ALL >> Health >> View Article
Common Misconceptions About Mohs Surgery
Total Articles: 7
Mohs surgery is a progressive and proven treatment for skin cancer. The specialized surgery removes skin cancer with a higher cure rate and greater sparing of normal tissues than other excisional technique.
As prevalent as it may be there continues to be common misconceptions about Mohs Surgery. Many people are still not aware of the surgery and its effectiveness.
Few of the misconceptions are:
Misconception #1: Most people think that Mohs surgery is about tissue sparing. But it is not, the surgery’s first goal is complete cancer removal. A focus on tissue sparing could lead some to believe that surgeons would choose to excise specimens with very narrow surgical margins even from areas where taking wider margins would not compromise function or closure. There are clearly many situations where excising wider margins would allow fewer stages of surgery, lower surgical costs and would not change the type of closure or lead to any cosmetic degradation.
Misconception #2: Mohs surgery is similar to other surgeries.
• Mohs surgery requires extensive training. It is highly organized and system dependent, requiring excision of tissue to allow optimal processing of the complete, contiguous surgical margin and a highly skilled technician to prepare quality slides.
• It requires the surgeon to assess the pathologic slide as well as perform the surgery.
The advanced surgical skill set of many dermatologists, improved surgical training opportunities, better local anesthetics, improved agents and better patient monitoring, allow surgeons the ability to hone skills and experience.
Misconception #3: The surgery depends on specific technique and who performs it. The only absolute is that, 100% of the true surgical margin must be accurately assessed to ensure complete removal of the cancer. Even though sparing normal tissue is a vital virtue of Mohs surgery, the one true goal is to cure the cancer.
Therefore, it is reasonable to assume that a higher degree of accuracy is possible in utilizing the Mohs technique today than has been in the past. So clear all the misconceptions you have about Mohs surgery in Teaneck NJ and cure your skin cancer effectively.
Health Articles1. Things You Can Do If Your Gums Are Bleeding
Author: Dr. Lakhwinder Singh
2. Paresthesia Could Cause Loss Of Male Organ Sensation
Author: John Dugan
3. Buy Adderall Xr 20 Mg Online Usa | @whitepear.store
4. Weight Reduction Herbs
5. Diy Treatments For Common Skin Concerns
Author: Dr mithra
6. Join Occupational First Aid Course To Serve As A First Aid Responder In Times Of Medical Emergency C
7. Qualities In A Pediatrician You Must Look For
Author: ponting brown
8. Remain In The Best Of Health With Pure Noni Products Of Salveo
9. Planning To Attend A Cme Medical Conference In Toronto? | Emedevents
10. Male Organ Skin And Vitamin D: A Healthy Combo
Author: John Dugan
11. How Do Invisible Braces Help Everyone In Your Family
Author: Joseph Donald
12. How A General Dentist Can Improve Your Oral Health
Author: Abel Abraham
13. How To Compare Invisible Braces To The Traditional Braces
Author: Malachi Mixon
14. Right Cosmetic Surgery Rectify Body And Facial Features
Author: opus clinic
15. Enjoy Monsoon Season With These Hair Care Tips
Author: Pankaj Singhal