ALL >> Health >> View Article
All You Need To Know About Saliva Drug Test Kits
Total Articles: 499
Saliva drug test kits are devices that are used to detect illicit drug abuse using saliva as a test sample. Saliva test kits are easy to use, reliable and accurate. In this article, we discuss these kits briefly.
How to these kits work?
• A saliva test kit comprises a saliva sample collecting part and a test part. The test sample is collected in the collecting part. A sponge piece in this part has to be full with saliva.
• Make sure that the person who undergoes this test does not have any food or drink in mouth.
• Change in color occurs in test part of the kit if small amounts of drugs are there in the saliva.
Drugs detected using saliva drug test kits
You can use these kits to detect drugs in SAMHSA-5 group, namely, amphetamines (amphetamines, methamphetamines, speed), cannabinoids (marijuana, hash), cocaine (cocaine, crack, benzoylecognine), opiates (heroin, opium, codeine, morphine) and phencyclidine (PCP).
How is saliva drug test administered?
• Saliva is collected from the person by swabbing or spitting. The spit sample enables the test administrator to conduct the test multiple times.
• The saliva test can be administered at home (using a home kit), workplace or in a clinic. If it is conducted in a clinic, a swab is kept in mouth (under the tongue or between cheek and gums).
• The time length might be a few minutes until the swab collects enough saliva. Then, the swab is sent for clinical examination.
Who uses saliva tests?
Certain groups of users such as employers, law enforcing agencies, insurers and parents. We discuss each briefly.
• Employment screening
Employers use saliva drug tests as a pre-employment screening measure. It is important to note that under Federal government law, employers need to screen for each drug detected by saliva drug tests before placing the applicant in employment.
• Law enforcement
Police undertake testing on suspected drug abusers. Saliva tests are simple and convenient for the authorities to conduct. This helps them prevent accidents and resultant fatalities.
• Insurance medical checks
For insurers it is important to know the status of their prospects health. They charge higher premium for drug users because such people are a high risk group. Saliva testing helps insurers to determine the premium.
Home saliva drug test kits are useful for parents who suspect their kids being under the influence of illicit substances. These kits rule out the need to go to a professional or a hospital. Parents can use these kits in the privacy of their home.
Pros and cons of saliva test kits
• Saliva drug test kits are non-invasive and convenient. They are easy to use and reliable, and do not need professional help.
• A single sample is enough to test for major drugs that are mentioned in a preceding paragraph.
• These kits show results fast - within a few minutes and are accurate.
• These kits are inexpensive. Therefore, they are useful for large scale use such as workplace drug testing done by employers.
• These kits cannot detect the presence of drugs in a person if the time is more than 24 hours of use of the drug.
Saliva drug test kits are made according SAMHSA cut-off norms and benefit all - employees, employers, parents and educational institution.
Drugteststrips.com is an online store offering reliable and FDA approved drug test kits at affordable prices. Our marijuana testing kits can detect thc in a urine specimen without the use of additional instrument. The Marijuana home drug test is a simple to administer dip-and-read test and is designed to detect marijuana in urine. Visit our website www.drugteststrips.com for more information.
Health Articles1. Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (cabg)
Author: Dr.Budhaditya Chakraborty
2. How To Overcome And Manage Stress?
3. Two Famous Services Offered By Dublin Hypnosis Clinic
4. How Can Hypnosis Be A Solution To Weight-loss?
5. Hypnotherapy For Anxiety And Panic
6. How Hypnosis Helps To Deal With Fear And Phobias?
7. How To Cope Up With Depression
8. Dublin Hypnosis Clinic Major Services
9. Give Your Healthcare Team The Power To Increase Cash Flow
Author: John Thomas
10. Tips For Backing Away From Excessive Self-pleasuring
Author: John Dugan
11. Make Sure That You Keep Your B12 Levels Up With Natural Factors B12 Methylcobalamin 1000 Mcg!
Author: Smith Vicctor
12. The Problem Of Depression During Pregnancy
Author: Swati Desai
13. As Cancer Survivor Numbers Grow, Support Needs Rise
14. Things To Consider When Getting Invisalign In Oshawa Or Whitby, Ontario
Author: Finn Valor is an author of this article.
15. The Major Noteworthy Of Orthodontic Molar Bands
Author: Sino Ortho