ALL >> Health >> View Article
All You Need To Know About Saliva Drug Test Kits
Total Articles: 499
Saliva drug test kits are devices that are used to detect illicit drug abuse using saliva as a test sample. Saliva test kits are easy to use, reliable and accurate. In this article, we discuss these kits briefly.
How to these kits work?
• A saliva test kit comprises a saliva sample collecting part and a test part. The test sample is collected in the collecting part. A sponge piece in this part has to be full with saliva.
• Make sure that the person who undergoes this test does not have any food or drink in mouth.
• Change in color occurs in test part of the kit if small amounts of drugs are there in the saliva.
Drugs detected using saliva drug test kits
You can use these kits to detect drugs in SAMHSA-5 group, namely, amphetamines (amphetamines, methamphetamines, speed), cannabinoids (marijuana, hash), cocaine (cocaine, crack, benzoylecognine), opiates (heroin, opium, codeine, morphine) and phencyclidine (PCP).
How is saliva drug test administered?
• Saliva is collected from the person by swabbing or spitting. The spit sample enables the test administrator to conduct the test multiple times.
• The saliva test can be administered at home (using a home kit), workplace or in a clinic. If it is conducted in a clinic, a swab is kept in mouth (under the tongue or between cheek and gums).
• The time length might be a few minutes until the swab collects enough saliva. Then, the swab is sent for clinical examination.
Who uses saliva tests?
Certain groups of users such as employers, law enforcing agencies, insurers and parents. We discuss each briefly.
• Employment screening
Employers use saliva drug tests as a pre-employment screening measure. It is important to note that under Federal government law, employers need to screen for each drug detected by saliva drug tests before placing the applicant in employment.
• Law enforcement
Police undertake testing on suspected drug abusers. Saliva tests are simple and convenient for the authorities to conduct. This helps them prevent accidents and resultant fatalities.
• Insurance medical checks
For insurers it is important to know the status of their prospects health. They charge higher premium for drug users because such people are a high risk group. Saliva testing helps insurers to determine the premium.
Home saliva drug test kits are useful for parents who suspect their kids being under the influence of illicit substances. These kits rule out the need to go to a professional or a hospital. Parents can use these kits in the privacy of their home.
Pros and cons of saliva test kits
• Saliva drug test kits are non-invasive and convenient. They are easy to use and reliable, and do not need professional help.
• A single sample is enough to test for major drugs that are mentioned in a preceding paragraph.
• These kits show results fast - within a few minutes and are accurate.
• These kits are inexpensive. Therefore, they are useful for large scale use such as workplace drug testing done by employers.
• These kits cannot detect the presence of drugs in a person if the time is more than 24 hours of use of the drug.
Saliva drug test kits are made according SAMHSA cut-off norms and benefit all - employees, employers, parents and educational institution.
Drugteststrips.com is an online store offering reliable and FDA approved drug test kits at affordable prices. Our marijuana testing kits can detect thc in a urine specimen without the use of additional instrument. The Marijuana home drug test is a simple to administer dip-and-read test and is designed to detect marijuana in urine. Visit our website www.drugteststrips.com for more information.
Health Articles1. Getting A Tattoo? How To Ease Male Organ Pain
Author: John Dugan
2. Cannabinoids For Pets - What’s The Truth?
3. Adrenal Fatigue Is Behind Your Anxiety
4. Hip Pain Symptoms That Urgently Require A Doctor’s Attention
Author: Shalby Hospitals
5. Diet For Breastfeeding Mothers - Essential To Remain Healthy After Having A Baby
Author: Payal Bhatnagar
6. What Should A Mom Eat While Breastfeeding?
Author: Payal Bhatnagar
7. Symptoms Of Sleep Apnea
Author: Andrew William
8. Some Important Ways To Stop Snoring
Author: Andrew William
9. Factors That Make Olive Oil A Hit In Your Homes
Author: Leonardo olive oil
10. Natural Hemp Products From The House Of Green Roads World- Authentic, Affordable, & Legal
11. Expert Advice To Find The Right Neurologist In Arizona
12. Remain Positive While Fighting Cancer
Author: Stuart Spindlow
13. Custom Foot Orthotics For Different Foot Disorders
Author: Charlie Tyler
14. How To Cure Snoring Problems
Author: Ross Barkely
15. 3 Therapeutic Properties Of Cbd That Makes It An Ultimate Resort For Various Illnesses