ALL >> Food,-Cooking-and-Drink >> View Article
Benefits Of Grass Fed Beef
Total Articles: 4
Trying to maintain a healthy diet seems to be a difficult task for most people. What makes this so difficult is because many of the foods that everyone enjoys seem to be bad for you. One of the more common foods that are considered to be bad for the human body is red meat. However, just like with many other things, there is right way and a wrong way to eat red meat. This kind of beef is considered to be the healthier option and here’s why.
A cattle that is fed with grain instead of grass tends to be more fatty. And the fat content in grain fed cattle is primarily unhealthy fat, or saturated fat, the type of fat that sticks to and clogs the arteries. Grass fed cattle is not near as fatty as its grain fed counterpart. In fact, much of the fat found in grass fed cattle is of the healthier variety. This alone makes grass fed beef far superior in quality and a much better choice for those who are trying to remove a lot of fat from their diet.
Healthy fats/vitamins and minerals
Grain fed cattle does not contain near as much healthy fats as grass fed cattle. It really isn’t even close. Grass fed beef is rich in heart healthy omega fatty acids. More specifically they are rich in omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. These are the types of fatty acids that are found in heart healthy foods such as walnuts and fish. When cattle is given grains, it lowers their tissue starts to lower its content of omega fatty acids by a substantial amount. This kind of beef also offers different essential vitamins and minerals as well. This type of beef offers vitamins and minerals such as calcium, magnesium and potassium.
This kind of beef not only offers benefits to the heart, but it has also has shown benefits of lowering the risk of cancer. This is due to its higher content of CLA, or Conjugated Linoleic Acid, which may help your body burn fat and lower the risk of cancer. Upon further review, it is clear that grass fed beef is a much better choice than grain fed beef. However, grass fed may be more costly than grain fed, it is well worth the extra cost. This kind of beef can be found in many different places, there is even grass fed beef online to be found as well.
Food, Cooking and Drink Articles1. Kids Birthday Cakes Are Something Special From Cake.lk
2. Water Company Perth Advice: Be Aware Of Water Intoxication
Author: Alan Scott
3. Spring Water Suppliers Advice On Locating Your Water Cooler
Author: Alan Scott
4. Paper Plates For An Eco-friendly Lifestyle
Author: Anupreeta Chatterjee
5. Enjoy The Real Taste Of Greek Delicacy With Lamb Souvlaki
Author: Mitchell Dundalli
6. Nyc Catering For Your Office | Tour Catering Nyc
7. Reasons You Should Go To American Restaurants In London Right Now
Author: Mathew Gomes
8. Easy To Make 8 Juice Recipes At Home That’s Worth Tasting
Author: Sunny Sharma
9. Trending Technologies Of Food Ordering Business In 2017
10. Regular Pizza Vs Gluten-free Pizza: Which One Is The Best For You?
Author: Patricia Ezell
11. Taste A Little Of Mexico With These Delicious Cheese Quesadilla And More
Author: Shivani Shetty
12. Importance Of Restaurant Mobile App
Author: Apps Marche
13. Kitchen Utility
14. Jabalpur Cake Delivery
Author: Neha Prabhakar
15. Bringing True Excellence To The Table
Author: Vivek Gupta