ALL >> Shopping-Product-Reviews >> View Article
Fossil Amber Or Fossil Resin
Total Articles: 26
Commonly called amber has the proper terminology as Fossil Resin. This name is given because it is botanical origin’s fossilized resin. Fossil resins reflect many frequencies of light. These lights include blue, green and red and can span the whole spectrum.
According to archeological research, in past, humans used this resin for the purpose of ornamentation. It was considered as gemstone. There was massive industry for making jewelry and other decoration materials from it. But there is something important to note that giving much significance to it is not stable as fossil resin is not forever and diamonds are forever. Diamonds are hard and are having stable crystal bonding of carbon atoms. On the other hand, amber is unstable polymer with structure of covalent chemical bonding.
For giving high value to the younger fossil resins, commercial interests becomes successful in making it valuable to older ones. One term used as Copal in context to derogatory but it doesn’t have any significance from chemistry or paleontology.
Amber fossils extracted from all over the world. Amount of fossil resins are extracted from the Baltic Sea. These are the oldest amber provided in the commercial market. The largest mine for it is in Russia. But it is also founded in many other places Poland and Lithuania. Many trees producing resins are present in the Dominican Republic areas.
There is some misconception about fossil and copal in public. Many books written on it states that there is no amber coming from Colombia. The Colombian amber is called as young copal because it is not yet undergoes through some transformations.
Many internet sources about them are useless and are just replicating nonsense talk as science. One of the most curious examples is that amber will not be able to dissolve in acetone but on the other hand copal can be dissolved in it. Any student of Chemistry can tell that this all concept is false and have no value as well as science is concerned.
For past many decades, now sellers of amber fossil have authenticate that the true and valuable amber fossil is coming from one and only place Europe. Many sellers from Baltic and Dominican Republic said that there are no authenticated ambers founded from Colombia. This all news comes true after repeating it all time. As there is some important saw that if you tell a lie so many times then it becomes true and reality after some period of time. That is what exactly happened with the amber from Colombia.
About the Author:
This article is written by John Dev on behalf of Drfinejewels, this is having topics on blue amber beads for sale and many more.
Shopping/Product Reviews Articles1. How Beneficial The Online Shopping Is!
2. How Convenient The Online Shopping Is!
3. The Best Anniversary Plans That Can Make You Invincible
Author: Anand Tiwari
4. Solitaire Diamond Engagement Rings For Your Bride To Be
Author: Jewellery Cluster
5. Firdous Lawn Collection 2018
6. Be Acquainted With The Advantages Of Using Bathroom Accessories
Author: Ainsworth Dickenson
7. Loungewear For Womens That Encapsulate Versatility And Comfort
Author: Alice Berry
8. Invicta Pro Diver 200m Quartz Blue Dial Inv9204/9204 Mens Watch: Bluesy Enough To Be Appreciated
Author: Jasson Ca
9. Kylie Lipkit-the Perfect Lip-kit, The Best Combination Of Style And Fashion
10. Nixon Corporal Quartz A346-510-00 Men’s Watch: Goodness In An Economical Package
11. Save Energy And Water With The Best Dishwasher For Kitchen
Author: John Oddile
12. The Luxurious Models Of Business Card Holders
Author: Sahah Chan
13. A Look At The Learning Environment In List Of International School In Bangalore
Author: Snehal Desai
14. Buy Julius Marlow Shoes & Feel Comfortable
Author: Green Footwear
15. Fossil Grant Chronograph Leather Fs5118 Mens Watch: An Inexpensive, Modern Classic
Author: Jason Ca