ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Ram Improves Safety For 2014 Model Year
Total Articles: 5
As technology advances, safety does too. The days where RAM trucks once lacked the modern day technologies and safety features found in smaller luxury cars are now in the past as RAM takes a twofold approach to safety. The first approach includes passive features expected in a modern day vehicle. The second includes features to avoid accidents. All Ram trucks employ these new features, though the technologies depend on the model of choice. Below are some of the safety features you can find on the all-new RAM 1500, RAM 2500 and 3500 Heavy Duty, RAM Chassis Cab 3500, 4500 and 5500, RAM ProMaster and RAM C/V.
Electronic Stability Control comes on all RAM vehicles. Using the driver's steering movements and the vehicles actual travel patterns, ESC adjusts vehicle stability to maintain control under severe or challenging driving conditions.
While ESC maintains the vehicles control, handling of the trailer is controlled with Trailer Sway Control. By monitoring the vehicles path, the system applies brake pressure, slowly down the vehicle and counteracting the sway by increasing pressure on the one front wheel.
For more power during stopping on downhill grades, Integrated Trailer Brake Control will automatically apply electronic brakes on trailers equipped properly.
Like the Trailer Brake Control, Hill-Start Assist also helps on downhill grades. After the driver removes their foot from the brake pedal, the brake pressure is applied for a short time thereafter. However if the throttle is not applied within this short time, the brake pressure will be released.
If one or two of the trucks wheels lose traction, the Brake Lock Differential System will apply brakes selectively to the spinning wheels to maintain a forward motion.
The Payload Camera allows drivers to view the bed of the truck and align hitches. The camera is mounted in the third brake light lens and can be viewed from the color LCD screen located in the rear-view mirror.
The vehicle theft security alarm now monitors lift-gate ajar switches as well as unauthorized entry on the ignition circuit.
The new RAM trucks aim for modern amenities while remaining durable and strong. Other new technology includes advanced multistage airbags that inflate appropriately to the severity of the impact; child seat anchor system for compatibility with child seats; remote start and tire pressure monitoring. For more information on the safety and security features of the new RAM trucks, you can visit the following site:
Roseville Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM is your premier Minneapolis Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram dealer. If you are searching for auto dealers using the keywords Dodge dealer Woodbury MN or Dodge dealer Shoreview MN, look no further for new and used cars, trucks and SUV's!
Automobiles Articles1. Why Automobile Companies Should Tie-up With Drivekool For Rto Services
2. 2018 Best Dirt Bike For Kids Of Different Age Groups – Kids For King
Author: Kids For King
3. How To Get Your Car Ready For Summer
Author: vibhuti Chouhan
4. Rockman Moldex-carbon Composites Company In India
Author: Rockman Industries
5. How To Know Kinds Of Mechanical Repairs Done By Automobile Mechanics In Vista
Author: Andrew Raymond
6. Fleet Wraps The Best Way To Advertise Your Business
7. What Keeps Planes Up And Running
Author: Xtreme Aviation
8. Car Rental Seychelles Should Be Considered When You Are Looking Forward To Make Your Commuting Safe
Author: Jeffrey Pham
9. Your Purpose Of Usage Will Define Whether It Is Best To Choose The Cruiser Over The Touring Bike
Author: Levi Fysh
10. How To Check The First Auto Repair In Any Local Garage
Author: Mark Josesh
11. How To Know Hydraulic Hose System Design
Author: Ryan gary
12. Simulators In Mining Industry
Author: Eesha Zaveri
13. How To Manage A Down Payment For Your Next Car?
Author: Williams Orchard
14. Types Of Forklifts Their Use And Advantages
Author: Raunak Kadam
15. Why You Should Have A Portable Jump Starters For Cars – Reasons!
Author: Anthony Farinola