ALL >> Internet-Marketing >> View Article
Why Social Bookmarking Is The New Search Engine
Total Articles: 64
Most people look at social bookmarking as just tagging photos and seeing things others found interesting. This is far from all it is capable of doing. Have you ever searched for something and ended up with dozens or hundreds of pages that don’t relate to the search except having a few words? I have had that happen more than a few times. I have also been guilty of thinking of social bookmarking as a useless tool to make people feel important. However, we can do better searching with social bookmarking that with search engines if things are done right. It is not even that hard to accomplish. Here are a few reasons why.
The Art Of Tagging
Have you ever tagged something online? I’m pretty sure most of us have. Tagging ends up helping a lot of people searching for something particular. Every time you tag something you leave enough for other people to draw conclusions of what was tagged. Tagging is actually one of the biggest helping hands that could ever be given to social bookmarking, as it helps people see what they’re looking at for what it is. That, in and of itself, is one of the best things people could do for each other on the internet.
Why Is Tagging So Important?
Tagging is one of the most used search parameters for the services used. You can set informal tags for people to view your bookmarks with. You can also search for bookmarks tied to a specific tag. Considering all tags are made by people who are browsing the internet, you get the information from someone who understands what the information is about as a whole. Search engines use software so it finds information without comprehending the content itself. That is what makes using social bookmarking services a much more advanced searching option for specifics than using search engines.
What Else Is Used For Searching?
There are a couple of things that cause the most help to searching this way. It may seem that I only refer to tagging, but that seems the most important way. The rest just don’t seem as interesting, or as well know.
• Metadata in the bookmark is used to get the most common information on the linked page.
• Tagging, of course, tells you what everyone who has seen it thinks it relates to through the keywords used.
• Social tagging causes a link to the most commonly used keywords used in tags.
While this seems like a few unimportant things, the more people that contribute to it the more informative it becomes. This can lead you to what you want by painting a giant target on it.
You may not get millions of results for what you search for, but you will get searches that relate specifically what you want. Isn’t that something we all want, to get what we are looking for immediately? Social bookmarking is doing a great job of showing what that looks like.
Internet Marketing Articles1. Start Couponing And Save Money At Gotmatter
Author: Naveen srinivas
2. Why Marketing Your Book Is Important
Author: John Fleming
3. Why Use Instagram To Promote Your Business
Author: Luke Lemke
4. Why Consider Instagram Over Twitter For Marketing Your Business
Author: Luke Lemke
5. 5 Ways To Improve User Engagement On Instagram
Author: Luke Lemke
6. Importance Of An Online Directory For The Construction Industry
Author: John Smith
7. Use The Important Investment Tips To Be More Benefitted
Author: David Johnson
8. Never Ignore These Mobile App Development Suggestions By Digital Marketing Companies
Author: kamlesh varma
9. Top 5 Reason To Hire Digital Marketing Company For Sme’s Business:
Author: Dusyant Kumar
10. The Prominent Uses Of Webcasting In Business Management
Author: Dreamcast UAE
11. It’s Time To Move From Local Stores To E-commerce Websites !
Author: Vijay solanki
12. 10 Reasons Why You Should Enlist Your Construction Business In Online Directory
13. Startup Consulting Firms – Coordination Is Important
Author: Script Technology
14. How To Select The Best Application For Card Processing System
Author: Styling Boostar
15. Brandzam: Unique Website Names At Affordable Prices
Author: parveen kumar