ALL >> Legal >> View Article
What Kind Of Assistance Can You Expect From A Reputable Oakland Auto Accident Lawyer?
Total Articles: 3
What Kind of Assistance Can You Expect from a Reputable Oakland Auto Accident Lawyer?
By their very nature, accidents can happen to anybody at anytime, particularly when driving the busy streets of cities like Oakland, California. For this reason, Oakland residents need to be aware of the laws governing car accidents in the state. If you get involved in a major accident where extensive property damage and/or personal injury are involved, it would be wise to seek counsel from an expert Oakland auto accident lawyer.
If the accident is minor, then it may not be necessary to call on a lawyer. However, insurance claims processes may not always be clear cut, and you may find yourself in disagreement with the insurance company about the details surrounding your claims. In cases like these, the services of a lawyer may also prove beneficial.
California is a “fault” state, which means that you can file claims against the other driver for any injury or damage you suffer from an accident. The issue of who is at fault may sometimes be contentious, with either party blaming the other for the accident. A seasoned Oakland personal injury lawyer can help their client establish the fault of the other driver, or clear their own client of fault.
The California Car Crash Law states that a person who has been injured in an accident, or who has incurred property damage, may be compensated for the expenses in treating their injury or fixing their property. In addition to these “actual damages”, the injured party can also seek compensation for any loss of income caused by the injury. Likewise, they can file a claim for emotional and physical suffering.
California laws require minimum insurance coverages that may be used to pay for any injury or damage in an accident. Drivers without insurance must be able to pay for the damage or injury they caused through some other method approved by the court. If you get involved in an accident with an uninsured driver, it would be best to consult with an Oakland personal injury lawyer on what to do next.
In many cases, an accident lawsuit can be avoided through an amicable settlement among the drivers and their insurance companies. However, if you find yourself in disagreement with the other party on such issues as fault or insurance claim amounts, the only recourse may be a lawsuit. For more about California accident laws, visit all-about-car-accidents.com/resources/auto-accident/car-accident-claims/car-accident-settlement-process-california.
Legal Articles1. Divorce Lawyer Mumbai
Author: Mayur Pandya
2. 10 Ways How Rera Will Delight The Home Buyers - A Fresher Life Beckons At The Hemisphere
Author: The Hemisphere
3. Indications You Need A Personal Injury Lawyer
Author: Daniel Estes
4. 7 Habits Of A Successful Entrepreneur That The Startup Owners Should Follow
Author: Shruti Kakkar
5. Court Marriage Mumbai
Author: Mayur Pandya
6. Detective Services
Author: Mark Grover
7. Traffic Ticket Lawyer Houston Ensures Your Traffic Ticket Dismissal In The Court
8. Private Detective London – A Private Investigator London Can Perform Discreet And Fast Background Ch
Author: Gary Lee
9. Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Lawyers In Md- Protecting Debitor And Creditor Instantaneously
10. Search Law Firms, Top Advocates, Lawyers
Author: Advacto legal Solutions
11. The Houston Criminal Defense Attorneys Can Help You From The Legal Charges
12. The Experience Of Working With A Work Injury Lawyer In Pennsylvania
Author: Ryan Harvey
13. What Can Springfield Missouri Family Lawyers In Greene County Do For You?
Author: Kirk C. Stange, Esq.
14. Denton Child Custody Attorney: A Perfect And Healthy Solution
Author: Mark N John
15. 15 Common Myths About Child Custody
Author: V. Wayne Ward