ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Making The Best Of Low Cost Holidays
Total Articles: 7959
If you are looking for ideas on low cost holidays, you are not the only one. The economy has been playing havoc with household budgets holidays and travel have taken a back seat. However, that does not mean you have to cancel all your travel and holiday plans. There are many different things you can do to save some money even as you take that much-deserved vacation. Here are some things you can do to ensure that you get the best low cost holidays. Many people look for car rentals as travelling in and around the vacation destinations is cheaper that way.
The fact also is that thousands of rental cars in the U.S lie unused every year. This is definitely one point in your favor and will help you drive a hard bargain. Rental car companies will hardly ever volunteer any money-saving suggestions. But there are several means by which you can save hundreds of dollars on car rentals. Make an online reservation via a major car rental company. It’s the simplest and the cheapest method of renting a car locally or internationally. Almost all car rental companies offer internet-only discounts and you can get various offers and discounts as well.
You can also check “name-your-own-price” or bidding websites and these are a great option if you are not too choosy about the car you want to rent. These websites have the best car rental companies and deals and you can end up getting unlimited mileage and various upgrades. But many of these websites also do not permit you to cancel or change your booking and you will not be able to get a refund if you change your mind. When it comes to discount car hire, look for package deals. You should look for vacation packages that offer a combination of fly-drive and stay options.
These generally give you huge discounts on your car rentals. Try not to reserve a rental car via an airline. Though it is very convenient, you will hardly ever get a good deal. Check on military and government discounts, if you fall in that category and be proactive with enquiring about any other current offers and discounts. Check out frequent flyer and car rental programs. If you are planning on keeping the rental car for over 5 days, consider opting for a weekly rate. The 6th and 7th days are generally free in weekly rental offers.
Also check on what discount car hire policy the company follows about a change in itinerary or early returns. You should also check if you have a comprehensive insurance to forgo the policy that the car agency is offering. In some cases, credit card insurance does not cover luxury cars or SUV’s. If the existing policy covers you irrespective of which car you are driving, decline the extra coverage. Another way you can save money is to gas-up on any fuel that you can find before you return the car. This will save you some extra dollars. If you are planning to travel a long distance, prepay for the full-tank, but return it empty.
Travel Articles1. Logistical Reasons For A Wedding Shuttle Via Pittsburgh Charter Bus Rental
Author: Hire Charter Bus
2. Joint Celebration For The Bride And Groom In A Party Bus Rental Through Phoenix
Author: john wick
3. Are You Planning To India Nepal Tour Packages?
Author: Rakesh Kumar
4. Melt The Stress Away With Honeymoon Limo Service In Gaithersburg
Author: Cheap Limo Service DC
5. Easy Transportation Designation For All Bachelor And Bachelorette Party Plans With Pittsburgh Limo S
Author: Daniel WILLIAMS
6. Celebrate Before Your Marry Via Party Bus Rental Dc
Author: john wick
7. Zimbabwe Travel Agency - Travel Cost Efficiently
8. Wonderful Manaslu Circuit And Tsum Valley Trekking In Nepal For 2018
Author: Landmark Discovery Treks
9. Tips To Plan A Perfect Honeymoon In Manali
Author: Solang Valley Resorts Manali
10. Take The Best Taxi Services During Winter Vacations – Om Travel
11. The Best Ways To Go Through The Northern Lights
Author: Ross Barkely
12. Hire Tullamarine Airport Transfers For A Comfortable And Safe Ride
13. Tour & Travel Company In India
Author: Services International
14. African Island Holiday Packages Can Be Customized To Meet Your Personal Preferences!
Author: Sandy Russell
15. How About Isla Espiritu Santo- A Tourist Must See
Author: Terry Neal