Dresses - Get Your Bridesmaids Shine On Your Wedding Day
11. We Wanted To Create Something The Kids Wanted To Wear And Look Really Smart In
Author: nilesh Thakkar
12. The Useful Way To Choose Affordable Ball Gown Wedding Dress
13. Finding Uk Plus Size Swimwear Quickly And Easily
14. Why Diamond Jewelry Is The Best For Every Occasion
Author: Archana Pandit
15. All Kinds Of Occasion Dresses
Author: Ariel Udress.co.nz