ALL >> Legal >> View Article
What Is Expungement?
Total Articles: 14
If you have a criminal record, it can negatively impact your life in a variety of ways. For example, it will severely limit your choices for employment and options of where to live, and can even affect your ability to travel to other countries. In some states, those with criminal records are not allowed to exercise their right to vote, or to purchase firearms, even for the purposes of legal hunting.
If you find yourself being unfairly judged today because of a mistake in your past, you may want to seek to have your criminal records expunged. In most states, if you legally expunge your criminal records, they are treated as if they do not exist, and therefore will not appear if anyone runs a thorough background check on you.
States have a variety of policies surrounding record expungement. The first thing to check would be who can apply for expungement in your state. In many cases, this ability is limited to people with specific types of offenses. If you can apply for record expungement, you will be required to have completed any sentences and paid any fines issued by the judge for your previous offense, and have continued on from there without additional criminal incidents.
If you do not qualify for expungement, there may be other options in your state, such as seeking a pardon from the governor. Regardless of the situation you find yourself in, it is wise to seek the advice of an attorney, who can navigate you through this sometimes complicated process.
Legal Articles1. Why And How To Choose A Criminal Lawyer In Hawaii For An Appeal?
Author: Steve Cedillos
2. Dallas Accidents Cases Need Not To Be Avoided! Let The Wrong One Suffer
Author: Ted B Lyon
3. Why Radvision World Is The Best Option For Immigration Services?
Author: Radvision World
4. Everything About Hiring A Motorcycle Accident Injury Lawyer
Author: Ladas Law
5. The Significant Role Of Immigration Law Firms In London.
Author: Hudson Mckenzie
6. Bail Bond Facts
Author: Emily Stone
7. Why Immigration To Canada Is The Best Option?
Author: Radvision World
8. Six Steps To Attaining Compensation For Accident Injury In Toronto City
Author: Dasilva Legal
9. Know Need Of Living Trust Attorney California
Author: Leah Wilmot
10. The Houston Criminal Defense Attorneys Are The Best To Help You Against Any Criminal Charges
11. Risks And Rewards Of Buying Property In Dubai
Author: hHassan Elhais
12. Massachusetts Workers Compensation Lawyer – Knowledgeable Lawyers Get What You Need
Author: Tina smith
13. Nursing Home Abuse And Negligence – Who Is Responsible?
Author: Tyler Pillay
14. Basic Corporate Laws For Business In Dubai
Author: Hassan Elhais
15. Consult An Employment Lawyer For Issues Regarding Flexible Work hours