ALL Ľ Business >> View Article
Three Pillars Of Effective Product PackagingBy Expert Author: mary wilson
The manufacturing world has never been as competitive as ever. Almost every day, new products and brands are released into the market, and survival is simply impossible when the wrong marketing techniques are used. When it comes to retail products, experts agree that packaging plays a critical part. Indeed, thereís no denying that an attractive-looking item at a grocery shelf is going to catch peopleís eyes first. Getting the attention of consumers, after all, is always first thing any marketer must do, and the rest will simply follow.
Design and Functionality
In terms of attracting peopleís attention, design must be at the forefront of every strategy. For example, colors must be attractive and logos must be catchy. The overall design must also be attuned with the target market. This is called demographic positioning. A candy wrapper, for example, must be designed with kids in mind, children being the main market of sweets. Of course, it wonít just be about how a product looks. The packaging must also be functional. Cheese spread in a tube, for instance, must be easy to squeeze out. In the process of creating blister pack packaging for drugs, the right vacuum molding techniques must be employed.
Truth and Honesty
Effective packaging will include only true information about the product. Making false promises will make customers feel cheated, and this can be very damaging to a brand. For example, if a can of corned beef says Australian beef was used, this better be true or the brand will probably not survive the competition it gets from more honest manufacturers. If a detergentís packaging says it can remove old stains on fabrics, it better keep its promise or again, commercial disaster could be imminent. Itís important to choose words carefully. Needless to say, itís crucial that consumersí expectations based on manufacturer claims are met.
The physical quality of packaging in materials is very important as well. Letís go back to the drug example. As everyone knows, drugs are made of chemicals which can react with the air and other environmental elements when exposed. Therefore, blister pack packaging for medicines must be of high quality, in that it is able to serve its purpose of preserving the efficacy of the drugs for a sustained period. For deli products, another example, the right vacuum molding techniques must be used to prevent undue spoilage due to proliferation of bacteria inside the packaging. These are very simple examples that tell us why the physical quality of any type of packaging is critical.
Business Articles1. Asphalt Driveway Repairs In Long Island Ė How To Go For It?
Author: Joshua Young
2. Why Social Videos Matters For Video Ad Networks
3. Meet The New York Fashionable Clothes Design Partner
4. High Quality Fashion Merchandising Site In New York.
5. Top Notch Designing Services In New York
6. Meet The Fashion Designing Experts Of New York
7. The Most Reliable Custom Embroidery Partner In Ny
8. Quality Automobile Locksmith Service Is All You Need
9. Keep Your Family And Business Safe With Lock Smith
10. Emergency Locksmith Services Are Readily Available
11. Discover Guaranteed Locksmith Services Today
12. Do Away With Crime For Good Effortlessly
13. Itís True! Global Payroll Outsourcing Has Become Important
Author: Sandra Lee
14. Top 7 Factors To Consider While Choosing Amongst The Best Contemporary And Business Hotels In Delhi
Author: Satya Svelte
15. Translate For A New Atlas
Author: Shreya Gupta