ALL >> Legal >> View Article
What Kind Of Assistance Can You Expect From A Reputable Oakland Auto Accident Lawyer?
Total Articles: 3
What Kind of Assistance Can You Expect from a Reputable Oakland Auto Accident Lawyer?
By their very nature, accidents can happen to anybody at anytime, particularly when driving the busy streets of cities like Oakland, California. For this reason, Oakland residents need to be aware of the laws governing car accidents in the state. If you get involved in a major accident where extensive property damage and/or personal injury are involved, it would be wise to seek counsel from an expert Oakland auto accident lawyer.
If the accident is minor, then it may not be necessary to call on a lawyer. However, insurance claims processes may not always be clear cut, and you may find yourself in disagreement with the insurance company about the details surrounding your claims. In cases like these, the services of a lawyer may also prove beneficial.
California is a “fault” state, which means that you can file claims against the other driver for any injury or damage you suffer from an accident. The issue of who is at fault may sometimes be contentious, with either party blaming the other for the accident. A seasoned Oakland personal injury lawyer can help their client establish the fault of the other driver, or clear their own client of fault.
The California Car Crash Law states that a person who has been injured in an accident, or who has incurred property damage, may be compensated for the expenses in treating their injury or fixing their property. In addition to these “actual damages”, the injured party can also seek compensation for any loss of income caused by the injury. Likewise, they can file a claim for emotional and physical suffering.
California laws require minimum insurance coverages that may be used to pay for any injury or damage in an accident. Drivers without insurance must be able to pay for the damage or injury they caused through some other method approved by the court. If you get involved in an accident with an uninsured driver, it would be best to consult with an Oakland personal injury lawyer on what to do next.
In many cases, an accident lawsuit can be avoided through an amicable settlement among the drivers and their insurance companies. However, if you find yourself in disagreement with the other party on such issues as fault or insurance claim amounts, the only recourse may be a lawsuit. For more about California accident laws, visit all-about-car-accidents.com/resources/auto-accident/car-accident-claims/car-accident-settlement-process-california.
Legal Articles1. Bail Bond Facts
Author: Emily Stone
2. Why Immigration To Canada Is The Best Option?
Author: Radvision World
3. Six Steps To Attaining Compensation For Accident Injury In Toronto City
Author: Dasilva Legal
4. Know Need Of Living Trust Attorney California
Author: Leah Wilmot
5. The Houston Criminal Defense Attorneys Are The Best To Help You Against Any Criminal Charges
6. Risks And Rewards Of Buying Property In Dubai
Author: hHassan Elhais
7. Massachusetts Workers Compensation Lawyer – Knowledgeable Lawyers Get What You Need
Author: Tina smith
8. Nursing Home Abuse And Negligence – Who Is Responsible?
Author: Tyler Pillay
9. Basic Corporate Laws For Business In Dubai
Author: Hassan Elhais
10. Consult An Employment Lawyer For Issues Regarding Flexible Work hours
11. Employment Lawyers Perth
12. Dallas Personal Injuries Increased” – How About Mediation
Author: Ted Lyon
13. Guidebook For Parents In Fort Worth On Child Custody
Author: Kevin Clark
14. Seven Common Traffic Offences That May Bring You Ticket Or Fine In Toronto
Author: Neil Dasilva
15. Fort Worth’s Divorces Are Painful, But It Gets Adjusted Overtime