ALL >> Health >> View Article
The Cosmetic Dentist Is Your “fabulous Smile” Dentist
Total Articles: 79
A cosmetic dentist is your smile dentist. That is, he or she can do wonders to improve your smile using an array of tools and techniques, making it clean, attractive and healthy. Subtle modifications to major repairs in your teeth in cosmetic dentistry isn’t just about aesthetics, but also for your comfort and convenience. Oral improvements done by the dentist can improve your bite, among many other benefits. Do you have any of the following problems on your teeth?
• Lost or missing teeth
To fix these problems, the dentist can either
• Reshape your teeth
• Close gaps of spaces between your teeth
• Restore worn or short teeth
• Alter the length of your teeth
Common cosmetic dentistry procedures are:
• Do you have a problem about stained or discolored teeth? Give off a beautiful smile with your white and healthy teeth. You’ll want your teeth to have a whiter shade for that. Tea, coffee, medications and cigarettes cause teeth discoloration. Discolored teeth can also be hereditary, and it also a symptom of aging. The procedure applied to correct stained or teeth discoloration is bleaching. There are several ways to bleach your teeth. Your dentist can perform the procedure in his or her clinic, or it can be a procedure supervised by them. There are teeth whitening kits you can buy at the drug store and take home with you. These are DIY teeth whitening kits. It takes 2- 4 weeks to whiten your teeth at home, whereas the dentist can perform and complete the procedure in 45 minutes to 1 hour.
• Do your teeth have gaps? Or is the problem tooth chipping, staining or slight decaying? The solution to these cosmetic oral problems is bonding. Tooth bonding requires just one office visit, but the result of the treatment can last for several years. Bonded composite resins are commonly used to fill decayed or chipped teeth.
• Do you want to change the color or shape of your teeth because they are chipped, oddly shaped, uneven, discolored or crooked? Ask your dentist about plastic or porcelain veneers. Veneers are placed over the front of the teeth to correct any of these cosmetic oral problems. Either veneers or bonding are used to treat the same teeth irregularities.
• Decayed or gapped teeth can be restored to their normal shape using crowns or caps. Crowns are quite expensive, and are only considered if other cosmetic dentistry procedures are not effective. However, veneers are more costly, and opted as the next alternative to crowns.
• In a single session of tooth contouring or reshaping in the dentist’s clinic, your crooked, chipped or irregularly shaped teeth can be corrected. Bite problems can also be fixed through tooth contouring or reshaping. Commonly, tooth contouring/reshaping is combined with bonding.
Consult your dentist about the right procedure for your tooth problem. The dentist is going to recommend the best procedure according to the condition of your teeth and the results you want. Ask your dentist these questions:
• How will the results/changes look like?
• How long will the treatment take? What should I expect during the course of the treatment?
• What maintenance practices/ methods do I need to do?
Additionally, you can request for before and after photos of other patients so you can determine if you’re consulting a qualified and credible cosmetic dentist. The best dentist Melbourne performs treatments so you can release your smile splendidly and confidently, check more info at freedomdental.com.au.
Health Articles1. Set Up Your Romantic Mood With Essential Oil
2. Important Tips For Buying Essential Oils
3. Mistakes That You Should Avoid When Buying Essential Oil
4. Important Things To Remember When Planning To Buy Essential Oil
5. Where To Purchase A Good Quality Essential Oil?
6. Do You Know How To Use Essential Oil?
7. Buy Essential Oil For Weight Loss
8. Buy Quality Essential Oils For Your Soul, Body And Emotions
9. Where To Purchase Best Essential Oil
10. Essential Oil – A Best Natural Skincare
11. Fragrant Healing For Emotional Well Being
12. Learn The Secrets About Essential Oils
13. Fragrance Based Treatment Tips For Beginners
14. Manual For Evaluating The Aroma Of An Essential Oil
15. Step By Step Instructions To Perform A Skin Patch Test With Essential Oils