ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Led Emergency Flashlights- The Right Equipment For A Car Emergency
Total Articles: 399
The news reported this past year on several families and adventurers setting out for a camping or hiking trip in the northwest only to find themselves lost in the strange wilderness, confined to their cars waiting and hoping that someone will find them. The loss of CNETs James Kim brought awareness to the ease at which people can get lost while driving through the forest as well as the need to be prepared for any situation when driving in unfamiliar areas.
It is important to have a few basic emergency supplies in your car as part of an emergency kit. Cell phones are by far the most helpful piece of equipment to have with you when you travel, even if going to remote areas. But cell phone batteries are unreliable and many still don’t take one with them when heading into the great outdoors. Having other supplies with you in the car can make all the difference in staying alive and staying safe.
There are many commercial and basic emergency kits available. Most of these preset packs include jumper cables, reflectors and some miscellaneous tools. Higher end models may also include some type of emergency air pump that you can plug into your car’s power outlet and pump air into a flat tire. Some also come with first aid kits.
Weather and climate in your area or the area you are traveling may help guide you with putting together other items you may need in your emergency kit. A shovel can come in very handy to get your car out of snow or mud. Some traction substance is also important for such situations. Kitty litter is one of the most popular types of traction. You may also be able to carry some remnant carpet strips or sand.
One very important component of a car or trucks emergency kit is a light source. While a decent flashlight might be included in the kit you bought, you might want to look at investing in a longer-lasting, more reliable light. LED flashlights are known for being the best light source for emergency situations. LED lights come in various sizes and features, including emergency beacons and flashing lights. If you have room a LED headlamp may be a good addition for hands-free light should you need to change a tire or signal for help.
Preserving battery power in your car is pretty important. Some people may want to add a spare radio to their kit. There are radios on the market that do not take batteries. Instead you crank a handle on the side to charge it. A good quality blanket is going to be very important in extremely cold weather because it is unwise to keep the car running while you wait for help. Also include a small supply of food and water.
No one expects to be caught in an emergency situation while traveling. Being prepared none the less is important to you and your families safety. Before going on your next family camping trip, hiking adventure or trip to see the relatives, put together an emergency kit with the items described above. Consider your specific travel situation and potential needs and add accordingly. This important item could make all the difference.
~ Ben Anton, 2008
Automobiles Articles1. Give Your Vehicle The Extra Mileage It Seeks
Author: James Elston
2. Lessons That Will Teach You All You Need To Know About Certified Driving School In Chadstone
Author: Mark Watson
3. Reasons Auto Carwash In Kingston Is Sweeter Than Christmas Morning
Author: Rhys Gibson
4. Sell The Old Car & Purchase A Brand New One On Vehicle Part Exchange
Author: Ewan Thorpe
5. The Simplest Ways To Make The Best Of Harley Davidson Fabric Brisbane
Author: Levi Fysh
6. Get A Valid And Authenticated International Driving License Oman
Author: Mr. Vince Joe
7. Stevens 112 Ford Has Received The Prestigious President's Award Courtesy Of Ford Motor Company!
8. Car Dealer Selling New Cars At Reasonable Price
9. Best Online Shop For Genuine Auto Spare Parts In Dubai, Uae
10. Most Common Vehicle Registration And Titling Issues
Author: ABA Auto Registration
11. Creating A Magnificent Experience Of Luxury Riding-db Luxury Cars
12. How To Choose Best Auto Repair Gainesville?
Author: Berrisford Smith
13. Here’s The Rundown Of The Supportive Points To Keep Your Car In Good Working Condition
Author: My Tyre Point
14. Driving Experience With Rentarace
15. Useful Traveling Tips For Those Who Wish To Visit Auto Carwash In Sutton Area
Author: Rhys Gibson