ALL >> Computers >> View Article
Easy Steps To Configure Cisco 2960 Series
Total Articles: 22
Still want to know how to configure Cisco 2960 series for you had brought the brilliant Cisco 2960 series ? Don't Worry! This article will show you the steps to configure Cisco 2960 switch.
Cisco 2960'functions below:
Easy to use and upgrade, these fixed configuration fast ethernet access switches offter superior layers 2 threat defense capabilities and basic Layer 3 static routing with 16 routes.They're equipped with:
8, 24, and 48 Fast Ethernet port configurations
Advanced QoS, rate-limiting, Access Control Lists (ACLs), IPv6 management, and multicast services
Full PoE with up to 15.4W per port for up to 48 ports
After the simple description of the functions of Cisco 2960, now, let's come to the steps of configuring Cisco 2960 series.
1. Connect the RJ-45 end of the cable that resembles a large telephone connector to the switch.
2. Connect the 9-pin d-shell end of the cable to your computer’s serial port.
3. Configure and establish a terminal session to the switch. (You can use any software that provides terminal emulation, and there are several free programs available on the Internet, including CRT, Putty and HyperTerminal.)
4. Set the terminal session parameters to Xon/Xoff flow control, 9600 baud, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit and no parity.
5. Power on the switch and look for the startup messages. Check your terminal session settings if you do not see the messages after a minute or so. Be sure the terminal session settings are correct.
6. Continue to the initial configuration dialog and basic management setup by accepting the defaults of "yes" at the prompts. (You can accept the defaults by just pressing "Enter.")
7. Press “Enter” when prompted for the host name to accept the default of “Switch,” or enter a different host name and press “Enter."
8. Enter the enable secret password, and press “Enter.” Repeat this process for the enable password and the virtual terminal password. Be sure to write down all three passwords and store them in a secure place.
9. If you are prompted about SNMP Network Management accept the default by pressing “Enter.” Enter “vlan1” and press “Enter." This will identify the interface that will be used to connect to the management network.
10. Enter “yes” when prompted to “Configure IP on this interface?” and press “Enter.” Enter the IP address for the switch and press “Enter.” Enter the subnet mask at the prompt and press “Enter.”
11. Enter “no” if prompted to “enable as a cluster command switch,” and press “Enter.” The switch will now display the current configuration, and you will be given three options.
12. Enter “2” and press “Enter” to save the configuration to NVRAM and exit. When the switch returns with its prompt, you are finished with the initial configuration for your Cisco 2960 switch.
After you had done those steps,you will learn deeper about cisco 2960 series to help you solve network problems.This Cisco Catalyst 2960s switches will still continue to make the Cisco family the world's most widely-deployed access switch by addressing business challenges of today.
Computers Articles1. Get Affordable Binary Plan With Nanoarch Software Solutions
Author: nanoarchmlm software
2. Bass Guitar
Author: Compare Guitar
3. How To Troubleshoot Aol Email Error Code 550?
Author: Ellie Williams
4. How Static Security Guard Can Ease Your Pain
Author: Tyler Bond
5. Job Classified Script Portal Is Best For Starting Your Own Online Job Portal
Author: sawati rawat
6. Top It Hiring Firm
Author: Paul Wright
7. Benefits Of Incorporated With Enterprise Resource Planning System
Author: Bowman Ford
8. How To Speed Up Your Laptop
Author: Laptop Home Service
9. Great Data Recovery Service Is What You Need
Author: Sandra White
10. How Does The Advancement Of Co2 Laser For Acrylic Help With Etching Versatility
Author: Rob Hibbs
11. Innovative Approaches To Improve Your Iphone Screen Replacement
Author: Zane Shoebridge
12. The Most Usable And Advisable Courier Tracking Software Version 6.0
Author: sawati rawat
13. Locking Services Would Be Fruitful If You Forget To Lock The Doors Frequently
Author: Tyler Bond
14. Solutions Erp Based Software Can Offer
Author: Robert Miller
15. Get The Unlimited Benefits Of Our Church Giving Mobile Application
Author: Michael Brody