ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Get The Most Out Of Your Gas Dollars
Total Articles: 468
If planning an affordable trip through the careful review of cheap travel options, such as cheap airplane tickets, cheap auto rentals, and cheap vacation packages is important to you, then you should make yourself aware how to lower the cost of gas on a trip.
Whether you will be driving to your destination from home, or simply picking up a car rental when deplaning, there are simple steps you can take to increase your car’s fuel efficiency by as much as 40 percent and decrease your cost of gas by 20 cents or more per gallon. The following are tips on how to achieve such savings:
• Properly inflated tires improve gas mileage by over 3 percent. Studies have found that only 17 percent of cars have all four tires at the proper pressure. To find out your tires optimal pressure, look at your car’s door jamb or in the owner’s manual.
• Pack light. An additional 100 pounds in your car can reduce the miles per gallon by as much as 2 percent.
• Do not use a roof rack since a loaded roof rack adds drag, decreasing fuel economy by as much as 5 percent.
• Drive efficiently. For every five mph over 50 mph that you gain in speed, you lose fuel efficiency. Driving at 55 mph results in you paying 25 cents more per gallon, while driving at 65 mph is equivalent to adding 75 cents to the cost of each gallon of gas.
• Rapid accelerations and quick stops as well as speeding can decrease gas mileage by 33 percent on the highway and 5 percent in town. You will save fuel by coasting to stops and pressing gently on the gas pedal when accelerating.
• There are a variety of gas apps, including GasBuddy and Fuel Finder, which will display gas prices at stations nearby.
• Look into using reward points to lower your gas costs. Many grocery stores award customers points that can be redeemed for lower gas prices based on how much is purchased in their stores. Discounts range as high as $1 off per gallon.
• Select centrally located lodging. Instead of staying in the suburbs when visiting a city, pick a downtown hotel close to the majority of the attractions that you want to see. Then leave your car parked and walk or take public transportation.
• Consolidate errands so that you do not have to make as many trips in your car.
• Take into account fuel efficiency when deciding which car to rent.
Travel Articles1. Thrilling And Satisfying Wedding Road Trip Charter Bus Service Through Austin
2. Glamorize Transport For Wedding Guests With Dulles Airport Car Service
Author: Dulles Limo Service
3. Visit Bangpra International Golf Club Course Under Asian Golf Trips
Author: David Patrick
4. Best Family Cottages In Ooty
5. Achieve Wedding Transportation In Dc Impressively
Author: Saied Luliah
6. A Complete Guide To Bed And Breakfasts In Seldovia
7. Protect Your Wedding Day By Booking Cheap Limo Service
Author: Cheap Limo Service DC
8. Guide To Sardar Garh Heritage Hotel
Author: Sardargarh Heritage Hotel
9. Malta Tourist Visa For Indian Citizens
Author: svs visa services
10. The Mysterious Cambodia
Author: The mysterious Cambodia
11. Low-key, Romantic Wedding Plans With Cheap Car Service In Houston
Author: Cheap Car Service Houston
12. Make The Most Of Your Trip By Exploring Resorts Near Gurgaon For Weekends.
Author: Aravali Resorts
13. Weddings Require Suitable And Appropriate Limo Service In Dc
Author: Dc Limousine Service
14. Safaris In Tanzania
Author: Joseph Reeves
15. Arrange Easy Wedding Plans With A Competent San Diego Car Service
Author: San Diego Car Service