ALL >> Career >> View Article
Resolving A Conflict At Workplace: Tips For New Hires
Total Articles: 34
Conflicts are common at any workplace. The frequency of conflicts is more among the new hires. Workplace conflicts need not be big, but this is where careers are made or ruined. You should be able to handle workplace conflicts in a proper way to succeed in your career.
Reasons for conflicts among new hires
•Mismatch in outlook
•Lack of awareness - unfamiliar with job role; you may not have idea about the working conditions
•Lack of big picture mind-set
•Lack of social skills - you may not know how to communicate with others properly
•You tend to look from your standpoint only - never think from organisation's point of view
Wrong attitude towards conflict leads to failure
When you are in a conflict with the organisation, you need to resolve it properly. Instead, if you have a negative attitude and stick to your point, you may lose opportunity for personal growth and development. Look at it as an opportunity; otherwise you will not learn anything from the conflict.
When things do not go in your favour, you may feel like quitting the job. Never do it. Because, if you do so, your ability to handle issue falls down. You also lose an opportunity to gain knowledge, skill and understand on how to resolve the issue.
You may go to a new company and blame the previous employer on the conflict. But the new employer easily identifies that you are problematic because employers often think from the organisation's point of view.
How to resolve conflicts at workplace?
The first thing you need to do to resolve the issue is that you need to stop thinking that the fault is on the other side. Only losers will think so.
You need to see if anything is there to change from your end. If you have done the mistake, be humble and accept it. Look for the things you can learn from the conflict.
Opportunity to learn from conflict
Many people fail to understand that conflicts are many times opportunities that teach us how to grow properly in an organisation. You should stick to the job (don't resign) and resolve the issue: you cannot run away when problem arises. Ultimately it is an opportunity to get insights, perspective and understand employers' point of view.
You need to go a long way in the organisation; and for that you need to learn as a new hire. Those who do it properly are most likely to grow quickly to good positions. Management will easily identify such people and makes sure that they are rewarded properly.
Looking for jobs in Hyderabad? Check ‘HIOC Preparation’ section that helps you prepare for a job in the services sector in Hyderabad city. It provides tips, interesting facts and guidance on how to prepare for marketing jobs in Hyderabad.
Career Articles1. Tips To Hire The Right Freelance Graphic Designer In Los Angeles
Author: Tim Donnelly
2. Recruitment Revamped! Questions For A Job Interview That Need Serious Reviewing!
Author: Aman Khare
3. What's The Stage Of Command Training Applications?
Author: Ross Barkely
4. Finding Digital Marketing Jobs In Bangalore
5. Beginnen Wir Mit Den Basics Für Mode Und Schönheit
6. Do’s And Don’ts For Microsoft Training
Author: Mukesh Kumar
7. Disabled People And Internet Home Jobs
Author: Ross Berkely
8. Career Options After Distance Mba Course In Retail Management
Author: Jitendra D
9. Best 8 Countries For Overseas Education And Jobs
Author: orion study abroad
10. How Can A Student Visa Consultant Help You From Getting Your Visa Rejected?
Author: Pranati Roy
11. Top Institutes In Clinical Research In Hyderabad
12. Clifford Beaumont: Uk Retail Sales Tumble
13. Couldn’t Crack Pre-engineering Test? Don’t Worry, Industrial Training Programs Are Here!
14. Top 4 Diploma Courses After 12th Fit For Both Boys And Girls
15. Which Is Best Institute To Learn Digital Markeing In Delhi-ncr?
Author: rakesh verma