ALL >> Family >> View Article
What Is Prenuptial Agreement, What Are The Myths And Facts?
Total Articles: 14
Today let’s talk about Prenups and mediation.
A mediated prenuptial agreement helps couples prepare and plan for a long-lasting, successful marriage.
A Peace Talks' team of attorneys and therapists will facilitate and design a fair, respectful and loving premarital agreement so you can relax and enjoy every moment of your wedding.
What You Need to Know About Prenuptial Agreements
Even though prenuptial agreements get a really bad rap, they’re vital documents that protect both people about to enter into marriage. It’s all about your approach. By having a calm and logical conversation before pulling out any documents, you stand a much better chance of keeping things civil and pleasant.
Premarital Agreement Mediation:
· Puts you on the same page before you get married so you stay on the same page
· Takes both fiancées' needs and wishes into account so the agreement is balanced and fair
· Improves communication on important issues like finances and planning a family
Talking about a premarital agreement is hard. Premarital mediation facilitates communication so that you can have a balanced, respectful discussion which ensures that your prenup is tailored to your mutual and individual needs.
At Peace Talks Mediation Services, our mediators also negotiate post-nuptial and post-marital agreements. Also our custody mediation and parenting plan mediation services assist divorced, divorcing and never-married parents in working together to develop a child-centred custody plan and improve your ability to co-parent.
Between news coverage, soap operas and family drama, we all have some preconceived notions about premarital agreements (also known as prenuptial agreements).
Here are a few of the most common myths, debunked:
Myth 1: Prenuptial agreements are only for wealthy people; my fiancé and I are not rich and so we don't need an agreement.
Fact: You may not be rich, but you definitely want to have a successful marriage. Having an honest discussions regarding how the two of you will approach finances will ensure that there won't be any surprises once you are married.
Myth 2: Prenuptial agreements are designed to simply protect the wealthier spouse and strip the other spouse of all of his or her rights.
Fact: Prenuptial and premarital agreements should be designed to protect both spouses. Premarital agreements which are unfair and completely one-sided are probably not enforceable in court. By definition, the agreement must be fair.
Myth 3: Premarital Agreements Aren't Romantic.
Fact: there's nothing romantic about fighting about money once you're married because you never discussed how you'd handle your finances, either. Clearly, premarital agreements are touchy subjects, but consider
Myth 5: If we don't get married, my live-in mate won't have any claims to my income or property.
Fact: You could risk your income or assets by living together without marrying. The law about how to divide property and income when you lived together without getting married can be very complicated.
If you are going to live together without getting married, you'll want a cohabitation agreement. It's better to decide who contributes to and owns property before you buy things rather than afterwards.
Diana Mercer is a Family Law Mediator and the founder of Peace Talks Family Mediation Services; provides you divorce mediation, Parenting Plans and help with Prenuptial Agreement California and A mediated prenuptial agreement helps couples prepare and plan for a long-lasting, successful marriage.
Family Articles1. Top 5 Points To Consider Before Getting Pre Paid Funeral Plans
Author: Kate Simson
2. The Benefits Of Funeral Planning Services
Author: Kate Simson
3. The 24 Hour Care Sunshine Coast Offers Best Home Care Services To Help Elders Lead A Quality Lifesty
4. The Value Of A Financial Advisor
Author: Noah Benjamin
5. Factors That Can Affect Your Chance Of Getting Pregnant
Author: Swati Desai
6. 7 Tips To Treat Pcos With Proper Diet
Author: Swati Desai
7. Tips To Choose The Right Life Partner
Author: Abhimanyu Singh
8. Should You Hire A Nanny?
Author: alma milerr
9. Assess The Help Of A Caregiver
Author: Alma miller
10. How Efficient Is An Online Matrimony In India?
11. Express Your Feelings With The Finest Flowers
12. Vacation Deals Guideline - What To Appearance For Inside Family Holidays
Author: Ross Barkely
13. Telugu Marriage | Matrimonial Sites In India | Marriage Beuro Telugu
14. Is It Time To Hire Childcare Provider?
Author: alma miller
15. The Aged Care Sunshine Coast Offer Best Home Care Packages For The Elderly To Lead An Independent Li