ALL >> Health >> View Article
Post Operative Care After Breast Augmentation Surgery
Total Articles: 4
Breast augmentation is the most common cosmetic surgery procedure performed in US. Recent studies performed by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons revealed more than 286,000 women received breast augmentation in 2012. Undergoing breast augmentation is a major surgery—major preparation is also necessary.
Although the success results of breast augmentation procedure depends the experience of the cosmetic surgeon, as the patient you also have the responsibility of taking care of your new breasts to ensure proper healing. The smallest preparations will make all the difference in recovery time. A smart recovery plan will help to make you more comfortable and lead to a quicker recovery. Here I’ve listed a few tips suggested by a board-certified breast augmentation surgeon in Long Island.
Tips to reduce your recovery time after breast augmentation:
Intake of a healing diet: After breast augmentation, you need to intake wound-healing nutrient foods rich in vitamin C, protein, and zinc. You can get these nutrients via multivitamins, nutritional supplements or by eating citrus fruits, green vegetables, meats, and milk products.
Take Medication as prescribed by your doctor: Take medication as prescribed by your doctor to reduce the risk of infection. Spread the doctor-prescribed medication on the scars; this will heal breasts scars and tissue externally as well as provide pain relief.
Avoid strenuous activity: Avoid doing anything which involves excessive force, abrasion or motion such as lifting heavy items, playing tennis, skipping or jumping. You shouldn’t drive for at least four weeks.
Take proper care of your wounds: Treat the augmented breast with proper care. Since moisture can aggravate the incision and slow down the healing process, keep the wound dry. Sleep on your back for up to 10 days after surgery, this will speed up the healing process and save your augmented breasts from broken incisions.
Wear a supportive bra that reduces breast movement: Especially during the early days of recovery it is imperative to wear a supportive bra in order to minimize swaying. Keeping your augmented breasts as motionless as possible to help heal the wound faster and reduce the recovery time.
Apply moisturizer to inhibit stretch marks: After breast implantation, your breasts can develop with stretch marks. To prevent this, apply Shea butter to the skin to reduce the occurrence of stretch marks.
If you’re interested in breast augmentation or have already undergone augmentation, these tips will help to reduce your recovery time after breast augmentation surgery. If you have any questions about breast augmentation procedure or recovery tips, consult a breast augmentation surgeon in Long Island.
Certified breast implant surgeon in Long Island provides you the latest cosmetic and reconstructive breast surgery procedures to enhance the look and feel of your boobs. For more details visit http://www.breastimplantslongisland.com/
Health Articles1. Itchy Manhood? Use Shea Butter And Vitamin E
Author: John Dugan
2. Porcelain Veneers: What Are They And Why You Might Need Them
3. Dental Professionals – Do You Need To Have A Trusting Relationship
4. Why You Will Need Emergency Dental Care
5. Things To Remember When Choosing The Best Dental Professional For Your Loved Ones
6. The Things To Reflect On Before Selecting A Dental Professional That Can Meet All Your Requirements
7. Don't Fear The Dentist - Beating Your Dental Stress
8. Indications Of A Bad Dentist
9. Best Tips To Choosing A Family Dental Expert
10. Regular Dental Cleaning - Why It Is Necessary
11. Top Five Reasons To Truly Have Periodic Dental Cleaning Done
12. Get Emergency Medical Support By Panchmukhi Air Ambulance Service In Mumbai
Author: Dr Mukesh Kumar
13. Why You May Consider Dental Dentures
14. Great Guidance For Denture Users
15. Teeth Extraction And Why It Is Important