ALL >> Health >> View Article
Holiday Packages And Popular Tourist Attractions In Ladakh
Total Articles: 11
Ladakh, literally meaning ‘land of high passes’, is an area of the Jammu and Kashmir state in India situated between the Great Himalayas in the south and Kunlun Mountain rang in the north. The population in the area consists of Tibetan - Aryan descent. Ladakh is widely known for remote mountain beauty and the Tibetan culture. Due to Ladakh being inhabited predominantly by Tibetan population it is also referred as ‘Little Tibet’. Leh is its largest town and one of the few bastions of Buddhism in south Asia. Kargil is the second most important town of the Ladakh area, a strategically important place due to the international border in proximity.
The places of tourist attractions include the ruins of the palace of king Tsewang Rnam Rgyal 1 and King Jamyang Rnam Rgyal, Phyang Gompa and the rock carvings found almost everywhere in Ladakh. The Srinagar- Leh Highway is the most convenient to reach the area which reduced the journey period from Srinagar to Leh from 16 to 2 days. It is not operational during the winter season. So, a tunnel called Zoji La pass 6.5 kilometers long is under construction to make it an all weather route. Kargil has been in international news since 1947 and continued up to 1999 due to the hostilities between India and Pakistan in this they area. The Siachin glacier is another point of tourist attraction which also had been in the news for wrong reasons, a standoff between India and Pakistan over the area.
Ladakh being at around 9800 feet is the highest plateau of the state of Jammu and Kashmir in India. The other towns of tourist attraction include Shey, Basgo and Tingmosgang all except Kargil located in around the Indus River. One can see the Saser Kangri the highest peak at an altitude of 7672 meters situated in the area. The Ladakh region being in the rain shadow has little rains and has to depend on snowfall for water. A tourist can experience incessant snowfall during the area. The fauna in the area include 225 species of birds which is a treat to the tourists. Many of the tour promoters operate mainly from Srinagar during the summer when the route to the area is open. Buses ply from Leh to the adjacent villages. The Manali-Leh-Srinagar road comprises almost half of the entire road system. The tourists start their journey from Sonamarg. The tour operators mainly from Srinagar offer all facilities.
There are hotels in Leh and also in Kargil where the tourists are put up, and they can have the first hand experience of the picturesque area.
Health Articles1. Stress Attack - Why You Will Need Help Now!
2. Hypnotherapy For Depressive Disorder For Permanent Results
3. How To Handle Stress And Manage Avoidance
4. Easy Ways Of Managing Your Anxiety
5. Best Choices For Severe Depressive Management
6. Anxiety Management During Stress
7. Anxiety Management - Four Tricks You Can Start Using Today
8. Dry Rubbing And The Death Grip: Self-pleasuring Problems To Avoid
Author: John Dugan
9. Neck, Shoulder And Pain Management
Author: Mahesh Singh
10. Old Age Home Provides Love , Respect And ,carefree Life To Senior Citizens
Author: shiv ganga senior
11. Technology In Medical Industry
12. How Many Sessions For Tattoo Removal?
Author: hifza nauman
13. Where To Buy Phentermine 37.5 Mg Online In Oregon
14. Aromatic Revival Of Mind, Body And Soul With Therapeutic Massage
Author: Vicky Mamoria
15. 5 Ways Seniors Can Boost Their Energy
Author: Jane Doe