ALL >> Food,-Cooking-and-Drink >> View Article
Which Drink Would You Choose? Rum Based Or Gin Cocktails?
Total Articles: 5
A popular cocktail mixer, rum is commonly used in a number of cocktails and drinks. A distilled spirit which is made from sugarcane and it’s by products such as molasses or even from sugarcane juice rum is made via a process of distillation and fermentation. While majority of the production of rum occurs in Latin America and in the Caribbean; it is also produced in other countries such as Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, India, Philippines, South Africa, Fiji, Japan and Taiwan.
While light rums are often used when making different cocktails; golden or dark rums are often consumed either straight or neat. There are many different variations and grades which are used to describe rum; depending on the area where the rum is produced. Besides light, golden and dark rums there are spiced, flavored and premium rums.
Light rums are also known as white or silver rums and have a very subtle flavor, other than the general sweetness of the liqueur. These are commonly used while mixing drinks owing to their mild flavors. Gold rums which are known for their amber colors obtain their color because of the aging they go through in wooden barrels. Often having more flavor these rums are stronger tasting and midway between light and dark rums. On the other hand, dark rums are especially known for their dark brown or red colors. Often made from caramelized sugar or molasses these are generally aged for long periods of time and most commonly come from Haiti, Jamaica and Mauritius.
Flavored rums which are infused with different fruit flavors such as banana, citrus, orange, mango, lime or starfruit lend a taste of a tropical drink. Lastly, premium rums are known to be of a special market and are generally found from boutique brands. These are known for having more flavor and are often directly consumed. Rum based cocktails are made from different variations of these rums, although lighter rums are always preferred.
Adding a light flavoring to many cocktails, the herbal flavor of gin adds a refreshing taste to many a cocktail. It is often used in a number of punches, gimlets and smashes; and often goes well when mixed in martinis. Some of the popular gin cocktails include Martinez, Negroni, Jasmine, gin and tonic, gin fizz, Tom Collins and Gimlet. There are also a number of cocktails which have lost their importance such as the Bennet, the Stay up Late and the Debutante.
Gin cocktails are often made by mixing a number of other liqueurs such as cognac, vodka, rum, etc. Fresh squeezed lime/lemon juice is another popular ingredient for these drinks. This spirit is generally referred to as a smooth drinking liqueur which mixes well for any cocktail. The martini is one of the few examples where gin adds a smooth and subtle flavor to the drink.
Whether it is a rum based cocktail or a gin based cocktail the taste of your drink will depend on how well that it is made by the bar tender. Right from the way the drink is mixed up to the different proportions of liqueurs that are used these cocktails are sure to kick start your evening on a pumped note.
Food, Cooking and Drink Articles1. What To Consider For A Wine Room Construction
Author: Jon Harper
2. 10 Simple Tips And Tricks On Baking With Silicone Moulds
Author: Bhavik Vasa
3. Brown Rice And Brownie Points For Health
4. Dubai Cuisine- Stuffed Camel To Fish’n’ Chips.get It All Here.
Author: Dyllan Samer
5. Reasons For American Restaurants’ Reputation As Pleasure Dinning
Author: Mathew Gomes
6. The Reasons That Make Vietnamese Cuisine Special
Author: Spencer Wiedermann
7. Surprise Her With Cooking Class Gift Vouchers For Her Birthday
Author: Chef Ha Nguyen
8. Top Services Used In Successful Food Marketing
Author: anil kumar
9. Ready To Tingle Your Taste Buds In Thai & Chinese Restaurants In Dubai
10. Comparing The Restaurant Aldelo Pos System With Cash Registers
Author: Glen Oliver
11. Simplified Factsheet About Drinking Alkaline Water
Author: Hampry Gomes
12. Order Food Online Delivery In Gold Coasta To Satisfy Your Craving For Exotic And Authentic Indian Cu
13. Why Taco Catering Is As Perfect For Independence Day As Hot Dogs And Apple Pie
Author: Justin Prietto
14. National Taco Day: When Is It, And How To Celebrate It
Author: Justin Prietto
15. Kosher Taco Catering - A Growing Demand For The Best Of Holidays And Celebrations
Author: Justin Prietto