ALL >> Health >> View Article
Colorado Dental Implant Experts Discuss The 12 Most Common Mouth Problems, Part2By Expert Author: Aaron Matthews
Welcome back to our three-part article series on the 12 most common oral ailments, conditions and diseases. In our previous article post, the first installment of the series, Colorado Springs dental implants specialists explained the following four problems to us:
1. Cold sores or fever blisters
2. Oral thrush
3. Black hairy tongue
4. Canker sores or apthuous ulcers
We still have another 8 to go, so let’s jump right in!
5. Top Oral Problems: Leukoplakia
Leukoplakia is a whitish patch or plaque that forms in the mouth and can be scraped off. It generally forms in reaction to an irritation, such as tobacco (smoked or smokeless), alcohol, rough teeth or dentures that don’t fit well. These patches are completely painless and can be treated by removing the cause of irritation. Having said that, persistent leukoplakia can be a sign of cancer, so you should see your Pueblo dentist CO for a proper diagnosis if you present with this problem.
6. Top Oral Problems: Oral Cancer
“Oral cancer is a major problem that, if not diagnosed and treated in its early stages, can be fatal,” warn Colorado Springs dental implants specialists. “It appears as a persistent mouth sore that doesn’t heal. Patients may also experience strange and unexplained numbness in the neck, mouth or face. The causes of oral cancer include a family history, smoking and chewing tobacco, repeated exposure to the sun and excessive drinking. Recent medical research has linked oral cancer with HPV (human papillomavirus), so make sure you see your dentist for regular preventative check-ups!”
7. Top Oral Problems: Temporomandibular Joint Disorders (TMJ)
TMJ disorders are characterized by a disharmony between the articulating joint in the jawbone and the intra-articular disk and surrounding muscles. This can result in stiffness of the joint, inflammation and painful facial muscles. “TMJ can cause acute discomfort for patients,” says the Pueblo dentist CO. “It’s usually associated with teeth grinding, jaw clenching or trauma received to the head, neck or face. It can be very painful and the pain associated with this condition can refer to the head and neck, causing terrible headaches that can leave patients dizzy and nauseous. Extreme cases of TMJ may require surgery, but generally, treatment measures such as mouth-guards, periods of rest and pain-killers are sufficient.”
8. Top Oral Problems: Chipped Teeth
Our teeth are made from the hardest substance in our bodies and yet they are not invulnerable. We tend to forget this when we do stupid things like use them as tools for punishing tasks, such as chewing ice, forcing open containers, tearing packaging and grinding them. “These tasks and habits can cause the enamel of the teeth to become chipped or worn down, exposing the softer and more vulnerable dentine underneath,” say Colorado Springs dental implants specialists.
“There is a number of restorative treatments Pueblo dentists can provide to protect damaged and worn teeth. These include bonding, porcelain veneers or even crowns for teeth that have sustained considerable damage or decay.”
Stay Tuned for Part 3
To read more about the various problems and ailments that affect the oral cavity, stay tuned for the final installment of this three-part article series.
Health Articles1. Abortion Clinics Contingencies That You Need To Know!
Author: Kumar Swaminathan
2. The Berkeley Acupuncture Clinic – All You Need To Know About Acupuncture
Author: Bina Jangda
3. Braces In Calhoun
Author: James mercer
4. Remote-controlled Sensual Toys For Long Distance Love
Author: John Dugan
5. Newly Approved Study Tells Stem Cell Research & Therapy Works For Autism
Author: Nupur Jha
6. Weight Loss Pills - An Easy And Proven Way To Lose Weight
Author: Karanveer Rawat
7. How Restorative Dentistry Has Transformed People’s Lives?
Author: Ean Landen
8. How Are You Trying To Find The Best Cosmetic Dentist In Scottsdale, Az?
Author: Ellen Clarke
9. Can Aspirin Help In The Fight Against Pancreatic Cancer?
10. Herbal Supplements To Improve Testosterone And Male Stamina Safely
Author: Michael Jayden
11. Get To Know About Seven Unexpected Health Benefits Of Aromatherapy
Author: Manisha Nigam
12. These Sensual Mistakes Compromise Male Organ Health
Author: John Dugan
13. 4 Teeth Whitening Tips For A Whiter Smile
Author: Vikas Gowd
14. Ayurvedic Weight Loss Treatment To Burn Excess Body Fat Effectively
Author: Mitul Ranawat
15. Ayurvedic Treatment To Gain Weight And Increase Muscle Mass Safely
Author: Mitul Ranawat