ALL >> Legal >> View Article
What Kind Of Assistance Can You Expect From A Reputable Oakland Auto Accident Lawyer?
Total Articles: 3
What Kind of Assistance Can You Expect from a Reputable Oakland Auto Accident Lawyer?
By their very nature, accidents can happen to anybody at anytime, particularly when driving the busy streets of cities like Oakland, California. For this reason, Oakland residents need to be aware of the laws governing car accidents in the state. If you get involved in a major accident where extensive property damage and/or personal injury are involved, it would be wise to seek counsel from an expert Oakland auto accident lawyer.
If the accident is minor, then it may not be necessary to call on a lawyer. However, insurance claims processes may not always be clear cut, and you may find yourself in disagreement with the insurance company about the details surrounding your claims. In cases like these, the services of a lawyer may also prove beneficial.
California is a “fault” state, which means that you can file claims against the other driver for any injury or damage you suffer from an accident. The issue of who is at fault may sometimes be contentious, with either party blaming the other for the accident. A seasoned Oakland personal injury lawyer can help their client establish the fault of the other driver, or clear their own client of fault.
The California Car Crash Law states that a person who has been injured in an accident, or who has incurred property damage, may be compensated for the expenses in treating their injury or fixing their property. In addition to these “actual damages”, the injured party can also seek compensation for any loss of income caused by the injury. Likewise, they can file a claim for emotional and physical suffering.
California laws require minimum insurance coverages that may be used to pay for any injury or damage in an accident. Drivers without insurance must be able to pay for the damage or injury they caused through some other method approved by the court. If you get involved in an accident with an uninsured driver, it would be best to consult with an Oakland personal injury lawyer on what to do next.
In many cases, an accident lawsuit can be avoided through an amicable settlement among the drivers and their insurance companies. However, if you find yourself in disagreement with the other party on such issues as fault or insurance claim amounts, the only recourse may be a lawsuit. For more about California accident laws, visit all-about-car-accidents.com/resources/auto-accident/car-accident-claims/car-accident-settlement-process-california.
Legal Articles1. What To Look For While Searching For Best Corporate Law Firms In London?
Author: Hudson Mckenzie
2. 5 Questions To Ask Before Hiring A Personal Injury Attorney In Albuquerque
Author: Daniel Estes
3. Know What Personal Injury Attorney In Camden County Guides To Your Injury Claims
Author: Howard N Sobel
4. Trustee And Beneficiary Fight Over Interpretation Of Their Father’s Trust…..yet Again
Author: Noelle Minto
5. Myths Debunked On Your Personal Injury Case & Injury Attorney Basking Ridge Nj
Author: Gregg Wisotsky
6. Engaging The Most Professional & Experienced Attorney For Injury Litigations
Author: Chris Thayer
7. Documents To Show Your Delaware County Car Accident Attorney After An Accident
Author: Timothy Barnard
8. Questions You Must Ask Before You Hire Any Real Estate Attorney Wilmington, De
Author: Timothy B. Barnard
9. Things That Indicate You Need A Tax Lawyer
Author: Lester Ong
10. Are You In Need Of A Green Card Lawyer?
Author: Miguel Miller
11. Rafton Family Lawyers
Author: Kate Rafton
12. How To Renewal Itin
13. What You Need To Know About Lawyers In Perth?
Author: Lester Ong
14. The Farjami & Farjami Llp Is The Best Law Firm To Protect Your Intellectual Property
15. Hire Best Traffic Ticket Lawyer Houston To Prove Your Point In The Court