ALL >> Career >> View Article
Change Your Life, Be An Ias Officer
Total Articles: 18
The Civil Services Examination (CSE) is a competitive examination conducted across the country by the Union Public Service Commission. The selections made through the Civil Service Exam are recruited to the various Civil Services of the Government of India. These civil services include Indian Administrative Service (IAS), Indian Foreign Service (IFS), Indian Police Service (IPS) and Indian Revenue Service (IRS).
Indian Administrative Services it administration cell of the Government of India. The IAS Exam is conducted in three phases i.e. preliminary, mains and the interview. You have to qualify in the three phases of the exam to get into IAS. The IAS Exam is considered to be one of the most challenging exam across the globe.
Eligibility Criteria for Writing the Civil Service Exam
Citizen of India, Nepal, Bhutan or Tibet
Must hold a degree of graduation from a recognised educational institution.
Must attain 21 years of age.
Maximum number of attempts is restricted to four.
Who should choose IAS as career?
• Cracking the Civil Service Exam is a big challenge. Think wisely and go for it only if you think you can do it with your hard work. You have to be ambitious enough to fulfil your dream.
• If you are willing to work for the welfare of the society and nation.
• Being in IAS, you are given a high and respectable social status. Go for it if that matters to you.
Conduction of Exam
The CSE is conducted is three stages
1. The Preliminary examination
This phase consists of two objective type papers, one of General Studies and the other of the Aptitude test. Once you clear the Prelims, you are eligible to write the Mains.
2. The Main Examination
This phase consists of nine papers, each of which is conventional essay type.
You have to clear the Mains, after which you are called up for a Personality Test.
3. The Interview Round
This is the final round, clearing which you will be called a qualified UPSC candidate.
1. For General Studies
Get into the habit of reading newspapers daily.
Start reading books which talk about Current Affairs and General Knowledge.
Books of Civics, Economics and History by NCERT should be read as they contain tremendous knowledge of this portion.
2. For Optional Subjects
This section consists of the portion of the subjects you have done your graduation in.
This can be read from your graduation text books in accordance with the separate syllabus provided.
Work upon your writing skills for this section.
Improve your writing speed by daily practice.
There will be two papers each on English and Hindi and four papers from your optional subject should be prepared.
One Indian language apart from Hindi is to be prepared for the last paper.
The next big step after qualifying these two rounds is the final interview round. Many aspirants get rejected in this round due to their lack of presence of mind. Some important tips for the Interview Round are
Improve your English speaking skills.
Be confident, precise and smart in answering
Listen carefully to the interviewer and maintain proper posture and eye contact.
Career Articles1. Going For Walk-ins? Think Twice!
Author: Jay Torres
2. Free Job Posting Site For Employers In Usa
Author: G Pradeep Kumar
3. Athena Net Coaching- Providing An Ideal Destination For The Students In Lucknow
4. Quality Assurance (qa) Training Courses In Ahmedabad- Unicode Technologies.
5. How To Establish A Successful Mobile Application Testing Career?
Author: Jack Ramon
6. Athena Ias- Helping You To Achieve Your Dream Of Becoming An Ias Officer.
7. Cathay Dupont Warning! Avoid Scam That Acts As Job Opportunity Award
Author: Andrei Park
8. Warning From Cathay Dupont: Travel Awards Not A Ticket To Work In Japan
Author: Alea Kim
9. Secrets Of Above 30,000 Feet Air Hostess Career
Author: WHITE PANTHER
10. Challenges Faced By Job Seekers
Author: Jay Torres
11. Jkpsc Recruitment 2017–2018 Latest Mo/lecturer Online Jobs Notification
Author: Recruitment Result
12. Involve Gamification In Recruiting And Engagement
13. Photojournalism- The Social Responsibility
14. Fashion Photography And Glamour Of Industry
15. Exploring Your Photography Passion - Journey From An Amateur To A Pro!