ALL >> General >> View Article
Your Next City Break In Gerona!
Total Articles: 33
Summer has already finished. The temperature is lower, sun is not so strong anymore and the seawater is colder. It is a great time to organize a trip and visit one of the most colorful cities of Catalonia. Gerona is a perfect place for a city break, you won´t regret it!
Gerona is a capital of the province of the same name and is located only one hour from Barcelona. This is one of the most popular holiday destinations of this region. There is everything you need to spend amazing time- beautiful monuments, outstanding food and fantastic architecture. Search costa brava apartments and experience unforgettable atmosphere of this place.
For sure, the first thing you will notice after coming to Gerona, are red-yellow flags on almost each balcony. This is a symbol of the independence of Catalonia. You should also know that most of people speak Catalan language. Gerona is well known for great cuisine. If you decide for a self catering costa brava, you will have an opportunity to try all traditional dishes. In this city there are lots of restaurants and bars where you can eat famous ´tapas´. For a dessert we recommend you the local specialty ´Xuixo´. It is a sugar-dusted pastry filled with delicious cream. You will love it!
One of many things to do in Gerona is exploring the Old Town and Jewish Quarter. You will have an opportunity to enjoy long strolls through its narrow streets. The atmosphere of this place is unique. This part of the city is beautifully preserved, making the city´s main attraction. Later, you should visit the cathedral of Gerona which was used by Moors as a mosque. It is a mix of styles. Besides, in the city there are many bridges with lover´s padlocks.
If you are a fan of surrealistic art, close to Gerona you will find another village called Figueres. It was a birthplace of Salvador Dali, the most famous surrealist painter. The Dali Museum is a typical extravagant building designed by the artist. This place is worth visiting and every year attracts lots of tourists. In the house of Dali he created the most important paintings in his life.
These are only a few possibilities of spending your time during holidays in Gerona. In this city you will find many excellent monuments to visit, places to explore and dishes to discover. The only thing you need it to do your bags, search an accommodation and enjoy the Catalan culture!
General Articles1. Financial System Report India 2017
Author: Ask Bank IFSC Code
2. Wedding Photography Packages To Fit Well In Your Budget
Author: Manish Vishwakarma
3. What Is The Crucial Reason Of Magnesium Oxide Industrial Development?
Author: hu Allen
4. Looking For A Bunch Of Thrilling Manali Travel Packege Activities Then, Go For Any Type Of Dare You
Author: himachal traveldeal
5. Some Of The Most Awkward Moments You May Experience When Dating On Online Dating Mobile App
Author: Richa verma
6. Best Voip Solution With Speedy Internet
Author: sachin kumar
7. Major Components Of Air Conditioning System And Their Function
Author: Satendra Kumar
8. Find The Best Voip Soft Switch Providers To Get Returns In Business
Author: sachin kumar
9. Get Professional Aso Services And App Store Seo Guides At Tapaso
Author: Richelle Guo
10. Sofeeya Escorts - Top Escort Experience
Author: Sofeeya Escorts - Top Escort Experience
11. Dass Ihre Erste Familie Geld Für Frivolitäten Wie Kleidung Ausgibt
12. The Benefits Of Organic Food
Author: Brian Miller
13. Usefulness Of Social Media For Business Branding And Marketing
Author: JDM Web Technologies is Fastest Growing Company
14. Enrolled For Pmp Certification In Mumbai? It’s Time To Educate You For A Pmp Electronic Exam
15. Making Best Use Of E-waste
Author: Bala P