ALL >> Business >> View Article
Characteristics Of A Good Small Business Website
Total Articles: 1
Having a website has become very essential to every business today because of the growing popularity of the Web technologies. Under these circumstances to survive competition, a small business should have a good website. A good website is one that helps you realize the object of doing business without compromising on quality and standards. A good website helps your small business attract the targeted traffic, and ultimately helps you grow in business.
Following are some of the major things to be taken care of while creating a website for your small business.
Structure of a website
Structure of the website needs to be well organized and designed. A website with good structure increases the usability of the website to the users.
Pleasant theme, good colors and relevant images must be used and should be appealing to the users.
All the content must be placed according to the categories and name them with short and apt names.
Internal linking must be easy and sequence of hierarchy must be followed in placing the content of the webpages.
Content of a website
Content in the website is the king. In other words, content is more important than any other aspect while considering usability of the site. It shouldn't be too short or too big and should convey useful information to the user.
Content posted on the website should be informative and free from errors. The content should convey all the useful information about products, services, the company and the brand.
Content should be fresh (updated regularly) with genuine and relevant information.
In short, content of an ideal website needs to be informative, authoritative and persuasive.
Images of the products or any relevant images will help the visitor understand the product well, that gives the customer a visual knowledge of the products/services.
In situations, where a visitor doesn't want to spend much time reading the description of the products, images are helpful.
Posting irrelevant images for attracting the visitors is a bad idea. Visitors come to your website to find useful information on the products/services, the company, etc. Visitors' attention gets distracted by irrelevant images.
Easy navigation would make browsing easy to the users of any category.
Navigating your website should be simple and easy to execute for your audiences.
Navigation should be clear and it should guide the visitor through the internal webpages properly to access the information that he/she is willing to browse.
Theme of a website
Theme of a website must be simple yet, attractive.
Theme of a website should be pleasant, clear and should not be so bright to obstruct user reading.
Theme should be consistent throughout the internal webpages.
A good website should enable the small business owner to promote the business online effectively, to reach the target audience and convert them into loyal customers. From users' perspective, it should enhance user experience and thus should keep them engaged.
SMB Corner started to share insightful and honest opinions, tips and issues on various topics related to small businesses. We create and publish various small business tips, small business news after rigorously analyzing the information for the usability of our visitors and SMB owners.
Business Articles1. Styrene Prices Updates In First Quarter Of 2017
Author: Mirza Zahid Baig
2. Updated And Cost-effective Ibm Crm Users Email Lists To Reach Target Audience At The Right Time
Author: Jordan Smith
3. Opportunities For The Global Continuous Fiber Thermoplastics Market To Grow At A Cagr Of 9.5%
Author: Roy Almaguer
4. What Is The Procedure Of Manufacturing Tissue Paper Using The Toilet Paper Machine?
Author: Zack Kugler
5. Best Property Dealer In Bhopal
6. Bells And Whistles Of A Servo Voltage Stabilizer
Author: R. D. Electric Works
7. Technical Writing For Hr Professionals
Author: NetZealous LLC, DBA TrainHR
8. Best Campers For Your Adventure
Author: Paul Wright
9. Explaining Different Oil Cooling Methods To Avoid Loss In Transformers
Author: Trutech Products
10. How To Control And Monitor Your Sales And Field Force With Actouch Sales Force Automation (sfa) Mobi
11. Web Designing And Web Development Company Toronto
Author: Unknown Member
12. 7 Essential Reasons To Associate With Naswiz Retails Private Limited And Make A Difference To Your L
Author: Shilpa Sharma
13. Save Money And Time With Best Reloading Supplies
Author: SUPPLY DROP
14. Prove Yourself By Showing Your Fashion Taste By Beaded Bracelets
Author: John Winslow
15. Professional International Freight Forwarding Services Offer Best Solutions