ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Tips To Transport Your Pets Safely
Total Articles: 3
Many rules and regulations surround transporting your pet anywhere. Currently, it is possible to take your pets on holiday all around the world. However, it is not as easy as going to the airport, clearing through customs and jetting off; there are some laws that surround pet transport.
There are a few quick checks you need to make before you go for booking your holidays with the intent of taking your dogs, cats or any other pets to a faraway country as it's always better to be safe than sorry.
The main body, which governs the import and export of animals and pet transportation, is Defra. Their primeconcern is keeping animals safe from rabies and thus conducts a scheme known as PETS. Animals that are brought back into the UK from European territories and other countries must meet UK PETS re-entry preparations and have PETS documentation. Here are the main things you need to have done before you travel -
" Rabies Vaccinations - Rabies is a dangerous disease and could be disastrous to the country if there is epidemic, you can have a rabies vaccination from your vet.
" Micro chipping - All pets need to be micro-chipped before traveling; again, the vet can do this for you and your pet's sake.
" Blood Sampling - All the mandatory blood samples have to becollected also. Blood tests are done to make sure that the rabies vaccine is capable enough to protect your animal. The rabies vaccine should be equal to or more than 0.5IU/ml in quantity. Make sure that your vet gives you the documentation mentioning this.
The above-listed checks should have been done before you have your pet leaving the country or before the pet transport agency brings your animal back. There are various other government and non-government organizations that you can call or contact that have useful information regarding transporting your pets to and from the country.
The best and safest thing you can do is to make sure that you have all your documentation complete and vaccinations done before you leave the country. This will make the changeover easier for you and your animal. Most dog transport and cat transportcompanies will have all the details required before you travel and if you have not already arranged beforehand then more often they can even get all the paper work and boosters etc. sorted out for you.
Travel Articles1. Top Things To Know About A Luxury Bahamas Yacht Wedding
Author: Alvin Strachan
2. Embrace The Romance With Lax Limo Car Service
Author: Dylan MITCHELL
3. Thailand Travel Tours Guide The Most Wonderful Places To Visit In Thailand
Author: Thailand Tour Packages
4. Enjoy Dubai Shopping Tours
Author: Dubai Shopping Tours
5. Including All Loved Ones With A Bachelor Party In Dc Via Dc Charter Bus
Author: David WILSON
6. 5 Destinations For Day Trips From Ho Chi Minh City
Author: Le Xuan Son
7. 4 Relaxing Activities That You Must Do On Your Grand Cayman Tour
Author: Michael Leacock
8. Best Fujairah Tours Services
9. Budget Annapurna Base Camp Trek - Best For Budget Travelers
Author: Info Nepal Trekking
10. Witness Enchanting Surroundings With Cheap Holidays To Hurghada
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe
11. Acquire Legal Child Adoption Service In Nepal
12. How To Choose Your Vintage Wedding Car Hire In Dublin Smartly!
Author: Padraic O Reilly
13. How Do You Prepare For Cape Town Cycle Tour?
Author: Daily Scandinavian
14. 6 Tips For Discovering The Charisma Of Popular Nz Tour Attractions
Author: Damien McConnell
15. Enjoy The Classic Mera Peak Climbing With Your Friends And Family