ALL >> Legal >> View Article
Burn Injuries And Legal Liability
Total Articles: 49
Burn Injuries and Legal Liability
Proving Legal Liability in Burn Injury Cases Requires Experienced Legal Counsel
In burn injury lawsuits, judges and juries tend to be sympathetic to victims. But defense attorneys use several tactics to fight back.
Few injuries cause as much physical and emotional devastation as burns to the face and body. When those burns are due to the fault of others, the victim should be compensated for both economic and non-economic costs.
A personal injury attorney who specializes in burn injuries can explain to the victim and his or her family how much compensation that can amount to. In addition to all medical and health related costs (emergency care, long-term care, follow-up surgeries, medications, therapy, adaptations of the home or vehicles to accommodate disabilities), the pain and emotional suffering, as well as the interruption of a career and lost wages, all incur significant expense. Burn injuries caused by the negligence of another party should not create such a financial burden on the victim.
In a burn injury lawsuit, the cause-and-effect explanation of the injury plays a critical role. But defense attorneys will attempt to undermine the victim’s case in a number of ways:
Challenge your burn injury expert witness – Burn injury plaintiffs have one or several experts testify as to how the accident happened, what its effects on the victim were and what the long-term prognosis is for recovery. The defense will attempt to undermine the credibility or knowledge of that witness.
Suggest that the injury was due to your own negligence – While juries tend to be sympathetic to burn injury victims, the defense attorney may look for opportunities to show the victim, or a third party, wasinstead responsible for the injury.
Unguarded social media discussion – Lawyers for the defense are allowed to view publicly available information on the plaintiff if they do not violate certain “no contact rules” in the process. This means if the victim/plaintiff voluntarily shares photos, videos or other content on the Internet, it might undermine claims of injury or psychological stress, which can be used against that person in trial.
Because of these and other factors, the victim should engage an experienced burn injury lawyer. Attorneys with experience in burn injuries will choose qualified expert witnesses, construct a strong case strategy and will guide the victim-plaintiff to eliminate extraneous factors (such as Internet postings) that have the potential to undermine their litigation.
Legal Articles1. Why And How To Choose A Criminal Lawyer In Hawaii For An Appeal?
Author: Steve Cedillos
2. Dallas Accidents Cases Need Not To Be Avoided! Let The Wrong One Suffer
Author: Ted B Lyon
3. Why Radvision World Is The Best Option For Immigration Services?
Author: Radvision World
4. Everything About Hiring A Motorcycle Accident Injury Lawyer
Author: Ladas Law
5. The Significant Role Of Immigration Law Firms In London.
Author: Hudson Mckenzie
6. Bail Bond Facts
Author: Emily Stone
7. Why Immigration To Canada Is The Best Option?
Author: Radvision World
8. Six Steps To Attaining Compensation For Accident Injury In Toronto City
Author: Dasilva Legal
9. Know Need Of Living Trust Attorney California
Author: Leah Wilmot
10. The Houston Criminal Defense Attorneys Are The Best To Help You Against Any Criminal Charges
11. Risks And Rewards Of Buying Property In Dubai
Author: hHassan Elhais
12. Massachusetts Workers Compensation Lawyer – Knowledgeable Lawyers Get What You Need
Author: Tina smith
13. Nursing Home Abuse And Negligence – Who Is Responsible?
Author: Tyler Pillay
14. Basic Corporate Laws For Business In Dubai
Author: Hassan Elhais
15. Consult An Employment Lawyer For Issues Regarding Flexible Work hours