ALL » Legal >> View Article
How Personal Injury Attorneys In Oakland Can Help After A Motorcycle AccidentBy Expert Author: Maggie Malone
How Personal Injury Attorneys in Oakland Can Help after a Motorcycle Accident
In Oakland, or anywhere in California, for that matter, it is legal for motorcyclists to share lanes with car drivers. Otherwise known as “lane splitting,” the term specifically refers to maneuvering between cars to move forward and get to one's destination. It is critical, though, for motorcyclists to follow safety procedures when splitting lanes, and some motorcycle safety courses actually include this in their teaching.
However, there are times when motorcyclists follow every safety measure yet still meet an accident because of an irresponsible driver. If this ever happens to you, know that you have a legal right to file a claim against the careless driver's insurance company, preferably with the help of personal injury attorneys in Oakland. Below are a few reminders on the claims process after a motorcycle accident:
Refuse an interview from the other party's insurance company
It is possible for the other driver's insurance company to make the first move and request an interview with you. While it may seem like they are being considerate and especially concerned at first glance, realize that this is often a tactic on their part to get you to admit to some level of fault in the accident. Afterward, they may use this information against you to justify awarding you with the smallest sum of claim possible, if not completely refuse your claim.
Wait to get your motorcycle repaired
You may be tempted to get your bike repaired immediately after the accident so you can hop on it and get on with your life. However, such a move can be costly especially when the claims process is still ongoing and you haven't properly documented the damage to your bike yet. In addition, a qualified Oakland motorcycle accident attorney can help you win compensation that covers repair costs as well.
Seek medical advice
You may have walked off from the accident unscathed, but never assume that you are 100 percent fine. There are internal injuries that don't manifest immediately after an accident, so seek medical advice and get yourself checked out. Medical professionals can also determine whether you are fine to go back to work or not.
Driving a motorcycle offers the benefit of getting to your destination faster. However, if motorcycle drivers run into neglectful car drivers by some unfortunate chance, they should consider hiring a good lawyer. For more information, visit legalinfo.com/content/motorcycle-accidents/what-to-do-after-a-motorcycle-accident.html.
Legal Articles1. Finish Your Property Related Work Fast With The Estate Lawyer Vancouver Services
Author: John Petter
2. Hiring An Attorney Lessens The Severe Penalties
Author: MICHAEL GREENBERG
3. Top Risks Associated With Ivc Filter Injury And How To Find Perfect Legal Help In Ft. Worth
Author: Nick Feizy
4. Aquel Alquiler Coche Alicante Se Agrupa Un Desperdiciamiento Topológico
Author: Katherina Soto
5. The Lemon Law
Author: Howard Gutman
6. Cuanto Alquiler De Coche En Alicante Zahoria Este Libertarismo Gesticulador
Author: Faith Real
7. Seat Belt Injury Law Firm – The Safety Purpose Of Seat Belts
8. El Alquiler Coches Aeropuerto Alicante Desenlabona Ese Telonero Arbitrador Excepto Un Mecato Sangui
Author: Latia Gaunt
9. Best Interests Of The Child: What Guides Judges’ Decision-making
10. Forensic Document & Handwriting Examiner | James A. Green
Author: James A. Green
11. 7 Must Take Steps After Encountering A Catastrophic Auto Accident In Texas
12. Things To Know About Filing Personal Injury Claims
13. What Steps You Must Follow To File A Medical Negligence Claim
Author: Charlie Alcott
14. Is There Difficulty In Finding Answers To Your Carpet Cleaning?
Author: Helen Raley
15. The Houston Criminal Defense Attorneys Are Experts In Dealing With All Types Of Criminal Cases