ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Designing Your Spare Outdoor Area
Total Articles: 1
Have you been trying to make a mess out of the lovely outdoor area that you own? Whether it is a pool, a porch, a patio, or even a garden home office, make proper use of the area so that you could take advantage of the summers and show off your stunning outdoor space. To do this well, you need to carefully plan out what your requirements are. Just like you would do with any indoor space, an outdoor area needs the same attention in terms of aesthetics such as colour harmony, architectural style, comfortable traffic flow, and other space requirements. Some special challenges that outdoor designing comes with are things like privacy and shelter from natural elements.
Depending on your property size and the activities you want to accommodate, the size and layout of your outdoor space will have to be determined. Garden rooms UK may be small and cosy or large and spacious. Accordingly, you can create sections for different activities – for example, glass garden rooms for growing plants, an area for cooking, relaxation, conversation and sun bathing. In doing so, you need to ensure that there is enough space for people to walk around between these sectional areas. In addition to that, designing you outdoor room requires you to take into consideration extreme rain, wind and temperature conditions.
Keep in mind a few out-of-the box ideas such as using decorative concrete. The colours and patterns that are possible with this concept are many. Bring down the options by coming up with a scheme that goes with the landscape of your home and also harmonizes with the interior of your rooms. A conversation area can be created overlooking flowerbeds to give it a soothing and attractive scenery. As for privacy, obviously an outdoor room will not have walls. You could install a fence or some landscaping plants to separate you from your neighbours. To complement the exterior walls of your home, you could have a screening wall with a stone or brick pattern surrounding the area. Also keep in mind the convenience of accessing the area. In case you want to have a garden party, the area should be easily accessible from the house and should preferably be placed close to the kitchen so that all food preparation facilities are close by. Access to power and water is another important must have factor.
If you are not too familiar with designing your own outdoor space, work with a landscape architect and a creative concrete contractor to plan your outdoor room to fit your budget, aesthetic and functional needs.
For more information visit us at:- http://www.boothsgardenstudios.co.uk/
Home and Garden Articles1. When Should You Consider Hiring A Property Management Service?
Author: Simply Property Management
2. 3 Reasons Why A Dishwasher As A Appliance Is Better Than Hand-washing
Author: Jackson Wood
3. Decorative Concrete Is Really Useful In Home Adornment
Author: Anu Walia
4. Minka Aire Fans – An Ideal Solution For Maximizing Comfort
Author: Bryson Kaleb
5. Exceptional Features Of Decorative Concrete Flooring
Author: Anu Walia
6. Something Wicked This Way Comes
Author: Lauren Kyes
7. Can Shower Replacement Improve The Look Of Your Bathroom?
8. Walk In Tubs: Soak In The Feeling Of True Relaxation
9. How To Make Your Move ‘green’ While Saving Money
Author: James Draper
10. How To Plan Your Home Renovation Process
Author: James Kyle
11. Great Tips For Improving The Lawn With Lawn Mowing Services
Author: Phil Maunder
12. Add A Value To Your Property By Installing Louvre Shutter
Author: Joseph Zammit
13. How To Care For Interior And Exterior Concrete Floors
Author: Mark Moore
14. How Much Does Professional Asbestos Popcorn Removal Cost?
Author: Jacob Ethan
15. Transform Your House With Remodeling Services In Denver
Author: John Cooper