ALL >> Business >> View Article
Domain Name Really Matters
Total Articles: 7959
Many questions about domain names come from new website owners. It is true that domain names matter especially for businesses that will use their website to promote their products and services online. If you are planning to start a small business or a home based business, then domains are important for your business to gain its visibility online. The most frequent question that is being asked by users is if domain names really matter. It is important for you to know how domain names can drive your business to its success. In the end, the answer to the question is that domain names really actually do matter for your business.
If the domain name you choose is a good one, then it can attract more visitors to your website and it can also posture your website to be easily indexed and searched. Actually, you can register any name that you want for your business or website. You can check the internet for options of sites that offer domain registration. After getting your needed support, then what domain name should a small business like the one you should get? The following are important aspects that you need to bear in mind to create a sensible domain name for your site.
1. The first thing that you need to keep in mind is to avoid getting a domain name with a huge brand name. For instance, GoogleMe.com is not a good idea, because it has a Google within the domain name. You could be sued by these large companies when your website gets the traffic that is for them.
2. It is important that you find a name that is relevant or very close to your business name.
3. You need to get the (dot com) top level domain, if you can. Almost all search engines will look for domain within (dot com) in order to find if there are matched domains. Most search engine will list down website in order of the (dot com) and (dot net). The (dot com) is also one of the most popular domains and most people will type (dot com) instead of tying the (dot net). This is the reason why domain name matters if you want the success of your business online.
4. It is important to always find a good domain registration company and stick with it. It is very easy to get a domain, but it is not easy to transfer your domain.
5. If you cannot find a good domain that is closely related to your business name, then think of something that can be easily remembered by people. One of the best examples are the Google and Yahoo domain names.
6. It is important that you only create a domain name that is not more than 12 characters. Some people cannot remember a very long domain name. If your business is just new, then it is not advised to choose a long domain name.
Domain names matter if you really want to turn your website into a lucrative tool for your new business.
Business Articles1. Five Things You Could Be Doing Wrong While Choosing Your Renovations Team
Author: Stephen Kavita
2. Add Value To Your Lancaster Home With The Right Renovations & Remodeling
Author: Cory Frank
3. Get The Most Out Of Family Counseling
Author: Cory Frank
4. The Case For Composite Decking
Author: Blue Star Carpentry
5. Motivation & Support
6. What Is A Leased Line And Its Advantages
Author: Ketan Shah
7. Carpet Cleaning And Flood Damage Repair
8. General Description About Bolts
Author: Harpreet Chhabra
9. Garage Door Service Irvine
10. Carpet Cleaning In Tustin
11. Colorado Garage Door Company
12. Hollywood Hills Carpet Cleaners
13. Custom Home Bars Make The Perfect Spot For Your Home Parties
Author: Larry Lynch
14. Overview On Benefits Of Telco Cost Saving To Benchmark Your Business
Author: Amber Brake
15. Corona Del Mar Carpet Cleaning