ALL >> General >> View Article
Effective Coaching By Knowing The Motivations Of Your Players
Total Articles: 17
Coaching a sports team can both be challenging and rewarding. Mentoring individuals requires wisdom and a lot of patience. You also have to be careful with the things you say as one sentence can discourage a player instead of inspiring him. Of course, you also have to watch your actions since you become the role model of your players.
If you're coaching a football team for kids at your school, you have to take into account their reasons for joining the team. Knowing what their motivation factors are can help you become a more effective sports mentor. Below are some of the general reasons why children want to join a soccer team:
They want to have fun - It can't get any more simple and straightforward than that. It's understandable that the main motivation for children is for them to find something enjoyable to do. As a coach, you have to maximize this motivation. When kids have fun, they'll usually be motivated to listen and learn. To keep that momentum going, always find ways to make the sport more engaging and, of course, more fun.
They want to make friends - Or be with friends. Another reason why kids join soccer teams is since it is one of the most popular sports in the world, many of their friends also want to be part of it. This brings about the social benefits of the sport. Since they'll be mingling with other players, it can be an excellent venue for developing their social skills. Part of your job as their coach is to make sure no one is left sulking in a corner. Make everyone participate actively not only in playing the sport but also in your conversations.
They want to compete - As young as they are, they already want to feel the rewards and the excitement of competition. Children love to play games, and by playing a sport such as soccer, their level of appreciation of competition will also be upped. It can somehow be a coming of age thing for them. Of course, as their mentor, you have to instill in them the importance of holding their head high even when they don't win matches. They have to learn that winning is not everything and that losing is simply another opportunity to learn more lessons.
They want to learn (and develop) certain skills - Aside from the social skills touched on earlier here, learning and developing certain physical skills is also one of the motivators for children when joining a football team, or any sports team for that matter. The moves that their favorite football players do when they watch them on TV can also be the major reason for them joining the team. Make the most of this eagerness to learn by coaching them the basic skills they need before they can go to that level of finally imitating the skillful moves of their favorite football stars.
Knowing the different motivations of the kids joining your team will help make your coaching a lot easier and more effective.
Harry Shane is an online shopping expert and blogger, offering practical tips and ways to get the best bargain for shoppers around the world. For online football equipment, he recommends you visit Slashsport.
General Articles1. Why Eye Creams Are Important
2. Preparing For Usa Basketball Tours Understanding The Organisations And Categories
Author: Brett Rainbow
3. Ipad Vs Smartphone Who Will Win The Experience Battle?
Author: Patrik Murphy
4. Avail The Service Of Radius Moving For Best Moving Experience
5. Hermal Mass Flow Meters - Finding A Value In Many Industries
6. A New Example For Cyber Threat Hunting
Author: Bradon Wilson
7. What To Do If Windows Is Unable To Run The Software Protection Service On A Local Computer.
Author: Bradon Wilson
8. The Hidden, Emotional Effects Of Acne
Author: Rahul Sharma
9. Importance Of Prescribed Supplements For Your Healthy Growth
10. How Can I Invest In Cryptocurrency ?
11. Pharmasynth Offers Best Pcd Pharma Franchisee Opportunities For Business Partners
12. Ich Liebe Die Tatsache, Dass Es Zwei Kleider In Einem Geben Kann
13. Celebrate Your Partner’s Birthday By Sending A Stunning Flower Box
Author: Carl Glendon
14. What Happens During A Recession?
15. Important Gold Trading Tips For Beginners