ALL >> Business >> View Article
The Purpose And Scope Of Line Stopping And Hot Tapping
Total Articles: 533
PURPOSE AND SCOPE
This procedure applies to the act of welding or cutting on unlined metal piping, tanks, vessels or other operating equipment. It is used without emptying, purging, or blinding the steps to prepare the repair area. This process also applies to burning or welding of the external attachments on the equipment that has not been purged of the flammable materials.
The definition of hot tapping- It is a technique that is used for attaching a welded branch fitting to the piping equipment. It is used in service and then creating an outlet in that pipe or the equipment by drilling or cutting a portion of the piping, or the equipment with the fixed fitting. Basically, it is hot work that is done on the equipment or the service. The hot work includes welding, burning torches, abrasive blasting, portable grinders, or any other heat or spark producing equipment.
Hot tapping services include the use of specialized equipment and highly trained technicians who make a hole in a present pipe. The pipe must contain a liquid or steam when the outlet is still under pressure and in service. This process permits the addition of new branches without any halt of flow or leakage.
If the system is shut down, then the process plant might comprise of closing one or more production units for several hours and may be even for several days. Due to this plant owners will be concerned about the lost production time and how to bring back the production back on time efficiently.
You must consider the option of line stopping or hot tapping when- The commercial buildings require a branch line that is added to the current line and in this scenario shutting down is not an option.
Mainly a bypass line needs to be established before the main shut off happens from the valve and it can be changed, or it can be serviced. The two hot taps can be done from any of the sides for the main shut off to happen, so as to provide a temporary or a permanent bypass loop in the process.
The procedure of hot tapping comprises of a basic run-through process which connects the hot tap machine to the valve and then proceeds to slit a hole through the valve. The compartment of the hot tap gets filled up and the air is released and the valve is closed off.
Advantages of Hot Tapping
• It avoids the draining of the system
• Daily operations experience no major disruption
Business Articles1. Information About The Materials That Used In Electric Bike
Author: Larry Bushart
2. Virtual Office In Switzerland – Breaking The Conventional Idea Of Office Space
Author: Mr Dimitri Rusca
3. An Idea About The Rising Damp Treatment
Author: George Dean
4. An End-to-end Retail Management Solution For Small/medium Retail Business
Author: Adam Smith
5. Virtual Office In Geneva – What Are The Advantages Of Having One
Author: Mr Dimitri Rusca
6. Get Excellent Cleaning Of Tiles With Tiling Work Dubai
7. About The Digital Marketing Solution Providers And Local Marketing Services At Cyber Flavors
Author: Unknown Member
8. Bike & Bicycle Shelters- Order For Installations
9. Servo Voltage Stabilizer - What It Is And Why Is It So Important?
Author: R. D. Electric Works
10. Living With Mould In Your Home
Author: Fred Lydick
11. Different Types Of Water Pumps And Their Uses
Author: Gbenga Kukler
12. Laser Cutting
Author: Emily Stone
13. Why Don’t More Agencies Have In-house Translators?
Author: Shreya Gupta
14. Arturo Fuente Gran Reserva
Author: Arturo Fuente Gran Reserva
15. L'entrepreneur Denis Vincent Et Son Histoire Génial De Succès
Author: Denis Vincent