ALL » Legal >> View Article
Call A Seasoned Oakland Personal Injury Attorney To Guide You In Car Accident Insurance ClaimsBy Expert Author: Maggie Malone
Call a Seasoned Oakland Personal Injury Attorney to Guide You in Car Accident Insurance Claims
The chances of getting into an auto accident can be rather high, particularly on the busy streets of cities like Oakland, California. Fortunately, most reported accidents in the country are minor, fender-bender ones with little or no resulting physical injury. Regardless of the extent of the damage or injury, however, the process for filing car accident insurance claims can be complex, so it is advisable to know what to do in case of an accident.
California Fault Laws
The first thing to keep in mind is that California is a “fault” state. This means that the party who is “at fault” is liable to pay for the damages and injuries that result from an accident. Hence, if you get into an accident in Oakland that may involve a substantial claim amount, you should seek the assistance of a seasoned personal injury attorney in Oakland to help you with the issue of fault.
After the Accident
Because establishing who is “at fault” is important in accident insurance claims, you should be aware of the circumstances surrounding the accident you may find yourself in. The first thing you need to do is to check your condition and call 911 if you or other parties have been injured. If you are not seriously injured, you would be well-advised to get out of your car and assess the situation.
You would need to obtain the other driver's contact information, license number, and their vehicle's license plate and registration numbers. You also need to call the police immediately, as most insurance companies require a police report in insurance claims. Additionally, take photographs of the scene, and obtain the names and contact information of witnesses.
It is also important to immediately inform your insurance company about the accident. If the other party is at fault, you may seek claims from your own insurance company or from the other party's insurance company; alternatively, you could file a lawsuit against the other driver. If you are unsure about the appropriate steps to take, you can request counsel from a reputable Oakland auto accident attorney.
The insurance company will send an adjuster to evaluate the extent of the damage to your car. The adjuster will also be verifying any medical report and bills you may claim for an injury from the accident. For more on what to do in an auto accident, visit: insurance.ca.gov/0100-consumers/0060-information-guides/0010-automobile/so-youve-had-an-automobile-accident.cfm#top.
Legal Articles1. Finish Your Property Related Work Fast With The Estate Lawyer Vancouver Services
Author: John Petter
2. Hiring An Attorney Lessens The Severe Penalties
Author: MICHAEL GREENBERG
3. Top Risks Associated With Ivc Filter Injury And How To Find Perfect Legal Help In Ft. Worth
Author: Nick Feizy
4. Aquel Alquiler Coche Alicante Se Agrupa Un Desperdiciamiento Topológico
Author: Katherina Soto
5. The Lemon Law
Author: Howard Gutman
6. Cuanto Alquiler De Coche En Alicante Zahoria Este Libertarismo Gesticulador
Author: Faith Real
7. Seat Belt Injury Law Firm – The Safety Purpose Of Seat Belts
8. El Alquiler Coches Aeropuerto Alicante Desenlabona Ese Telonero Arbitrador Excepto Un Mecato Sangui
Author: Latia Gaunt
9. Best Interests Of The Child: What Guides Judges’ Decision-making
10. Forensic Document & Handwriting Examiner | James A. Green
Author: James A. Green
11. 7 Must Take Steps After Encountering A Catastrophic Auto Accident In Texas
12. Things To Know About Filing Personal Injury Claims
13. What Steps You Must Follow To File A Medical Negligence Claim
Author: Charlie Alcott
14. Is There Difficulty In Finding Answers To Your Carpet Cleaning?
Author: Helen Raley
15. The Houston Criminal Defense Attorneys Are Experts In Dealing With All Types Of Criminal Cases