ALL >> Travel >> View Article
How Good Is Travels Madurai ?
Total Articles: 76
Madurai, is the third largest city in south, located on banks of river Vaigai is considered a hub for Software companies. The city has been built around Meenakshi Amman temple and has number of quadrangular streets, to give it an urban look and feel.The active night life made the city famous with name as Thoonga Nagaram.
Madurai is an important industrial and educational hub, is home to various automobile, rubber, granite industries and has been an academic center of learning for Tamil culture, literature, art, music and dance for centuries.The numerous festivals like Meenakshi Tirukkalyanam,the Chittirai Festival are being celebrated here.The annual ten day Meenakshi Tirukalyanam festival, also called Chittirai festival, is celebrated every year and lots of tourists are coming to the place for these festivals. The celebration of different kinds of festivals in unison makes it vibrant. The Thepporchayam festival is celebrated on the full moon day which falls around January – February. Hence with so many different festivals, the city is unique and vibrant which will make travels in Madurai exciting. The place is so long established and is more than 2500 years old, having a great cultural heritage and strong mythological history. The city is constructed in the form of a lotus and is known as lotus city too.
There is a beautiful temple constructed by the Pandyan kings and Lord Shiva is worshiped here. Meenakshi Sundareswarar is the well known temple,surrounded by concentric circles and hence known as cosmos city. It depends on when you travels Madurai and then only can enjoy the festive season. Today Madurai is a modern commercial and industrial city, and is renowned for its weaving mills and dyeing industry. The major attractions for tourists coming to travels Madurai is The chungadi cotton sarees ,known for colorful tie and dye and other specialty items including Handicrafts, brassware, and the famous wooden toys. Thirumalai Palace is a national monument in the Indo Saracenic style and has been maintained well by the Tamil Nadu Archaeological Department. The daily sound and light show organized by the department explains the virtues of King Thirumalai and the features of the palace. Now if we talk about accommodation part, there are lots of options available ranging from a budget one to star hotels. International chain hotels to family run guesthouses, all kind of accommodation are available and special discounts are also given. Apart from basic amenities, facilities like free WiFi access and parking,24 hour rooms service are available.There is not any problem for stay as many good mid range accommodation are available and transport facilities are very good in terms of connectivity.
Travel Articles1. Book Online Hotel In Costa Rica
Author: James Palin
2. Making The Case In Favor Of Atlanta Limousine Rental
Author: James Marshal
3. Best Tourist Places In India, Himachal Tourist Places, Best Tourist Places Of The World
Author: Vinod yadav
4. How Could A Charter Bus Rental In Orlando Be More Affordable For Prom
Author: Hire Charter Bus
5. Make Entire Visit Of Lake City Accessible With Appropriate Taxi Services
Author: Julie ranawat
6. How To Have A Safe And Pleasant Taxi Ride In Udaipur
Author: Vaibhav Ji
7. Exploring The Geography Of Japan
Author: Steve Corrigan
8. What A Professional Travel Company In Bhubaneswar Can Do For You?
Author: Urban Yatra
9. Why Hiring A Travel Agency In Bhubaneswar Worth The Investment?
Author: Urban Yatra
10. Experiencing The Beauty Of Various Tokyo Tourists Attractions With A Guide
Author: Ekaterina Kholkina
11. Ayurvedic Treatment In Kerala Is The Property Of Kerala Tourism
Author: Rakesh Kumar
12. Rajasthan Trip To Land Of Kingdoms
Author: Top Travel
13. View Wonderful Nature’s Beauty In Mount Everest Base Camp Trekking In Nepal
14. Why To Halt At Malta Before Your Excursion In Sicily?
Author: Christian Guardione
15. Tomb Of Sultan Worth Visit Palace In Morocco
Author: Eric Watson