ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
The Mazda6 Earns Iihs Advanced Safety Rating
Total Articles: 2
Safety is an important consideration for just about every vehicle on the road today. Not every car is as safe to get into as others. Some are designed more for speed and handling than they are for getting people around in as safe a manner possible. For families, having a safe vehicle is a paramount concern. For many individual drivers, safety is also a concern when considering a new vehicle. It could be the difference between a person buying a car and passing it over for another. What vehicles are safer than others can also be misleading based on size and appearances. Thankfully, there are institutions out there that test cars to ensure safety levels are uniform.
One such organization is the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, or the IIHS (http://www.iihs.org/). The IIHS is known as one of the top research organizations in the country for automobile safety and is an independent organization. It is supported by several insurance companies to help test and promote vehicles in regards to road safety. Insurance companies offer better rates for vehicles that have higher safety ratings, which is also a boon for motorists. The Institute puts vehicles through several tests to quantify how well they fare in a variety of collisions. It takes a unique vehicle to earn the top IIHS advanced rating.
One vehicle that was recently rated at this level was the Mazda6. The Mazda6 is a mid-sized four door sedan that is stylish, practical and well equipped. While Mazda wanted to make sure the vehicle was a joy to drive with excellent gas mileage, making sure the Mazda6 was safe was also a top priority. The company started with their light, but rigid SKYACTIV frame to provide resistance to impacts along with crumple zones that protected people inside.
The Mazda6 advanced rating does not come just from its protective frame. Mazda has added several layers of laser guided and radar technology in order to help prevent collisions in the first place. One example is the Mazda Radar Cruise Control. A system added to scan for when the Mazda6 might get too close to a car in front of it while cruise control is engaged. The engine will brake and maintain a safe distance away from any cars in front of your vehicle. Smart City Brake Support keeps an eye out for cars in tight traffic and engages brakes early if other vehicles get too close. Rear Cross Traffic Alerts keep an eye out for cars that might encroach on the Mazda6 while backing up.
These are just a few examples of why the Mazda6 earned the IIHS advanced rating for safety. Forward Obstruction Warning Systems and Rear View Monitoring are just a couple of more systems that help keep a driver safe. The local Mazda dealer has more information for buyers on why it is the Mazda6 is an excellent vehicle for so many people. Drop in today to get better acquainted with one of the most advanced and safest vehicles on the road today.
Atlantic Mazda is your Moncton Mazda Dealer specializing in new, used and certified Pre-owned Mazda vehicles. If you are searching for Mazda dealers using the keywords Mazda Salisbury or Mazda dealer, visit our dealership today.
Automobiles Articles1. Give Your Vehicle The Extra Mileage It Seeks
Author: James Elston
2. Lessons That Will Teach You All You Need To Know About Certified Driving School In Chadstone
Author: Mark Watson
3. Reasons Auto Carwash In Kingston Is Sweeter Than Christmas Morning
Author: Rhys Gibson
4. Sell The Old Car & Purchase A Brand New One On Vehicle Part Exchange
Author: Ewan Thorpe
5. The Simplest Ways To Make The Best Of Harley Davidson Fabric Brisbane
Author: Levi Fysh
6. Get A Valid And Authenticated International Driving License Oman
Author: Mr. Vince Joe
7. Stevens 112 Ford Has Received The Prestigious President's Award Courtesy Of Ford Motor Company!
8. Car Dealer Selling New Cars At Reasonable Price
9. Best Online Shop For Genuine Auto Spare Parts In Dubai, Uae
10. Most Common Vehicle Registration And Titling Issues
Author: ABA Auto Registration
11. Creating A Magnificent Experience Of Luxury Riding-db Luxury Cars
12. How To Choose Best Auto Repair Gainesville?
Author: Berrisford Smith
13. Here’s The Rundown Of The Supportive Points To Keep Your Car In Good Working Condition
Author: My Tyre Point
14. Driving Experience With Rentarace
15. Useful Traveling Tips For Those Who Wish To Visit Auto Carwash In Sutton Area
Author: Rhys Gibson