ALL >> Career >> View Article
Change Your Life, Be An Ias Officer
Total Articles: 18
The Civil Services Examination (CSE) is a competitive examination conducted across the country by the Union Public Service Commission. The selections made through the Civil Service Exam are recruited to the various Civil Services of the Government of India. These civil services include Indian Administrative Service (IAS), Indian Foreign Service (IFS), Indian Police Service (IPS) and Indian Revenue Service (IRS).
Indian Administrative Services it administration cell of the Government of India. The IAS Exam is conducted in three phases i.e. preliminary, mains and the interview. You have to qualify in the three phases of the exam to get into IAS. The IAS Exam is considered to be one of the most challenging exam across the globe.
Eligibility Criteria for Writing the Civil Service Exam
Citizen of India, Nepal, Bhutan or Tibet
Must hold a degree of graduation from a recognised educational institution.
Must attain 21 years of age.
Maximum number of attempts is restricted to four.
Who should choose IAS as career?
• Cracking the Civil Service Exam is a big challenge. Think wisely and go for it only if you think you can do it with your hard work. You have to be ambitious enough to fulfil your dream.
• If you are willing to work for the welfare of the society and nation.
• Being in IAS, you are given a high and respectable social status. Go for it if that matters to you.
Conduction of Exam
The CSE is conducted is three stages
1. The Preliminary examination
This phase consists of two objective type papers, one of General Studies and the other of the Aptitude test. Once you clear the Prelims, you are eligible to write the Mains.
2. The Main Examination
This phase consists of nine papers, each of which is conventional essay type.
You have to clear the Mains, after which you are called up for a Personality Test.
3. The Interview Round
This is the final round, clearing which you will be called a qualified UPSC candidate.
1. For General Studies
Get into the habit of reading newspapers daily.
Start reading books which talk about Current Affairs and General Knowledge.
Books of Civics, Economics and History by NCERT should be read as they contain tremendous knowledge of this portion.
2. For Optional Subjects
This section consists of the portion of the subjects you have done your graduation in.
This can be read from your graduation text books in accordance with the separate syllabus provided.
Work upon your writing skills for this section.
Improve your writing speed by daily practice.
There will be two papers each on English and Hindi and four papers from your optional subject should be prepared.
One Indian language apart from Hindi is to be prepared for the last paper.
The next big step after qualifying these two rounds is the final interview round. Many aspirants get rejected in this round due to their lack of presence of mind. Some important tips for the Interview Round are
Improve your English speaking skills.
Be confident, precise and smart in answering
Listen carefully to the interviewer and maintain proper posture and eye contact.
Career Articles1. Affordable Mbbs Course Fees Study Abroad Destinations
Author: Universal Education Consultants
2. The Difference Between Leadership And Management Is Dicey
3. Why Should You Choose Full Time Digital Marketing Training Institute?
Author: Kunal Iyer
4. The Ease And Comfort Of Pursuing Courses In Digital Marketing
Author: Krutika Sharma
5. How Should I Get Searched My Dream Job?
Author: This article is written by Jobs poster.
6. Pr For Canada
Author: Sunland Education
7. 3 Types Of People Always Succeed In The Journey Called Life
Author: Olivia James
8. Download Talathi Previous Year Question Papers
9. How To Develop Websites
10. How To Get Education Loan From Bank
11. Which Is The Best Nda Coaching Center In Chandigarh?
Author: Jyoti Sandhu
12. Fundamental Skills For Every Project Manager
Author: National Institute of Building Technology Nashik
13. Finest Institute For Sap Training Certification Courses In Noida
Author: Shanaya Sharma
14. Magento Vs. Shopify: The Crucial Decision For Building An Online Store
Author: Kartik Patel
15. The Prerequisites Of Getting A Pg Diploma Certification!
Author: Bhargav Himnshu