ALL >> General >> View Article
Your Next City Break In Gerona!
Total Articles: 33
Summer has already finished. The temperature is lower, sun is not so strong anymore and the seawater is colder. It is a great time to organize a trip and visit one of the most colorful cities of Catalonia. Gerona is a perfect place for a city break, you won´t regret it!
Gerona is a capital of the province of the same name and is located only one hour from Barcelona. This is one of the most popular holiday destinations of this region. There is everything you need to spend amazing time- beautiful monuments, outstanding food and fantastic architecture. Search costa brava apartments and experience unforgettable atmosphere of this place.
For sure, the first thing you will notice after coming to Gerona, are red-yellow flags on almost each balcony. This is a symbol of the independence of Catalonia. You should also know that most of people speak Catalan language. Gerona is well known for great cuisine. If you decide for a self catering costa brava, you will have an opportunity to try all traditional dishes. In this city there are lots of restaurants and bars where you can eat famous ´tapas´. For a dessert we recommend you the local specialty ´Xuixo´. It is a sugar-dusted pastry filled with delicious cream. You will love it!
One of many things to do in Gerona is exploring the Old Town and Jewish Quarter. You will have an opportunity to enjoy long strolls through its narrow streets. The atmosphere of this place is unique. This part of the city is beautifully preserved, making the city´s main attraction. Later, you should visit the cathedral of Gerona which was used by Moors as a mosque. It is a mix of styles. Besides, in the city there are many bridges with lover´s padlocks.
If you are a fan of surrealistic art, close to Gerona you will find another village called Figueres. It was a birthplace of Salvador Dali, the most famous surrealist painter. The Dali Museum is a typical extravagant building designed by the artist. This place is worth visiting and every year attracts lots of tourists. In the house of Dali he created the most important paintings in his life.
These are only a few possibilities of spending your time during holidays in Gerona. In this city you will find many excellent monuments to visit, places to explore and dishes to discover. The only thing you need it to do your bags, search an accommodation and enjoy the Catalan culture!
General Articles1. Sending Your Electronics To A Toronto Electronics Recycling Center
Author: Mohan Rawat
2. Scott Foil: Knowing Your Need For Owning The Best
Author: parveen kumar
3. What Can You Do To Balance An Industrial Oven?
Author: Kiran Khandelwal
4. The Perfect Destination For A Memorable Holiday In Bhimtal
Author: Amit Upretti
5. Top Reasons To Use A Pan Mixer At A Construction Site
Author: Kiran Khandelwal
6. Magnesium Oxide Is An Important Role
Author: hu Allen
7. Oh My Baby, I Rest You Daily With These Crazy Cool Furniture
Author: James Williams
8. All You Want To Learn About Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
Author: Ross Barkely
9. Quick Laptop Screen Repair Sheffield – Lenovo Repairer
10. Exploring Varying Methods Of Chemical Separation
11. Find Private Investigator For Office
Author: kiven Sea
12. Godrej Washing Machine Service Center In Hyderabad
Author: Godrej Washing Machine
13. Hamilton Automatic Khaki X-wind Chronograph H77616533 Mens Watch| Hardy And Fashionable
Author: Jasson C
14. How To Hire The Right Basement Contractor In Toronto
Author: Noah Dube
15. Splendid Things To Do In Cusco Peru Tours
Author: Ricardo Davis