ALL >> Career >> View Article
Change Your Life, Be An Ias Officer
Total Articles: 18
The Civil Services Examination (CSE) is a competitive examination conducted across the country by the Union Public Service Commission. The selections made through the Civil Service Exam are recruited to the various Civil Services of the Government of India. These civil services include Indian Administrative Service (IAS), Indian Foreign Service (IFS), Indian Police Service (IPS) and Indian Revenue Service (IRS).
Indian Administrative Services it administration cell of the Government of India. The IAS Exam is conducted in three phases i.e. preliminary, mains and the interview. You have to qualify in the three phases of the exam to get into IAS. The IAS Exam is considered to be one of the most challenging exam across the globe.
Eligibility Criteria for Writing the Civil Service Exam
Citizen of India, Nepal, Bhutan or Tibet
Must hold a degree of graduation from a recognised educational institution.
Must attain 21 years of age.
Maximum number of attempts is restricted to four.
Who should choose IAS as career?
• Cracking the Civil Service Exam is a big challenge. Think wisely and go for it only if you think you can do it with your hard work. You have to be ambitious enough to fulfil your dream.
• If you are willing to work for the welfare of the society and nation.
• Being in IAS, you are given a high and respectable social status. Go for it if that matters to you.
Conduction of Exam
The CSE is conducted is three stages
1. The Preliminary examination
This phase consists of two objective type papers, one of General Studies and the other of the Aptitude test. Once you clear the Prelims, you are eligible to write the Mains.
2. The Main Examination
This phase consists of nine papers, each of which is conventional essay type.
You have to clear the Mains, after which you are called up for a Personality Test.
3. The Interview Round
This is the final round, clearing which you will be called a qualified UPSC candidate.
1. For General Studies
Get into the habit of reading newspapers daily.
Start reading books which talk about Current Affairs and General Knowledge.
Books of Civics, Economics and History by NCERT should be read as they contain tremendous knowledge of this portion.
2. For Optional Subjects
This section consists of the portion of the subjects you have done your graduation in.
This can be read from your graduation text books in accordance with the separate syllabus provided.
Work upon your writing skills for this section.
Improve your writing speed by daily practice.
There will be two papers each on English and Hindi and four papers from your optional subject should be prepared.
One Indian language apart from Hindi is to be prepared for the last paper.
The next big step after qualifying these two rounds is the final interview round. Many aspirants get rejected in this round due to their lack of presence of mind. Some important tips for the Interview Round are
Improve your English speaking skills.
Be confident, precise and smart in answering
Listen carefully to the interviewer and maintain proper posture and eye contact.
Career Articles1. Tips To Hire The Right Freelance Graphic Designer In Los Angeles
Author: Tim Donnelly
2. Recruitment Revamped! Questions For A Job Interview That Need Serious Reviewing!
Author: Aman Khare
3. What's The Stage Of Command Training Applications?
Author: Ross Barkely
4. Finding Digital Marketing Jobs In Bangalore
5. Beginnen Wir Mit Den Basics Für Mode Und Schönheit
6. Do’s And Don’ts For Microsoft Training
Author: Mukesh Kumar
7. Disabled People And Internet Home Jobs
Author: Ross Berkely
8. Career Options After Distance Mba Course In Retail Management
Author: Jitendra D
9. Best 8 Countries For Overseas Education And Jobs
Author: orion study abroad
10. How Can A Student Visa Consultant Help You From Getting Your Visa Rejected?
Author: Pranati Roy
11. Top Institutes In Clinical Research In Hyderabad
12. Clifford Beaumont: Uk Retail Sales Tumble
13. Couldn’t Crack Pre-engineering Test? Don’t Worry, Industrial Training Programs Are Here!
14. Top 4 Diploma Courses After 12th Fit For Both Boys And Girls
15. Which Is Best Institute To Learn Digital Markeing In Delhi-ncr?
Author: rakesh verma