ALL >> Health >> View Article
Possible Treatments To Scar
Total Articles: 17
Skin is a seamless organ and it is like a fine cloth that protects our body from harmful external bacteria and fungus. It should be taken care of, but even after proper care, there are chances of accidents to occur and a small tear in this largest organ of the body can greatly affect its appearance by turning out to be a blemish. In addition to this type of unexpected injuries, surgery can also cause scar on the human skin.
If this type of blemish is small or if it is present in an area that can be concealed, there will not at all be any problem. But, when is it located in places like the face and other areas that are open like a hand or foot, it creates great worry thereby forcing people to look for the right kind of scar treatment. Some years ago, it was believed that it will never be possible to remove scars completely, but it was believed that its size and effectiveness can be reduced to a certain extent. But, now with the availability of different treatment options, the blemishes can be completely removed. Now, let us get into the details about the different treatment options available:
Injections: For blemishes that stick out, steroid injections are available and you can consult with your dermatologist in this respect. Your doctor might be employing this treatment alone or other medicines as well along with it. If the blemishes are pitted, injections like collagen or fillers can be used.
Surgical removal: Based on the intensity of your scar, there are different types of surgical alternatives available like laser or dermabrasion, excision, skin grafts, etc.…. If your scar affects your functionality, surgical procedures can be helpful in addressing functional problems. If other types of surgery is the reason for the blemish and if you undergone the same recently, it is better to wait for a minimum of one year before deciding upon surgical treatment. Generally, surgical scars slowly vanish on their own in most of the cases.
Over-the-counter gels and ointments: This is the best, cost-effective and painless alternative for removal of blemishes. There are firms dealing with silicone based gel that has shown great results to the users earlier. They have clearly specified the images of people, who used their gel for scar treatment, before and after using. As there is no pain involved that too when you are procuring the gel simply by sitting at home via their website, you can try them out and will be surprised to see the results.
This content has been taken from http://www.amazines.com/article_detail_new.cfm/6107407?articleid=6107407
Health Articles1. After The Free Qigong Distant Energy Healing
Author: Michael Mohoric
2. That Member Rash: Eczema Or Psoriasis?
Author: John Dugan
3. Explore On The Internet And Make Yourself Free From Oral Issues
Author: Gary Adelani
4. Dental Care Facts You May Not Uncover In Other Places
Author: Bob Smith
5. Pharmasynth Has Been Rated As One Of The Top Pharma Company In The Country
6. How To Get Benefits Of Orthodontics Courses For General Dentists And Orthodontic Online Learning
Author: Kenneth Steven
7. Dr. Bruce Hawley And Lynnwood Orthodontics Only Want The Best For Your Teeth
Author: Alan Greek
8. Invisalign In North Wales Office Qualified Dental Practitioners
Author: Paul Wilson
9. Best Place To Get Dental Care
Author: John Marker
10. 8 Basic Manhood Protection Hacks
Author: John Dugan
11. Neurostimulation Devices Market Is Expected To Grow Cagr Of 14.2% Till 2020
Author: Gomez R
12. Great Christmas Deals On Zopiclone
Author: Great Christmas Deals on Zopiclone
13. If You Are In Need Of An Orthodontist Then Dr. Grider Is The Man For You
Author: Paul Greig
14. The Orthodontist In Mckinney That Will Make You Look Great
Author: Change Albert Ratner
15. Men Can Get Their Best Nutritional Supplement With Naka Nutri Multi For Men