ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Ram Improves Safety For 2014 Model Year
Total Articles: 5
As technology advances, safety does too. The days where RAM trucks once lacked the modern day technologies and safety features found in smaller luxury cars are now in the past as RAM takes a twofold approach to safety. The first approach includes passive features expected in a modern day vehicle. The second includes features to avoid accidents. All Ram trucks employ these new features, though the technologies depend on the model of choice. Below are some of the safety features you can find on the all-new RAM 1500, RAM 2500 and 3500 Heavy Duty, RAM Chassis Cab 3500, 4500 and 5500, RAM ProMaster and RAM C/V.
Electronic Stability Control comes on all RAM vehicles. Using the driver's steering movements and the vehicles actual travel patterns, ESC adjusts vehicle stability to maintain control under severe or challenging driving conditions.
While ESC maintains the vehicles control, handling of the trailer is controlled with Trailer Sway Control. By monitoring the vehicles path, the system applies brake pressure, slowly down the vehicle and counteracting the sway by increasing pressure on the one front wheel.
For more power during stopping on downhill grades, Integrated Trailer Brake Control will automatically apply electronic brakes on trailers equipped properly.
Like the Trailer Brake Control, Hill-Start Assist also helps on downhill grades. After the driver removes their foot from the brake pedal, the brake pressure is applied for a short time thereafter. However if the throttle is not applied within this short time, the brake pressure will be released.
If one or two of the trucks wheels lose traction, the Brake Lock Differential System will apply brakes selectively to the spinning wheels to maintain a forward motion.
The Payload Camera allows drivers to view the bed of the truck and align hitches. The camera is mounted in the third brake light lens and can be viewed from the color LCD screen located in the rear-view mirror.
The vehicle theft security alarm now monitors lift-gate ajar switches as well as unauthorized entry on the ignition circuit.
The new RAM trucks aim for modern amenities while remaining durable and strong. Other new technology includes advanced multistage airbags that inflate appropriately to the severity of the impact; child seat anchor system for compatibility with child seats; remote start and tire pressure monitoring. For more information on the safety and security features of the new RAM trucks, you can visit the following site:
Roseville Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM is your premier Minneapolis Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram dealer. If you are searching for auto dealers using the keywords Dodge dealer Woodbury MN or Dodge dealer Shoreview MN, look no further for new and used cars, trucks and SUV's!
Automobiles Articles1. Get Online Auto Insurance And Finance
2. New Shell Fuel Station Finder From Fleetcor
Author: FleetCor Deutschland GmbH
3. Dealerships Are Your One Stop Shop
Author: haggerty Ford
4. The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Learning On Driving Simulators.
Author: Eesha Zaveri
5. Buy Miami Used Luxury Cars For Sale Within Your Budget
6. Know The Truth About For Vehicle Parts Exchange In Surrey
Author: Ewan Thorpe
7. Why Mot Test Is So Much Essential For Four-wheelers
Author: James Elston
8. Car Valeting The Reason That Has Kept You From Buying The New One
Author: Rhys Gibson
9. Gps Vehicle Tracking System
Author: Balu S
10. The Biggest Contribution Of Driving Coach In Chadstone To Humanity
Author: Mark Watson
11. Side By Side Comparison Between Readymade Motorcycle & Custom Chopper
Author: Levi Fysh
12. Benefits Of Leasing Your Next Car
13. Rockman - The Top Manufacturers Of Two Wheeler Parts & Automotive Component In India
Author: Rockman Industries
14. For Best Services Just Opt For Auto Repair Gainesville
Author: Berrisford Smith
15. 2017 Hyundai Accent: Top Reasons Why You Should Buy This Budget Car
Author: Allen Hyundai