ALL » Business >> View Article
Preventing Frozen Pipes And BurstingBy Expert Author: Alameda Mrdrain
If the pipes are not being exhibited in open, they still can get frozen in winter. The small spaces between the walls of pipe system get cold, led to freezing pipes and burst for water leaks.
There are some steps you can take beforehand to minimize the possibility of frozen pipes. Pipes may be insulated with foam rubber sleeves or fiberglass insulation. The pipes which run through unheated areas may also be enclosed with special heat strips before being isolated. Rather than providing passive protection, these strips use electricity to provide heat to potential trouble areas. Do not fall into the trap of believing that your hot water lines can't freeze, they can. Insulate both cold and hot water pipes. Heat tape or thermostatically controlled heat cables can be used to wrap pipes. Closely follow all manufacturers' installation and operation instructions.
Seal leaks that allow cold air inside near where pipes are located. Look for air leaks around electrical wiring, dryer vents, and pipes, and use caulk or insulation to keep the cold out. With severe cold, even a tiny opening can let in enough cold air to cause a pipe to freeze. Before winter hits, disconnect garden hoses and, if possible, use an indoor valve to shut off and drain water from pipes leading to outside faucets. This reduces the chance of freezing in the short span of pipe just inside the house. Check around the home for other areas where water supply lines are placed in unheated areas. Look in the basement, crawl space, attic, garage, and under kitchen and bathroom cabinets. Both hot and cold water pipes in these areas should be insulated.
Making Emergency Repairs
It may be necessary to create a temporary emergency repair. Maybe a pipe has frozen and burst, you are at home without water and the roads are expected to be close for days. These situations call for a moment of ingenuity. While the location may not be pretty or complete, sometimes anything is better than nothing.
A piece of inner tube and some hose clamps would suffice to slow a leak until a permanent fix could be fixed. Simply enclose the pipe with the piece of rubber and clamp it in place. A piece of garden hose or radiator hose and some hose clamps may work as well. If the repair leaks a little, at least there is less chance that the pipes will freeze again before you can get them permanently fixed.
Freezing and bursting pipes can cause a chaos, especially in wintertime. If you do not want to visit your house floor wet with cold water due to the burst pipes or improper supply of water, you should take steps at the time of such emergency.
Business Articles1. Asphalt Driveway Repairs In Long Island – How To Go For It?
Author: Joshua Young
2. Why Social Videos Matters For Video Ad Networks
3. Meet The New York Fashionable Clothes Design Partner
4. High Quality Fashion Merchandising Site In New York.
5. Top Notch Designing Services In New York
6. Meet The Fashion Designing Experts Of New York
7. The Most Reliable Custom Embroidery Partner In Ny
8. Quality Automobile Locksmith Service Is All You Need
9. Keep Your Family And Business Safe With Lock Smith
10. Emergency Locksmith Services Are Readily Available
11. Discover Guaranteed Locksmith Services Today
12. Do Away With Crime For Good Effortlessly
13. It’s True! Global Payroll Outsourcing Has Become Important
Author: Sandra Lee
14. Top 7 Factors To Consider While Choosing Amongst The Best Contemporary And Business Hotels In Delhi
Author: Satya Svelte
15. Translate For A New Atlas
Author: Shreya Gupta