ALL » General >> View Article
Your Next City Break In Gerona!By Expert Author: Muchosol Muchosol
Summer has already finished. The temperature is lower, sun is not so strong anymore and the seawater is colder. It is a great time to organize a trip and visit one of the most colorful cities of Catalonia. Gerona is a perfect place for a city break, you won´t regret it!
Gerona is a capital of the province of the same name and is located only one hour from Barcelona. This is one of the most popular holiday destinations of this region. There is everything you need to spend amazing time- beautiful monuments, outstanding food and fantastic architecture. Search costa brava apartments and experience unforgettable atmosphere of this place.
For sure, the first thing you will notice after coming to Gerona, are red-yellow flags on almost each balcony. This is a symbol of the independence of Catalonia. You should also know that most of people speak Catalan language. Gerona is well known for great cuisine. If you decide for a self catering costa brava, you will have an opportunity to try all traditional dishes. In this city there are lots of restaurants and bars where you can eat famous ´tapas´. For a dessert we recommend you the local specialty ´Xuixo´. It is a sugar-dusted pastry filled with delicious cream. You will love it!
One of many things to do in Gerona is exploring the Old Town and Jewish Quarter. You will have an opportunity to enjoy long strolls through its narrow streets. The atmosphere of this place is unique. This part of the city is beautifully preserved, making the city´s main attraction. Later, you should visit the cathedral of Gerona which was used by Moors as a mosque. It is a mix of styles. Besides, in the city there are many bridges with lover´s padlocks.
If you are a fan of surrealistic art, close to Gerona you will find another village called Figueres. It was a birthplace of Salvador Dali, the most famous surrealist painter. The Dali Museum is a typical extravagant building designed by the artist. This place is worth visiting and every year attracts lots of tourists. In the house of Dali he created the most important paintings in his life.
These are only a few possibilities of spending your time during holidays in Gerona. In this city you will find many excellent monuments to visit, places to explore and dishes to discover. The only thing you need it to do your bags, search an accommodation and enjoy the Catalan culture!
General Articles1. Download Premium Wordpress Themes From Reliable Developers To Enhance Website Presence Online
2. Tablet Repair London | Screen Repair Or Replacement | Tablet Repairer
Author: Tablet Repair
3. Limousine Service In Washington Will Provide A Romantic Spark
Author: Daniel WILLIAMS
4. Digitalized And Globalized Medical Marketplaces
Author: parveen kumar
5. Different Branches Of Oil And Gas Engineering
Author: Mohammad Khalid
6. App Store Optimization Tool | More Users To Your App
Author: Richelle Guo
7. An Insight Into The Perks Of Online Magazine Advertising
Author: Aditya G.
8. Understanding The Dietary Requirements Of Young Pets
Author: Jackson Robert
9. Pega 7 Live Online Training And Self Learning Video By Professionals In New York - Usa
10. Hiring Expert Freestylers For Advancing The Footballing Game Level
Author: parveen kumar
11. What You Don't Know About Casinos Might Shock You
12. Nokia Phone Repairs | Certified Technicians Work On Your Device
Author: Nokia Repairer
13. Review: Lexmark Cs410dtn Printer
Author: Ackley Ada
14. Plus Size Swimwear Uk
15. Get Your Love Back By Vashikaran Mantra | Love Problem Solutions
Author: Get Your Love Back by Vashikaran Mantra | Love pro