ALL >> Family >> View Article
How To Give Medication To Your Dogs
Total Articles: 21
No matter how good we are at taking care of our pets, there are times when something just goes wrong without us knowing why or how it happened. All of a sudden your dog gets infested with fleas and ticks starts scratching itself nonstop. To treat your dog, you might have to give him oral medication like tablets and pills. That right there might be a problem. If you don't know how to give your dog the medicine he needs, he will just spit it out. Your dog will fight and struggle if you force a pill down his throat and that can be quite frustrating. Follow these tips on how to give your dog medicine without the fuss.
Tablets and pills
Dog products also come in the form of tablets and pills. If you have a dog that is infested with fleas, buy comfortis flea tablet at aussievetproducts.com.au.
• Hide the tablet or pill inside a treat. Your dog will gladly take the medication if it comes with something tasty. You can also try melting cheese and making a cheese ball with the pills in between. Making a ball will ensure that your dog won't spit out the medication. You can do the same with dog food turned into meatballs. Find out what tablets are okay to mix with food. There are a lot of cheap comfortis available to cure your dog from fleas. Get them at Aussie Vet Products for your dog.
• If your dog will not eat anything, the only way to go is by force. Do it right the first time so it will all be over quick. The following steps:
1. Insert your thumb in the space behind one of the teeth and push upward on the roof of the mouth. Or you can hold the muzzle and press the lips behind the canines so your dog will open its mouth.
2. In your other hand, hold the tablet or pill between your thumb and finger.
3. Once you get the mouth open, pop it in quickly and as far back as possible.
4. Hold down your dog's mouth and rub the throat until you can feel the pill going down and being swallowed.
5. To make sure the pill was swallowed, gently blow on your dog's nose. You will know if the pill has been swallowed if your dog licks his nose.
Administering liquid medication is not much of a hassle compared to solid medications. Since it's already in liquid form, your dog can easily swallow it without a problem. You'll just have to figure out how to get it inside his mouth. A dropper works best for liquids but you can also use a medicine bottle or a needleless syringe. There are liquid dog products that come in great flavors like Sasha's blend for dogs that are used to maintain your dog's bone and joint health. Find out more here.
• Hold your dog's nose up.
• Insert the dropper between the checks and the teeth.
• Dispense the liquid.
• Make sure you immediately follow with a tasty treat to cover the bitter taste.
• If you have to give a large amount of liquid medication, give it in batches and give your dog a tasty treat in between drinks.
Commercial dog products also offer food medications. Check out Aussie Vet Products to find a treatment that makes use of tasty dog food. It's easy to administer, just serve your dog with a full meal and hope your dog finishes it up. Also, they come in tasty flavors so pets will not spit it out.
If you can't get your dog to orally take his medication, you can go for topical administration instead. Browse https://aussievetproducts.com.au to get frontline plus for dogs best price to control and protect your dogs from ticks without oral medications. This type of treatment for ticks and fleas works directly on the dog's skin. After applying the product, your dog must not get wet to prevent washing off of the product.
Family Articles1. Find Best Online Respite Child Care Jobs
2. How To Spend This Summer With Your Elderly Parents
Author: Shuaiba Ahammed
3. Creating A Good Divorce
Author: Diana Mercer
4. Watch Marathi Movies Online
5. Current Health Events
6. Jigsaw Puzzles
7. Dog Food In Mumbai
8. Homemade Beauty Tips
9. Marathi Video
10. The Ideal Guidelines When Thinking Of Baby Gears
Author: Bob Smith
11. The Respite Care Sunshine Coast Offers Best Elderly Care In Affordable Price
Author: The Respite Care Sunshine Coast Offers Best Elderly Care in Affordable Price
12. When It All Falls Apart- Why You Need A Divorce Lawyer In Fort Worth
Author: V Wayne Ward
13. Significant Tips When Looking At Baby Items - The Basics
Author: Bob Smith
14. Tracking Down Where To Find Distinct Ideas When Thinking Of Baby Items
Author: Bob Smith
15. Reasons To Consider A Divorce Mediator