ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Benefits Of Online Travel Connections
Total Articles: 468
After you have thoroughly researched cheap travel options, such as cheap airplane tickets, discount hotel rooms, and cheap vacation packages you should check out a few travel social websites, especially if you will be traveling solo, to save money, stay safe, and enjoy more authentic cultural experiences.
Some of the bigger travel social websites are Couchsurfing, Airbnb, and Planely.
The following are a few relatively new travel social websites identified by the New York Times that work to make touring a city full of strangers a little more friendly and less costly:
• Easynest is a website that helps travelers be able to afford nicer hotels by matching up like minded people that can split the cost of a room. People join Easynest by signing up via their Facebook accounts and creating a profile that describes them.
Users can view hotels where others want to stay or post hotels where they want to stay and wait for others to contact them. Consider Skyping a few times before agreeing to check into a hotel together. There is no insurance if you book a room together and the person who was supposed to share it cancels or refuses to pay.
• Friends of Friends Travel is a social network for travelers between the ages of 18 and 35. Here members share accommodations, luggage lockers, travel tips, or just a drink in a foreign city. The goal is for travelers to meet new people, save money, and enjoy a more intimate city experience. This site encourages you to limit your connections to friends and friends of friends, thereby getting the best of both worlds: the reliability of friends, and the excitement of meeting someone new.
Friends of Friends Travel places a map of the world on each member’s dashboard allowing them to easily see the location of everyone in their network.
• Graph Search is a new tool from Facebook that allows people to sort all of their Facebook friends by country. Graph search enables users to find friends and friends of friends who share the share interests.
• Tint.travel is a Facebook app that uses Facebook to connect friends of friends and helps them find someone to host them in a foreign city, show them around, or share a meal.
• Voulez Vous Diner has a website that encourages people around the world to cook meals in their apartments and houses for travelers who prefer to pay for a home cooked meal with a local resident than eat at a restaurant every night. The cost of the meal is set by the host and shown on the dinner’s presentation page.
Travel Articles1. Top Things To Know About A Luxury Bahamas Yacht Wedding
Author: Alvin Strachan
2. Embrace The Romance With Lax Limo Car Service
Author: Dylan MITCHELL
3. Thailand Travel Tours Guide The Most Wonderful Places To Visit In Thailand
Author: Thailand Tour Packages
4. Enjoy Dubai Shopping Tours
Author: Dubai Shopping Tours
5. Including All Loved Ones With A Bachelor Party In Dc Via Dc Charter Bus
Author: David WILSON
6. 5 Destinations For Day Trips From Ho Chi Minh City
Author: Le Xuan Son
7. 4 Relaxing Activities That You Must Do On Your Grand Cayman Tour
Author: Michael Leacock
8. Best Fujairah Tours Services
9. Budget Annapurna Base Camp Trek - Best For Budget Travelers
Author: Info Nepal Trekking
10. Witness Enchanting Surroundings With Cheap Holidays To Hurghada
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe
11. Acquire Legal Child Adoption Service In Nepal
12. How To Choose Your Vintage Wedding Car Hire In Dublin Smartly!
Author: Padraic O Reilly
13. How Do You Prepare For Cape Town Cycle Tour?
Author: Daily Scandinavian
14. 6 Tips For Discovering The Charisma Of Popular Nz Tour Attractions
Author: Damien McConnell
15. Enjoy The Classic Mera Peak Climbing With Your Friends And Family