ALL >> Legal >> View Article
Call A Seasoned Oakland Personal Injury Attorney To Guide You In Car Accident Insurance Claims
Total Articles: 3
Call a Seasoned Oakland Personal Injury Attorney to Guide You in Car Accident Insurance Claims
The chances of getting into an auto accident can be rather high, particularly on the busy streets of cities like Oakland, California. Fortunately, most reported accidents in the country are minor, fender-bender ones with little or no resulting physical injury. Regardless of the extent of the damage or injury, however, the process for filing car accident insurance claims can be complex, so it is advisable to know what to do in case of an accident.
California Fault Laws
The first thing to keep in mind is that California is a “fault” state. This means that the party who is “at fault” is liable to pay for the damages and injuries that result from an accident. Hence, if you get into an accident in Oakland that may involve a substantial claim amount, you should seek the assistance of a seasoned personal injury attorney in Oakland to help you with the issue of fault.
After the Accident
Because establishing who is “at fault” is important in accident insurance claims, you should be aware of the circumstances surrounding the accident you may find yourself in. The first thing you need to do is to check your condition and call 911 if you or other parties have been injured. If you are not seriously injured, you would be well-advised to get out of your car and assess the situation.
You would need to obtain the other driver's contact information, license number, and their vehicle's license plate and registration numbers. You also need to call the police immediately, as most insurance companies require a police report in insurance claims. Additionally, take photographs of the scene, and obtain the names and contact information of witnesses.
It is also important to immediately inform your insurance company about the accident. If the other party is at fault, you may seek claims from your own insurance company or from the other party's insurance company; alternatively, you could file a lawsuit against the other driver. If you are unsure about the appropriate steps to take, you can request counsel from a reputable Oakland auto accident attorney.
The insurance company will send an adjuster to evaluate the extent of the damage to your car. The adjuster will also be verifying any medical report and bills you may claim for an injury from the accident. For more on what to do in an auto accident, visit: insurance.ca.gov/0100-consumers/0060-information-guides/0010-automobile/so-youve-had-an-automobile-accident.cfm#top.
Legal Articles1. 7 Keys To Improving Lead Conversion For Personal Injury Lawyers
2. Hire Drug Possession Lawyer Houston To Safeguard Your Constitutional Rights
3. For Child Support Issues, Consult The Springfield Missouri Child Support Lawyers In Greene County
Author: Kirk C. Stange, Esq.
4. Why Is It Important To Contact An Attorney In Phoenix?
5. Overview Of The Ins And Outs Of Settling A Car Accident Claim In Scottsdale
6. Seattle Insurance Lawyer To Settle Accident Claims
Author: Chris Thayer
7. Four Crucial Complications That Can Result Immediately After Ivc Filter Transplant
Author: Nick Feizy
8. Who Do I Sue After A Car Accident In Tucson?
9. Check Criminal Records
10. Knowing More About Forfeiture And Bail Bonds
Author: Emily Stone
11. What Does It Take To Hire A Car Accident Attorney
Author: ABetter UCBD
12. Requirements For Proving “inability To Present The Case” - Enforcement Of Foreign Awards
Author: S Ravi Shankar
13. Amazing Guide To Hire The Accident Attorney
Author: Chris Thayer
14. Can You Still Recover Damages - If You Were Not Wearing A Seatbelt
15. St Louis Missouri Divorce Lawyers Can Help You Rebuild Your Life
Author: kirk c stange