ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Total Articles: 312
There are many different aspects that are taught during defensive driving training.
They range from simple techniques, such as slowing down when approaching a stationary school bus, to more advanced techniques that teach the driver to control a vehicle that has started to lose control in slippery road conditions.
Defensive driving is not just for those people who have had a court order to attend a course after receiving a traffic offence. Defensive driving will benefit almost anyone who operates a motor vehicle.
Many defensive driving courses are held at local race tracks where the students are safe in the knowledge that there aren't any other road users to contend with.
The courses involve car handling skills, by driving through cones placed at varying spaces whilst approaching at various speeds.
Other tests involve sudden braking on slippery surfaces and cornering on equally slippery surfaces.
Drivers are also taught how to react when unusual events occur, such as a child running out onto the road to chase a ball.
Many defensive driving courses have specially modified vehicles that are designed to allow the occupants to experience the effects of lost driver control through a skid.
It is through this knowledge of how a Car can lose control, and the specialist advice that they are taught that the driver learns to handle the situation if it occurs.
Defensive driving courses teach, first and foremost, how to avoid certain circumstances, and then secondly, if these circumstances are unavoidable, they teach the driver the best solution to handle the vehicle safely.
Good driving habits are also a priority in the courses with drivers taught to allow sufficient room between themselves and the cars they are following to stop safely in an emergency braking situation.
For anyone who is considering attending a defensive driving course, it is wise to check first with the local authorities for advice on which providers offer the best services.
Automobiles Articles1. Is Your Next Vehicle A Luxury Car?
Author: Mike Hamby
2. Choose Auto Repair Shop Where Mechanic Give An Accurate Diagnosis
Author: Haggerty Ford
3. How To Detail Car Like A Pro
Author: neel patel
4. Things You Probably Didn't Know About Sell Your Car
Author: Ewan Thorpe
5. Lessons That Will Teach You All You Need To Know About Auto Care
Author: James Elston
6. How Car Valeting In Sutton Can Increase Your Profit!
Author: Rhys Gibson
7. Different Ways Of Finding Custom Choppers On Sale In Brisbane
Author: Levi Fysh
8. Tips To Find The Best Auto Financing Rates
9. Points To Know When Financing New Car
Author: haggerty ford
10. Two Great Tips That Can Help You Maintain Your Bmw Luxury Car Better
Author: BMW Bavaria Motors
11. 3 Tips For You To Be Careful While Buying A Used Luxury Car
Author: BMW Parsoli Motors
12. Carbon Folding Bike – Folding Bicycle Is Designed To Deliver Maximum Convenience And Benefit For The
Author: Paul Pinigis
13. Essential Tips For Purchasing A New Car
14. Australian Transport Fuel Tanks On Show Across The World
15. Car Essentials – Things You Should Always Have In Your Car
Author: neel patel