ALL >> Business >> View Article
Don’t Be Duped By International Calling Cards
Total Articles: 39
If you’re in the market for a pre-paid international calling card, be warned that there are lots of bad companies out there that are just trying to get your money.
You don’t have to take our word for it, the UK communication regulating body known as Ofcom launched its own investigation into the international calling card industry and the results weren’t pretty:
• 1 in 10 – the incidence of international calling cards that could not be activated.
• 1/4 – the amount of landline-to-landline calls that were disconnected early.
• 72 – the percentage of advertised minutes that some customers said they never received.
• 0 – in many cases, the amount of times terms and conditions were offered at the point-of-purchase.
Scary, isn’t it? Lots of money stands to be lost by you and gained by big corporations. But there is some hope - not call international calling cards are created equal, and there is a very good chance that if you follow these helpful tips, you’ll find the right one for you.
Rates, fees and charges
One of the most important things to do is to research the rates, fees and charges that you’ll be tied to when purchasing that international calling card. Rates refer to the per minute cost that will be deducted from your pre-paid calling card. The fees and charges should also be listed somewhere on the card or on the company’s site. Make sure you know what you are dealing with so that you aren’t surprised by charges and run out of credit prematurely.
Manage your account
You have to be of the mindset that it’s your money and your responsibility to make sure your international calling card is being accurately billed. Certain providers, like simplecall, give you the ability to check your call log and how you’ve been billed simply by logging on to your account. If you can find a service like this that is online and 24/7, then you should be able to keep up and have a good idea if the company is living up to its promises. This way you’ll be able to head off any troubles before they really arrive.
Word of mouth
Companies can attest to the fact that there is no better advertising than word of mouth. Your friends and family members’ experiences cannot be bought, so it’s always smart to call around and check what people’s various experiences were like with various international calling cards. It’s hard to rely on review sites as different competitors often hire people to write inaccurate information regarding their competition. Ask someone you know or trust and then you’ll know the information you’re getting is real.
So there you have it. You have a start to begin looking into which international calling card will work best for you so that you can be sure that you get value for your money.
SimpleCall provides best call rates to make cheap international calls from USA to allover the World, save your money & enjoy high quality low cost international calls for more info visit us at: http://www.simplecall.com
Business Articles1. Guide To Buy Carbon Fiber Motorbike Parts
Author: Lao Yutang
2. A Smart And Detailed Guideline On Making Your Catalog Pop!
Author: Shawn Nag
3. Busy – Accounting Software By Hk Computers
Author: HK Bookkeeping
4. Waterfront Resort Montauk Yacht Club
Author: Unknown Member
5. Mechanical Sifter By Chitra Machineries
Author: Chitra Machineries Pvt. Ltd.
6. Folders By Patel Printing
Author: Patel Printing
7. World Health Day 2018
8. Expertise In Manufacturing Monitoring, Measurement, Marking Robotics Automation Systems-micro Logics
Author: Micro Logics
9. Benefits Of Prefabhomes
Author: Vishal Shah
10. Here's Why You Should Invest In A Mobile App For Your Business
Author: Surabhi Joshi
11. Cpe Bags: Market, Trend, Andother Things To Know Before Purchase
12. Keys To A Successful Job Search
Author: Umesh Ahirrao
13. Different Design Phases In Fashion
Author: Umesh Ahirrao
14. Buyer’s Guide For Finding A Reliable Commercial Rebar Bender
Author: HOPPT Australia
15. Promote Your New Facebook Page Efficiently
Author: Gaurav Rachewar