ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Benefits Of Online Travel Connections
Total Articles: 468
After you have thoroughly researched cheap travel options, such as cheap airplane tickets, discount hotel rooms, and cheap vacation packages you should check out a few travel social websites, especially if you will be traveling solo, to save money, stay safe, and enjoy more authentic cultural experiences.
Some of the bigger travel social websites are Couchsurfing, Airbnb, and Planely.
The following are a few relatively new travel social websites identified by the New York Times that work to make touring a city full of strangers a little more friendly and less costly:
• Easynest is a website that helps travelers be able to afford nicer hotels by matching up like minded people that can split the cost of a room. People join Easynest by signing up via their Facebook accounts and creating a profile that describes them.
Users can view hotels where others want to stay or post hotels where they want to stay and wait for others to contact them. Consider Skyping a few times before agreeing to check into a hotel together. There is no insurance if you book a room together and the person who was supposed to share it cancels or refuses to pay.
• Friends of Friends Travel is a social network for travelers between the ages of 18 and 35. Here members share accommodations, luggage lockers, travel tips, or just a drink in a foreign city. The goal is for travelers to meet new people, save money, and enjoy a more intimate city experience. This site encourages you to limit your connections to friends and friends of friends, thereby getting the best of both worlds: the reliability of friends, and the excitement of meeting someone new.
Friends of Friends Travel places a map of the world on each member’s dashboard allowing them to easily see the location of everyone in their network.
• Graph Search is a new tool from Facebook that allows people to sort all of their Facebook friends by country. Graph search enables users to find friends and friends of friends who share the share interests.
• Tint.travel is a Facebook app that uses Facebook to connect friends of friends and helps them find someone to host them in a foreign city, show them around, or share a meal.
• Voulez Vous Diner has a website that encourages people around the world to cook meals in their apartments and houses for travelers who prefer to pay for a home cooked meal with a local resident than eat at a restaurant every night. The cost of the meal is set by the host and shown on the dinner’s presentation page.
Travel Articles1. Explore 5 Beautiful Lakes In Ooty Apart From Ooty Lake
2. The Best Offering Package For The Holy Tour Of Chardham Yatra This Coming September
Author: Char Dham Yatra
3. Different Rides For Prom In Chicago From A Charter Coach Bus Rental Company
4. Let Loose In Los Angeles With Bus Tours
Author: Hire Charter Bus
5. Natural Meets History Of The Kruger National Park
6. Five Free Things To Do In Key West
Author: Dale Dunlop
7. Destination Key West: Popular Attractions
Author: Dale Dunlop
8. Cycling Tours In The French Alps
Author: David Luther
9. Top Trekking & Hiking Trails In Nepal
Author: Mountain Hawk Trekking
10. Mardi Himal Trek - Best Alternative To Annapurna Base Camp Trek
Author: Himalaya Trekking Team
11. Three Exquisite Yet Cultural Cities Of Peshawar That You May Never Want To Leave
Author: Flights Masters
12. Rent The Driver’s Place; Enjoy With Family And Kids On Your Trips
Author: Robert Anhouse
13. Dmz Taxi Tour – Driver Guide Tour Can Make The Dmz Tour A More Planned One!
Author: Brian Lee
14. The Car Rental Dubai Agency Is Your One Stop Shop To Hire The Best Car Of Your Choice
15. Areas Of Cuba
Author: Stephen David