ALL >> General >> View Article
How To Repair Corner Beads
Total Articles: 2
How to Repair Corner Beads
Damage to corner beads in not uncommon in heavily used living spaces. Many times the damage is from the impact of a large item. While most corner beads are made from thin metal, some are vinyl. If something bumps the corner, the metal or vinyl will easily bend, making the corner look flat and crooked. Repairing the corner bead(http://www.ibeats-uk.com/beats-by-dr-dre-studio-high-definition-headphones-silver.html) entails making the corner look pointed and straight once again and restores the look of your home.
1. Use a 1 1/2-inch taping knife to remove the drywall over the damaged portion of the corner bead. Push the tip of the knife into the wall 1 to 2 inches and peel the drywall back. Do this on both sides of the corner.
2. Use a hammer to gently tap the corner bead back into a 90-degree angle. Tap lightly on either side of the corner bead to achieve the best look. Minor dents made to the corner this beats will be covered with drywall mud. Do not hammer a vinyl corner bead. For minor damage, patching with new drywall mud will correct the problem.
3. Apply the drywall mud to the corner with a 6-inch taping knife. You will need to fill in the removed portion of drywall so that it is flush with the surface of the finished wall. Smooth this coat out as best as you can and wait for it to completely dry.
4. Hold the 6-inch taping knife at a 45-degree angle. Lightly scrape it up and down the dry mud to remove any bumps. Shape the mud to a 90-degree angle.
5. Apply a second coat of drywall mud. Try to make it as smooth as you can and work to keep the corner angle at 90 degrees. Wait for this coat to dry completely.
6. Rub the edges of the new corner with a headphones cloth to blend it with the existing drywall. Make sure the new corner is flush with the existing drywall and is smooth.
7. Apply spray texture to the new drywall to match the texture on the existing drywall. Prime the new area and paint it to match the wall color.
General Articles1. Samsung Galaxy S6 Phone Repair Issues
2. Procedure To Configure Gmail Account In Microsoft Outlook 2016 And Gmail Help (866)324-3o42
Author: Rebbeca Smith
3. The Iphone Repairs Sunshine Coast Is A One Stop Shop For All Computer And Electronic Repairs
4. West Coast Escalator Cleaning – Quality Services At Your Doorstep
Author: Arlow Moreland
5. Ball Dresses
Author: Musi hudson
6. Tips To Purchase The Best Verre Trempév
Author: parveen kumar
7. When You Need To Hire Roofing Companies In Oklahoma?
Author: Fred Lydick
8. Having A San Francisco City Hall Wedding
Author: Sia Benet
9. Sharepoint Roles And Responsibilities
Author: Riya Arora
10. Seo Scope As A Career In India: For Seo By Seo
Author: Riya Arora
11. What Are The Different Types Of Flexible Cable?
Author: Nanshi Pacheco
12. Post Market Surveillance Needs To Be Robust To Avoid Penal Regulatory Action
Author: Event Manager
13. Manav Infra Projects: Experts In Infrastructure Development Domain In India!
Author: Manav Infra
14. Why Branding Is A Non Negotiable Investment In The Fresh Produce (ffv) Space!
Author: Asha Sampath
15. Cavity Wax - Things You Should Be Aware Of!
Author: Efrain Rivas