ALL >> Fashion-Costume >> View Article
Designer Salwar Kameez Styles And Fashions Over The Years
Total Articles: 163
Over the years, Indian ethnic wear and Indian jewelry styles have definitely gained much popularity on the global platform. Apart from the traditional sarees, another Indian ethnic wear style which has gained much popularity is the salwar kameez. The salwar kameez is an indian ethnic wear style which is typically adorned by women in the areas of Northern India. The salwar kameez consists of three parts – the salwar, the kameez and the dupatta. The salwar is the bottom of the outfit, the kameez is the top of the outfit, and the dupatta is a shawl-like piece of long cloth which is carried across the shoulders when wearing a salwar kameez. The kameez comes in many different lengths, it can be sleeveless, half-sleeve or full-sleeve. There are also many different styles of salwars, such as Punjabi salwars, Pakistani salwars, Patiala salwars and Churidar salwars.
The salwar kameez also comes in many different styles. It can be plain, casual or fomal depending on the occasion. The embroidery work on this indian ethnic wear style is certainly something to look out for. When wearing a salwar kameez to a formal event, the embroidery work on the piece is usually done with appliques such as resham, zari, gota patti, zardosi and stone. For casual wears, the embroidery work usually consists of thread and print work.
Another salwar kameez style which has become popular over the years is the anarkali suit. The anarkali suit consists of a long, frock-style top which is known as the anarkali. The salwar, also known as the churidar, for an anarkali is usually slim, similar to that of leggings. The anarkali suit is fitted on the bust area and then features large pleats flowing around the leg area. The length of anarkali usually ranges from floor length to mid-knee. The anarkali is a popular style which is found mostly in Northern India, Pakistan and Middle-Eastern areas of the world.
The third most popular style of the salwar kameez is the churidar kameez. The churidar kameez features a top which is usually like a kurta and a churidar which is slim, similar to leggings. The churidar kameez also includes a dupatta, just like a Punjabi salwar kameez and an anarkali suit. The churidar kameez is a popular wear all throughout India.
The salwar kameez is a very popular Indian garment style and has definitely left a mark on us with its unmatched style and comfort. Many styles of designer salwar kameez, designer anarkali suits and designer churidar kameez can also be purchased through Indian fashion designers.
Lashkaraa is an e-commerce platform which carries a large range of Indian salwar kameez styles. To view more of Lashkaraa's collection and to learn more about salwar kameez, visit them here: http://www.lashkaraa.com/collections/designer-salwar-kameez
Fashion/Costume Articles1. How To Choose Halloween Costume For Charming Look?
2. Purchase Best Designer Kurtis Online
Author: Sonali Lad
3. Pilaeo Charms With Mens Floral And Printed Shorts Selection
4. 5 Wardrobe Staples For Ethnic Wear In India
Author: Swapna Yadav
5. Why Fashion Is Important For Adolescents Too…….
Author: Nilesh Thakkar
6. Handcrafted To Perfection, Jewelry That Agelessly Beautify Us
Author: Olivia Henriques
7. Great Things Worth Knowing About Plus Size Styling
Author: Hampry Gomes
8. Embrace Your Beauty With Unique Alma Jewelry
Author: Liza Miele
9. Ladies!! Grab On Beatbox Premium Apparels To Stand Out From The Crowd
10. Omega De Ville Prestige Co-axial Chronometer 4188.8.131.52.02.002 Mens Watch| Understated, Elegant, C
Author: Jasson C
11. The Bold And Stylish Leather Bags For Men
Author: Sanjay Saha
12. Tips For Buying A New Mattress
13. Don’t Miss The Trend Of Stylish Dresses
Author: Prazat Kumai
14. Create A Style Statement In Short Sleeves T-shirt, Dad Hats And Snapbacks
15. Unique And Unknown Features Of African Fabrics And Clothes
Author: anil kumar