ALL >> Legal >> View Article
Call A Seasoned Oakland Personal Injury Attorney To Guide You In Car Accident Insurance Claims
Total Articles: 3
Call a Seasoned Oakland Personal Injury Attorney to Guide You in Car Accident Insurance Claims
The chances of getting into an auto accident can be rather high, particularly on the busy streets of cities like Oakland, California. Fortunately, most reported accidents in the country are minor, fender-bender ones with little or no resulting physical injury. Regardless of the extent of the damage or injury, however, the process for filing car accident insurance claims can be complex, so it is advisable to know what to do in case of an accident.
California Fault Laws
The first thing to keep in mind is that California is a “fault” state. This means that the party who is “at fault” is liable to pay for the damages and injuries that result from an accident. Hence, if you get into an accident in Oakland that may involve a substantial claim amount, you should seek the assistance of a seasoned personal injury attorney in Oakland to help you with the issue of fault.
After the Accident
Because establishing who is “at fault” is important in accident insurance claims, you should be aware of the circumstances surrounding the accident you may find yourself in. The first thing you need to do is to check your condition and call 911 if you or other parties have been injured. If you are not seriously injured, you would be well-advised to get out of your car and assess the situation.
You would need to obtain the other driver's contact information, license number, and their vehicle's license plate and registration numbers. You also need to call the police immediately, as most insurance companies require a police report in insurance claims. Additionally, take photographs of the scene, and obtain the names and contact information of witnesses.
It is also important to immediately inform your insurance company about the accident. If the other party is at fault, you may seek claims from your own insurance company or from the other party's insurance company; alternatively, you could file a lawsuit against the other driver. If you are unsure about the appropriate steps to take, you can request counsel from a reputable Oakland auto accident attorney.
The insurance company will send an adjuster to evaluate the extent of the damage to your car. The adjuster will also be verifying any medical report and bills you may claim for an injury from the accident. For more on what to do in an auto accident, visit: insurance.ca.gov/0100-consumers/0060-information-guides/0010-automobile/so-youve-had-an-automobile-accident.cfm#top.
Legal Articles1. Contact Criminal Defense Lawyer Houston To Safeguard Your Legal Interests
2. How To Find Best Dui Lawyer In New Jersey
Author: Michael Curtis Greenberg
3. Legal Agreement Template
4. Bail Bonds Services Might Help Create A Stressful Time Easier
5. Answering The Question About The Working Of Immigration Lawyer
Author: Kri Law
6. All You Need To Know About The Truck Accidents Attorney
Author: Bkr Law
7. Why To Sought The Assistance Of Truck Accident Lawyer?
Author: Sgro Law
8. Is Hiring A Personal Injury Attorney/lawyer Really Necessary?
Author: MICHAEL T. FRIEDMAN
9. Be Served For The Better In Hiring Car Accident Attorney/lawyer
Author: JON ALAN LAFFERTY
10. Tips On How To Settle Your Slip And Fall Claim
11. Three Things To Look For In A Spinal Cord Injury Attorney
Author: Marcus McGowan
12. How Oklahoma Business Lawyers Can Help You With Gun Trust Law
13. Arizona's Dog Bite Laws And How To Protect Yourself
14. Wrongful Death Attorney - How To File A Wrongful Death Claim
15. 7 Reasons Why Feizy Law Firm Has Got The Best Injury Attorney For Compensation In Dallas
Author: Nick Feizy