ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Tips To Transport Your Pets Safely
Total Articles: 3
Many rules and regulations surround transporting your pet anywhere. Currently, it is possible to take your pets on holiday all around the world. However, it is not as easy as going to the airport, clearing through customs and jetting off; there are some laws that surround pet transport.
There are a few quick checks you need to make before you go for booking your holidays with the intent of taking your dogs, cats or any other pets to a faraway country as it's always better to be safe than sorry.
The main body, which governs the import and export of animals and pet transportation, is Defra. Their primeconcern is keeping animals safe from rabies and thus conducts a scheme known as PETS. Animals that are brought back into the UK from European territories and other countries must meet UK PETS re-entry preparations and have PETS documentation. Here are the main things you need to have done before you travel -
" Rabies Vaccinations - Rabies is a dangerous disease and could be disastrous to the country if there is epidemic, you can have a rabies vaccination from your vet.
" Micro chipping - All pets need to be micro-chipped before traveling; again, the vet can do this for you and your pet's sake.
" Blood Sampling - All the mandatory blood samples have to becollected also. Blood tests are done to make sure that the rabies vaccine is capable enough to protect your animal. The rabies vaccine should be equal to or more than 0.5IU/ml in quantity. Make sure that your vet gives you the documentation mentioning this.
The above-listed checks should have been done before you have your pet leaving the country or before the pet transport agency brings your animal back. There are various other government and non-government organizations that you can call or contact that have useful information regarding transporting your pets to and from the country.
The best and safest thing you can do is to make sure that you have all your documentation complete and vaccinations done before you leave the country. This will make the changeover easier for you and your animal. Most dog transport and cat transportcompanies will have all the details required before you travel and if you have not already arranged beforehand then more often they can even get all the paper work and boosters etc. sorted out for you.
Travel Articles1. Best Hotel In Uganda
Author: Madian Binaisa
2. From Boston To Phoenix Charter Bus Makes A Great Gift For Those Attending Your Wedding!
Author: Hire Charter Bus
3. Hire A Personal Senior Driver Service In New York
Author: Robert Anhouse
4. Finding The Best Hotel Deals On Your Travels
Author: Manisha Nigam
5. Browse Your Options For Holiday Transportation With A Close Eye On Atlanta Car Service
6. Splendid Journey From Civitavecchia Port To Rome
Author: Angeli Buttone
7. Living In Style With Convenience
Author: Mahendra Shah
8. Book Kerala Backwater Holiday Packages For Family
9. Party As You Travel To The Party In San Antonio With Party Bus Rentals
Author: Dylan MITCHELL
10. Whale Watching Adventures In San Diego
11. What Makes Helicopter Tour In Nepal So Unique?
Author: Trekking Agency Nepal
12. Nepal Is Much More Than Just Peak Climbing Adventure
Author: Trekking Agency Nepal
13. De Verschillende Attracties Van Kerala!
Author: Nain Tara
14. Top 3 Mountain Peaks To Check Our During Your Expedition In Nepal
Author: Snowy Horizon
15. All About Fbo And Aircraft Handling Services
Author: Aviation Infrastructure