ALL >> Fashion-Costume >> View Article
Designer Salwar Kameez Styles And Fashions Over The Years
Total Articles: 170
Over the years, Indian ethnic wear and Indian jewelry styles have definitely gained much popularity on the global platform. Apart from the traditional sarees, another Indian ethnic wear style which has gained much popularity is the salwar kameez. The salwar kameez is an indian ethnic wear style which is typically adorned by women in the areas of Northern India. The salwar kameez consists of three parts – the salwar, the kameez and the dupatta. The salwar is the bottom of the outfit, the kameez is the top of the outfit, and the dupatta is a shawl-like piece of long cloth which is carried across the shoulders when wearing a salwar kameez. The kameez comes in many different lengths, it can be sleeveless, half-sleeve or full-sleeve. There are also many different styles of salwars, such as Punjabi salwars, Pakistani salwars, Patiala salwars and Churidar salwars.
The salwar kameez also comes in many different styles. It can be plain, casual or fomal depending on the occasion. The embroidery work on this indian ethnic wear style is certainly something to look out for. When wearing a salwar kameez to a formal event, the embroidery work on the piece is usually done with appliques such as resham, zari, gota patti, zardosi and stone. For casual wears, the embroidery work usually consists of thread and print work.
Another salwar kameez style which has become popular over the years is the anarkali suit. The anarkali suit consists of a long, frock-style top which is known as the anarkali. The salwar, also known as the churidar, for an anarkali is usually slim, similar to that of leggings. The anarkali suit is fitted on the bust area and then features large pleats flowing around the leg area. The length of anarkali usually ranges from floor length to mid-knee. The anarkali is a popular style which is found mostly in Northern India, Pakistan and Middle-Eastern areas of the world.
The third most popular style of the salwar kameez is the churidar kameez. The churidar kameez features a top which is usually like a kurta and a churidar which is slim, similar to leggings. The churidar kameez also includes a dupatta, just like a Punjabi salwar kameez and an anarkali suit. The churidar kameez is a popular wear all throughout India.
The salwar kameez is a very popular Indian garment style and has definitely left a mark on us with its unmatched style and comfort. Many styles of designer salwar kameez, designer anarkali suits and designer churidar kameez can also be purchased through Indian fashion designers.
Lashkaraa is an e-commerce platform which carries a large range of Indian salwar kameez styles. To view more of Lashkaraa's collection and to learn more about salwar kameez, visit them here: http://www.lashkaraa.com/collections/designer-salwar-kameez
Fashion/Costume Articles1. Be A Show Stopper With Michael Kors Bags!
2. 5 T-shirt Designs That Will Never Go Out Of Fashion
Author: Maulik Shah
3. What Are The Benefits Of Buying African Fabrics?
Author: Anil kumar
4. What Is The Perfect Business Attire For Women?
5. How To Look More Confident In Your Business Attire?
6. What Kind Of Skirt Suits Is Mostly Appropriate In Offices?
7. Luminox Land Sentry 0200 Series Swiss Quartz 100m Xl.0201.bo Men's Watch| When Hands-free Timekeepin
Author: Jasson C
8. Find Beautiful Designer Jackets For Womens Online
9. Factors To Consider When Buying High Heels
Author: Sam u
10. Bridesmaid Dresses - Get Your Bridesmaids Shine On Your Wedding Day
11. We Wanted To Create Something The Kids Wanted To Wear And Look Really Smart In
Author: nilesh Thakkar
12. The Useful Way To Choose Affordable Ball Gown Wedding Dress
13. Finding Uk Plus Size Swimwear Quickly And Easily
14. Why Diamond Jewelry Is The Best For Every Occasion
Author: Archana Pandit
15. All Kinds Of Occasion Dresses
Author: Ariel Udress.co.nz