ALL >> Insurance >> View Article
Using Effective Claims Management Process For Your Insurance Company
Total Articles: 499
Claims management is one of the key processes of any insurance company. An effective claims management system will have a great positive impact on the company, regardless of its size. It takes care of many operations like opening, closing and reopening of claims, making payments, coordinating with service providers, etc. A good insurance company will manage all these operations efficiently by abiding to the Government rules and at the same time by taking care of the customers.
Managing claims effectively is important to stand strong in the market or to build trust among your customers. This can be a key to differentiate your insurance company from your competitors.
Here are some benefits:
To settle claims in time
Settling claims involves two stages - customer reporting the claim and you as an insurance company investigating and settling it. It is important for you to record, investigate and settle it quickly, adequately compensating the claimant.
An effective system helps your company execute the process flawlessly within time. It helps you in the following three ways to ensure claim settlement happens in time.
• Filing: Claim process starts with claimant's complaint. You can record the complaint and start investigation. Record all the details and examine them carefully in order to avoid fraudulent claims.
• Measuring: After investigation and examination, evaluate the amount if the claim is proved.
• Settling: After evaluating, the claim success is reported to the customer and the amount is settled.
To minimize costs
Minimizing costs is directly proportional to profits of your company. Delay in settlement can cost your company badly. This is because, insurance company will get a share from claim monitoring cost, that customer pays with his premium. The amount your company gets is determined by the swiftness of your claims' settlements.
Another method of minimizing costs is automation. Most of the basic elements of claims process are common to all the claims like first notice of loss (FNOL), segmentation and assignment, investigation, subrogation, etc. So, they can be automated till the common point and the rest of the procedures can be customized at final stages to speed up the process, save costs and to get high customer satisfaction.
To avoid fraudulent claims
Fraudulent claims are the greatest challenge to any insurance company. Insurance companies have to settle claims quickly and at the same time they must avoid fraudulent claims. In a hurry to settle, many companies succumb to fraudulent claims. This will affect company badly especially small insurance companies, who operate with small budgets.
Examining payment history, observing payoff trends and identifying claimants who are claiming frequently will help insurance companies identify and avoid making fraudulent claims. Claims management system can be very helpful in tracking these things.
JDi Data Corporation has provided insurance claims software since 1992. Claims management software from JDi Data is preferred by many insurers, risk managers, and third party administrators for property and casualty, medical malpractice, and specialty lines. JDi Data has built a reputation in quality claims management software with special emphasis on complex litigation.
Insurance Articles1. What To Consider While Buying Business Insurance?
Author: Lans Insurance
2. Avail Mortgage Adviser North London Services To Find Best Deals In The Market
3. Any Car Insurance Quote Online Will Outline The Basic Price Of The Premium Based On The Information
Author: winds lu
4. How To Find A Good Home Insurance Broker
Author: Jason Davis
5. What Makes Accounting Outsourcing In Dubai A Wise Decision?
Author: Fadi Khan
6. The Life Insurance Brokers London Can Help You Choose The Best Policy That Suits To Your Needs
7. Help From Insurance Adjusters For Property Insurance Claims In New Jersey
8. 3 Reasons To Take A Retirement Insurance Plan
Author: Edelweiss Tokio
9. Maldives: The Blue Lagoon
Author: Pranvi Jain
10. Everything Needs To Know About No Credit Check Installment Loans
11. Avail Life Insurance Brokers London Services To Find The Best Policy Suitable For Your Family Needs
12. Know More About Teenage Auto Insurance Why It Is Expensive But Necessary
Author: Charlene Hubbard
13. Top Reasons You May Need Funeral Insurance In New Zealand
Author: Funeral Insurance NZ
14. Critical Illness Insurance, The Way To Ensure The Safety Of Your Loved Ones
Author: Ian Nuwan
15. Insurance In Hong Kong