ALL >> Legal >> View Article
How Personal Injury Attorneys In Oakland Can Help After A Motorcycle Accident
Total Articles: 3
How Personal Injury Attorneys in Oakland Can Help after a Motorcycle Accident
In Oakland, or anywhere in California, for that matter, it is legal for motorcyclists to share lanes with car drivers. Otherwise known as “lane splitting,” the term specifically refers to maneuvering between cars to move forward and get to one's destination. It is critical, though, for motorcyclists to follow safety procedures when splitting lanes, and some motorcycle safety courses actually include this in their teaching.
However, there are times when motorcyclists follow every safety measure yet still meet an accident because of an irresponsible driver. If this ever happens to you, know that you have a legal right to file a claim against the careless driver's insurance company, preferably with the help of personal injury attorneys in Oakland. Below are a few reminders on the claims process after a motorcycle accident:
Refuse an interview from the other party's insurance company
It is possible for the other driver's insurance company to make the first move and request an interview with you. While it may seem like they are being considerate and especially concerned at first glance, realize that this is often a tactic on their part to get you to admit to some level of fault in the accident. Afterward, they may use this information against you to justify awarding you with the smallest sum of claim possible, if not completely refuse your claim.
Wait to get your motorcycle repaired
You may be tempted to get your bike repaired immediately after the accident so you can hop on it and get on with your life. However, such a move can be costly especially when the claims process is still ongoing and you haven't properly documented the damage to your bike yet. In addition, a qualified Oakland motorcycle accident attorney can help you win compensation that covers repair costs as well.
Seek medical advice
You may have walked off from the accident unscathed, but never assume that you are 100 percent fine. There are internal injuries that don't manifest immediately after an accident, so seek medical advice and get yourself checked out. Medical professionals can also determine whether you are fine to go back to work or not.
Driving a motorcycle offers the benefit of getting to your destination faster. However, if motorcycle drivers run into neglectful car drivers by some unfortunate chance, they should consider hiring a good lawyer. For more information, visit legalinfo.com/content/motorcycle-accidents/what-to-do-after-a-motorcycle-accident.html.
Legal Articles1. 5 Tips For Protecting Yourself After A Slip And Fall Injury In Phoenix, Az
2. What Losses Are Recoverable After A Car Accident In Phoenix?
3. Bad Driving Habits That Can Be Fatal
Author: Christopher A. Richard
4. New Rules Affecting Massachusettsworkers’ Compensation Law
Author: Conston Taylor
5. How Do Immigration Lawyers Help?
Author: Hudson Mckenzie
6. No Additional Burden On Home-buyers Under Gst, Landlords Stay Exempt - Best Time To Buy Property
Author: The Hemisphere
7. Quick Guide For Selecting The Best Personal Injury Attorney For A Slip And Fall Case
Author: Ladas Law
8. Get Aware Of The Right Family Lawyer In Fort Worth
Author: J Kevin Clark
9. Ten Kinds Of Car Accident Injuries That Require You To Hire An Expert Dallas Accident Lawyer
Author: Nick Feizy
10. Boston Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help You Win The Case
Author: Powers Caccavale
11. Top 3 Reasons A Business In London Needs A Commercial Law Firm More Than Ever.
Author: Hudson Mckenzie
12. Who Can File A Wrongful Death Claim In Arizona?
13. When To Seek An Accident Attorney In Comparative Negligence Cases
14. Bail Process: Questions To Ask A Bail Bondsman
Author: Emily Stone
15. Cycle Accident: How To Ask For Compensation
Author: Chris Thayer