ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Get The Most Out Of Your Gas Dollars
Total Articles: 468
If planning an affordable trip through the careful review of cheap travel options, such as cheap airplane tickets, cheap auto rentals, and cheap vacation packages is important to you, then you should make yourself aware how to lower the cost of gas on a trip.
Whether you will be driving to your destination from home, or simply picking up a car rental when deplaning, there are simple steps you can take to increase your car’s fuel efficiency by as much as 40 percent and decrease your cost of gas by 20 cents or more per gallon. The following are tips on how to achieve such savings:
• Properly inflated tires improve gas mileage by over 3 percent. Studies have found that only 17 percent of cars have all four tires at the proper pressure. To find out your tires optimal pressure, look at your car’s door jamb or in the owner’s manual.
• Pack light. An additional 100 pounds in your car can reduce the miles per gallon by as much as 2 percent.
• Do not use a roof rack since a loaded roof rack adds drag, decreasing fuel economy by as much as 5 percent.
• Drive efficiently. For every five mph over 50 mph that you gain in speed, you lose fuel efficiency. Driving at 55 mph results in you paying 25 cents more per gallon, while driving at 65 mph is equivalent to adding 75 cents to the cost of each gallon of gas.
• Rapid accelerations and quick stops as well as speeding can decrease gas mileage by 33 percent on the highway and 5 percent in town. You will save fuel by coasting to stops and pressing gently on the gas pedal when accelerating.
• There are a variety of gas apps, including GasBuddy and Fuel Finder, which will display gas prices at stations nearby.
• Look into using reward points to lower your gas costs. Many grocery stores award customers points that can be redeemed for lower gas prices based on how much is purchased in their stores. Discounts range as high as $1 off per gallon.
• Select centrally located lodging. Instead of staying in the suburbs when visiting a city, pick a downtown hotel close to the majority of the attractions that you want to see. Then leave your car parked and walk or take public transportation.
• Consolidate errands so that you do not have to make as many trips in your car.
• Take into account fuel efficiency when deciding which car to rent.
Travel Articles1. Explore 5 Beautiful Lakes In Ooty Apart From Ooty Lake
2. The Best Offering Package For The Holy Tour Of Chardham Yatra This Coming September
Author: Char Dham Yatra
3. Different Rides For Prom In Chicago From A Charter Coach Bus Rental Company
4. Let Loose In Los Angeles With Bus Tours
Author: Hire Charter Bus
5. Natural Meets History Of The Kruger National Park
6. Five Free Things To Do In Key West
Author: Dale Dunlop
7. Destination Key West: Popular Attractions
Author: Dale Dunlop
8. Cycling Tours In The French Alps
Author: David Luther
9. Top Trekking & Hiking Trails In Nepal
Author: Mountain Hawk Trekking
10. Mardi Himal Trek - Best Alternative To Annapurna Base Camp Trek
Author: Himalaya Trekking Team
11. Three Exquisite Yet Cultural Cities Of Peshawar That You May Never Want To Leave
Author: Flights Masters
12. Rent The Driver’s Place; Enjoy With Family And Kids On Your Trips
Author: Robert Anhouse
13. Dmz Taxi Tour – Driver Guide Tour Can Make The Dmz Tour A More Planned One!
Author: Brian Lee
14. The Car Rental Dubai Agency Is Your One Stop Shop To Hire The Best Car Of Your Choice
15. Areas Of Cuba
Author: Stephen David