ALL >> Health >> View Article
Common Misconceptions About Mohs Surgery
Total Articles: 8
Mohs surgery is a progressive and proven treatment for skin cancer. The specialized surgery removes skin cancer with a higher cure rate and greater sparing of normal tissues than other excisional technique.
As prevalent as it may be there continues to be common misconceptions about Mohs Surgery. Many people are still not aware of the surgery and its effectiveness.
Few of the misconceptions are:
Misconception #1: Most people think that Mohs surgery is about tissue sparing. But it is not, the surgery’s first goal is complete cancer removal. A focus on tissue sparing could lead some to believe that surgeons would choose to excise specimens with very narrow surgical margins even from areas where taking wider margins would not compromise function or closure. There are clearly many situations where excising wider margins would allow fewer stages of surgery, lower surgical costs and would not change the type of closure or lead to any cosmetic degradation.
Misconception #2: Mohs surgery is similar to other surgeries.
• Mohs surgery requires extensive training. It is highly organized and system dependent, requiring excision of tissue to allow optimal processing of the complete, contiguous surgical margin and a highly skilled technician to prepare quality slides.
• It requires the surgeon to assess the pathologic slide as well as perform the surgery.
The advanced surgical skill set of many dermatologists, improved surgical training opportunities, better local anesthetics, improved agents and better patient monitoring, allow surgeons the ability to hone skills and experience.
Misconception #3: The surgery depends on specific technique and who performs it. The only absolute is that, 100% of the true surgical margin must be accurately assessed to ensure complete removal of the cancer. Even though sparing normal tissue is a vital virtue of Mohs surgery, the one true goal is to cure the cancer.
Therefore, it is reasonable to assume that a higher degree of accuracy is possible in utilizing the Mohs technique today than has been in the past. So clear all the misconceptions you have about Mohs surgery in Teaneck NJ and cure your skin cancer effectively.
Health Articles1. Male Organ Pain: Are Barrier Protections To Blame?
Author: John Dugan
2. Know About The Key Responsibilities Of A Healthcare Support Worker
Author: Paige Rees
3. Smilex - The Place For Getting The Best Solution For Dental Issues
Author: Mohan Kumar
4. The Easiest Guide Ever To Get Fit & Healthy
5. Span Sure Medical Instruments Pvt. Ltd., Korea Automatic Thermal Massage Bed - Suppliers
Author: spansure medical
6. Midwives Acquire Nursing And Midwifery Programs To Fulfill Big Responsibilities
7. Specialties And Steps Involved In Elective Abroad Medical And Pre Medical Programs
8. Clinically Proven Solutions For Hairloss!!! Unfortunately Less Known!!!
9. How To Treat Gum Disease?
Author: Chris Hugh
10. Ways To Find The Best Chiropody Clinic
Author: The Harley Medical Foot and Nail Laser Clinic Lond
11. How A Good Parent Helps A Childcare Western Sydney
Author: Colleen Grenville
12. Top 30 Signs And Symptoms Of Adrenal Fatigue
Author: Peter Dobie
13. Male Organ Pain After Oral Sensual Activity: Urethritis?
Author: John Dugan
14. The Growing Relevance Of Mobile Massage Services In Albuquerque
Author: Bernadette Gongora
15. Now Natural Cure For Diabetes Is In Your Fingertips
Author: Salveo Life Sciences Limited